S'pore's best and worst shopping centre

Ahtong

Worst IMO is Siglap Centre.

I don't know which is the best but I like the view at Vivo City.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i think parkway... cos i use to work there...

the carpark is all two way for both side... and when turning up or down... some car just drive too fast... then bang!

if full house still ok... cos everyone will go slow... but if is clear... when come to turning best go slow on the turn... u dunno when other will come down/go up fast then bang... had see a few crash when i work there around 10am or 3pm...

Best and worst in terms of what?

If carpark, old Sembawang Shopping Centre is the worst (now renovate not so bad, but always no lot). Northpoint and Causeway Point also not that good (why must put lots on slope?!)

Vivo's carpark is nice and big.

Other 'dishonourable' mentions:

Plaza Singapura. Really stupid one-way system. Once you enter a deck to check for carpark you cannot go up anymore. Only can go down and go out.

Central (Clarke Quay). Carpark itself is okay, but has a ridiculous five storey ramp upwards.

I like IMM, because first 3 hours free. [:p]

If we are talking about the worst caparks in shopping centres, then Liang Court's carpark deserves a mention... The spiral ramp up about 3 - 4 storeys to get to the carparking level should not be attempted by the faint-hearted nor a P-plater without supervision...

Edited by Emils

Turbocharged

how about upper serangoon shopping center?

the last time i went to hunt for "friendly" games CDs, it looked like a 猛鬼大厦 :blink:

Supercharged

to me some commercial bldg carpark also falls under this cat!

golden mile where u hv the steamboat....not for the narrow, dark lit but rather the condition of the floor, got pothole!!

thot one can only find that on road nvr expect in carpark :ph34r:

wow..people's park car park also sux to the max. super small, narrow and full of pot holes. the car park design is only suitable for cars 20-30 yrs ago.

PS also sucky. only can choose 1 deck and from then its all the way down.

If we are talking about the worst caparks in shopping centres, then Liang Court's carpark deserves a mention... The spiral ramp up about 3 - 4 storeys to get to the carparking level should not be attempted by the faint-hearted nor a P-plater without supervision...

talking about spiral ramp, the one at Orchard Central is worse I think. its 5 storeys to get to carparking level and because the car park is designed in such a way that there are quite few lots per level, most of the time you need to drive a further 2-3 storeys before you can get to park..tat's altogether a total of around 7-8 storeys to go.

Neutral Newbie

Best and worst in terms of what?

If carpark, old Sembawang Shopping Centre is the worst (now renovate not so bad, but always no lot). Northpoint and Causeway Point also not that good (why must put lots on slope?!)

Vivo's carpark is nice and big.

Other 'dishonourable' mentions:

Plaza Singapura. Really stupid one-way system. Once you enter a deck to check for carpark you cannot go up anymore. Only can go down and go out.

Central (Clarke Quay). Carpark itself is okay, but has a ridiculous five storey ramp upwards.

I like IMM, because first 3 hours free. [:p]

AGREE...PS car park is horrible!!!

Neutral Newbie

agree on central

the wall all look the same when going up/down, make one very giddy

i quite like IMM but i dun really like to go during weekend evening. Really hve to try luck even though not full. End up some cars also anyhow park. I think as compared to the previous carpark arrangement, improve alot liao. Last time jam from 6th floor when all go bac at night.

i dun like lots on slope too...especially 2 way traffic..want to stop and wait also difficult.

Usually my style is just hoot all the way to the top few floors lah.

Neutral Newbie

Am staying at EAST side. Ikea & Giant Tampines got the most parking, and is totally FREE !! While Tampines One always seem to have a long que of cars waiting to turn in to the carpark.

Since this is a car forum, believes most of us are talking about best and worst, relating to Cars also, right? Thus the discussion of carpark? <_<

Supercharged

Liang court or Central still quite ok to me.

Go try Novena Square 2. At least 7 storey of spiral ramp. It's just seem like a never ending upwards.

But I find it fun

The worst car park...and really hate it is parkway parade. What a stupid design. When some car turn out or do parking, the entire lane is block forming a long queue behind. Then some idiot also block the entire lane because he wants to wait for a lot.

Edited by Starry

how about upper serangoon shopping center?

the last time i went to hunt for "friendly" games CDs, it looked like a 猛鬼大厦 :blink:

True True, now the shopping center with 5 storey left a few shops still operating.

Use to go there very often in the 80s.

I made a terrible mistake when I started this thread. I wanted to ask which shopping centre offered the best / worst shopping experience. Then when the conversation veered towards carparks, I realized this is MCF not cozy cot.

Right now, anything goes. You can talk about best carparks, best shooping experience, or even best shopping centre toilet ......

Turbocharged

True True, now the shopping center with 5 storey left a few shops still operating.

Use to go there very often in the 80s.

are they going to demolish the building soon?

me also used to go there very often...

the last time i visited was about 4/5 years ago...

↡ Advertisement