Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
582 replies to this topic | 10 praises

Posted 23 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

hi bros and sisters in mycarforum...

i was wondering if anyone was driving the above mentioned car...

it's a 1.5L MIVEC turbo producing stock 145bhp, mated to 6CVT and does 0-100kph in 8.5s...

i'm considering getting a 2nd hand one, probably a 4.5yrs old selling at $38,000...

it's got auto headlamps, auto tailgate, and keyless entry which can fold the mirrors, and close all windows remotely when outside the car...

may i know if there are problems with the car and how to settle it??

thanks.

The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:12 PM

Strat
  • Premium member
    Strat
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

car got problem go workshop lor...
since 2nd hand, you can ask to send for inspection 1st before buying.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 04:27 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

so you are like me too, fancy the colt turbo.

well, based on the research. it seems to be a good ride. if can, opt for the manual.
more thrills and performance in power and fc

as for the parts portion, i'm not sure if it is available as i understand ralliart seems to wind up lately.

bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

Lucaswh
  • Lucaswh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

colt plus turbo?

i think it's quite a sleeper car...

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:08 PM

Pocus
  • Pocus
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

well, based on the research. it seems to be a good ride. if can, opt for the manual.

as for the parts portion, i'm not sure if it is available as i understand ralliart seems to wind up lately.

Actually Ralliart didn't wind up but it downsized....the parts management moved back to Mitsubishi though. The even though the Colt Plus Ralliart got the "Ralliart" tag, it only means the tech is developed/tuned by ralliart. The car is still built by Mit so no worries C&C still honor the car.

Basically the Colt Plus Ralliart is the same as the Colt Version R, the only difference is the muffler, chassis and suspension setup. Colt Plus Ralliart is more mellow while the CVR is harsher.

The chassis is not reinforced unlike the CVR, but hey you got more boot space and a auto tailgate! laugh.gif

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:23 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it's a 1.5L MIVEC turbo producing stock 145bhp, mated to 6CVT and does 0-100kph in 8.5s...

i'm considering getting a 2nd hand one, probably a 4.5yrs old selling at $38,000...

it's got auto headlamps, auto tailgate, and keyless entry which can fold the mirrors, and close all windows remotely when outside the car...

thanks.

4.5 years CPT is the first batch.
it might not all the features stated and it does not comes with vented bonnet.
check out the exact features before committing.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 05:24 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

no manual version for the CPT.

Posted 23 March 2010 - 06:02 PM

Kurty
  • Premium member
    Kurty
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my bad, kinda confuse by this colt. blink.gif

so they got
colt version R
colt plus ralliart turbo, whereby got vented bonnet.

in terms of cosmetic, definitely the ralliart is a beaut
bluey Tiko Ranger

I have a pen, I have an apple..

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:08 AM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

well, is this what you all meant by the car having vents/ no vents??

this is the 2006 model (probably 1st batch)
doesn't come with air-vents on the bonnet...

http://www.sgcarmart...h...645&DL=1316

this is the 2008 model (later models)
comes with air-vent intake on the bonnet...

http://www.sgcarmart...h...886&DL=1000

i personally like the more discreet model aka--model without the bonnet vent/scoop...

as for the interior, yes, i'll check if it comes with safety windows, auto headlights, electric tailgate...etc...

thanks.
The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 06:12 AM

Ferraricalifornia
  • Ferraricalifornia
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

oh???

so the Colt Plus Turbo is tuned by Ralliart too??

i thought Mitsubishi just added a turbo to the CPT...i didn't notice any Ralliart badges and stuff...

it's a really different car to the Colt Ralliart Turbo...that's really a ghastly car...

haha...

laugh.gif laugh.gif

but eitherway, even if Ralliart closes down, C&C has already stopped selling the CPT...

spare parts should be only available at the scraps???

The Married Men 91.3FM

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:47 AM

Kenmical
  • Premium member
    Kenmical
    5th Gear
    Author Image

No doubt that the older version is discreet but pls also understand that the vent is much more than aesthetic purpose. Heard that there is a tendency of higher operating temp for older models. With the vent hot air escape easier and faster. After all discreet or not there is still a turbo inside the engine bay ya.

Then again you can buy one vented bonnet and fix it on too.

well, is this what you all meant by the car having vents/ no vents??

this is the 2006 model (probably 1st batch)
doesn't come with air-vents on the bonnet...

http://www.sgcarmart...h...645&DL=1316

this is the 2008 model (later models)
comes with air-vent intake on the bonnet...

http://www.sgcarmart...h...886&DL=1000

i personally like the more discreet model aka--model without the bonnet vent/scoop...

as for the interior, yes, i'll check if it comes with safety windows, auto headlights, electric tailgate...etc...

thanks.

Posted 24 March 2010 - 08:48 AM

Kenmical
  • Premium member
    Kenmical
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Cars here lifespan officially expires in 10yrs. So no matter what C&C or stockist will have their way of getting you the parts you need. Just how much you are willing to fork out.

oh???

so the Colt Plus Turbo is tuned by Ralliart too??

i thought Mitsubishi just added a turbo to the CPT...i didn't notice any Ralliart badges and stuff...

it's a really different car to the Colt Ralliart Turbo...that's really a ghastly car...

haha...

laugh.gif laugh.gif

but eitherway, even if Ralliart closes down, C&C has already stopped selling the CPT...

spare parts should be only available at the scraps???

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:24 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

thanks.

me drivin one now & enjoyin every moment.

nice design (subjective); very nice wen zhng'ed w ralliart parts
good for straight line acceleration & weavin betw traffic (if u do so)
above avg fc (me get avg 12+km/l w shell 98)
closely matched gear ratios until 4th gear
max torque at 2.5k rpm (2nd gear pulls > 1st gear)
very versatile w various seat config
electric tailgate
etacs functions like mirror fold / windscreen wind after car locked
high omv; most affordable yet most pracical turbo car for family man
all auto door windscreen (on driver ctl)
safety features like tailgate & windscreen move opposite obstruction path
smooth cvt = smooth ride (many dont like it though)
easy to wash / park / maneuvre
fabric seat dont feel hot if parked under hot sun
bassy exhaust tune (not loud)
nice turbo spinnin sound (or swirlin-air-being-sucked sound?)
factory fitted parts like strut bar, alloy rims, privacy glass for all rear doors & tailgate
clear tail lamps

dislikes:

doesn't handle as good like wen tacklin corners (mayb i dunno how to handle turbo throttle?)
suspension setup not as firm as i expected
15" stock rims kinda small (16" should improve handlin & nicer, of cos with good set of rubbers) although not ugly
doors feel "tincan"; car feels not as heavy
fabric seat (expect "baut" for older cars)
no armrest & boot power socket (unlike colt plus)
plasticky interior (short for the red trimmings dat's chio)
rough engine (after 4k rpm)
effective torque range too narrow (though specs stated max torque till 5k rpm, but i felt kinda drag at 4k rpm)

as mine is few mths old car, cant advise any issues. but i've chk w few colt plus owners - no issues thruout 3-4yrs ownin; unsure abt turbo though. but dont mod cvt car - i've known someone drivin cvr whose cvt failed 6x thruout 1.5yrs owning cos he modded engine settin like boost pressure. STAY STOCK.

cheers :)

Edited by Fuelsaver, 26 March 2010 - 12:32 AM.

FS

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

Turbonetics
  • Premium member
    Turbonetics
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

cpt comes with 15" stock rims?
cvr comes in 16" stock rims.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:46 AM

Nazhackerz
  • Nazhackerz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

maintenance for the colt plus ralliart is quite alot because of the turbo..........same goes for the fuel consumption. I would not recommend you to get it, especially if it secondhand. Parts for this car is also expensive.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:05 AM

Kungming
  • Kungming
    4th Gear
    Author Image

rmbr to check out the insurance quotes as well. For turbo cars, its a :(

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

Zafchen
  • Zafchen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

me drivin one now & enjoyin every moment.

nice design (subjective); very nice wen zhng'ed w ralliart parts
good for straight line acceleration & weavin betw traffic (if u do so)
above avg fc (me get avg 12+km/l w shell 98)
closely matched gear ratios until 4th gear
max torque at 2.5k rpm (2nd gear pulls > 1st gear)
very versatile w various seat config
electric tailgate
etacs functions like mirror fold / windscreen wind after car locked
high omv; most affordable yet most pracical turbo car for family man
all auto door windscreen (on driver ctl)
safety features like tailgate & windscreen move opposite obstruction path
smooth cvt = smooth ride (many dont like it though)
easy to wash / park / maneuvre
fabric seat dont feel hot if parked under hot sun
bassy exhaust tune (not loud)
nice turbo spinnin sound (or swirlin-air-being-sucked sound?)
factory fitted parts like strut bar, alloy rims, privacy glass for all rear doors & tailgate
clear tail lamps

dislikes:

doesn't handle as good like wen tacklin corners (mayb i dunno how to handle turbo throttle?)
suspension setup not as firm as i expected
15" stock rims kinda small (16" should improve handlin & nicer, of cos with good set of rubbers) although not ugly
doors feel "tincan"; car feels not as heavy
fabric seat (expect "baut" for older cars)
no armrest & boot power socket (unlike colt plus)
plasticky interior (short for the red trimmings dat's chio)
rough engine (after 4k rpm)
effective torque range too narrow (though specs stated max torque till 5k rpm, but i felt kinda drag at 4k rpm)

as mine is few mths old car, cant advise any issues. but i've chk w few colt plus owners - no issues thruout 3-4yrs ownin; unsure abt turbo though. but dont mod cvt car - i've known someone drivin cvr whose cvt failed 6x thruout 1.5yrs owning cos he modded engine settin like boost pressure. STAY STOCK.

cheers :)

actually booting the turbo pressure might or might not hurt the gear box.... for the case u see.. those ppl are those who set the pressure too high pushing their engine to product over 250bhp.... well this is possible but gearbox might not be able to take it in long run... as stock pressure is 0.4 bar... having a boots controller with Unichip tuning... set to 0.8 bar or 1 bar is enough for CVR.... wat i recommand is tune untill 200bhp is good enough le.. don go beyond that...

Don't do the right thing, Do the correct thing

Posted 28 March 2010 - 01:49 AM

Zafchen
  • Zafchen
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

maintenance for the colt plus ralliart is quite alot because of the turbo..........same goes for the fuel consumption. I would not recommend you to get it, especially if it secondhand. Parts for this car is also expensive.

actually not all turbo car are high on FC.... for CVR can easily product 1L/12km... that very good for turbo car... i think some non-turbo car cant even have 1L/12km...

To Kungming : as for insurance, again not all turbo car can be expensive... look at Honda civic... their insurance also not very cheap...

Edited by Zafchen, 28 March 2010 - 01:51 AM.

Don't do the right thing, Do the correct thing

Posted 28 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

Leontan
  • Premium member
    Leontan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

buy 2nd hand car quite dangerous...i got a 4 friends who bought and only 1 of them no prob till now. Problems occur after a few months up to a year.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:47 PM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Supercharged
    Author Image

actually booting the turbo pressure might or might not hurt the gear box.... for the case u see.. those ppl are those who set the pressure too high pushing their engine to product over 250bhp.... well this is possible but gearbox might not be able to take it in long run... as stock pressure is 0.4 bar... having a boots controller with Unichip tuning... set to 0.8 bar or 1 bar is enough for CVR.... wat i recommand is tune untill 200bhp is good enough le.. don go beyond that...

ur stock boost 0.4 nia? mine stock 0.5 to 0.6. bro don't poison me leh.. i'm happy to keep stock at least for now.. too fast wifey wil kpkb.. thx for sharin bro. need mod lobang wil PM u :)
FS

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: mitsubishi , colt , plus , turbo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users