Shell? Esso? Mobil? Caltex? SPC

Melvinyuen

Shell? Esso? Mobil? Caltex? SPC  

401 members have voted

1. 1. which petrol gives your ride the best milage?

• shell
    • esso
    • mobil
    • caltex
    • spc

caltax platinium 15% has T&C- must min spend 500 total in bill to get this rebate. Not immediate

↡ Advertisement

There was another thread on best site discount for Caltex and I think the optimal combination is:

5% site discount + 5% AA membership discont + 5% Citibank Platinum Dividend rebate + Thanks! points.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i guess u havent visit caltex yet. hsbc, ocbc, safra now 11% only

yah,, really? I didn't know drop to 11%

cause i pump $80 each time

I went to Esso liao, it's 13% for DBS Esso from now till end of Aug 2010.

Cheers! The cashier told me to show DBS Esso & Smiles Card together.

If i want 14.5% It's Citibank Dividend + Mobile Privilege Card together.

Like to share my observations regarding the pump attendants at ESSO and SHELL.

I have started off using Esso for my ride over the last 1 year and I switched to Shell few months back lately.

My observation is that the pump attendants at SHELL seems to be more attentive and customer oriented. The pump attendant at Shell will ask me whether I would have my windshield cleaned each time I pump petrol. However, this is not so at Esso pump station. Moreover, the pump attendants at Shell are more forthcoming to pump petrol for you than Esso after you alight from your car.

Of course, I have to caution that my observations may be isolated as I frequent these petrol stations in the WEST and may not be the case for petrol stations elsewhere in other parts of Singapore.

However in terms of hardware, I would prefer Esso as they have AXS and DBS ATM which I am a regular user.

• Praise 1

I use Caltex 98 base on recommendation by my workshop (who also recomended shell), as well as good discount on safra + citibank card.

Your question is very subjective, FC is dependant on various factors, not just the petroleum company's product alone.

Agree to that, and just share the following observations:-

Suzuki 800(M): travelled about 50km further with Shell than Mobil (both Octane 92) according to speed limits (same dry roads)

Fiat Uno1.0ie(M:) showed above normal engine temperature with Shell Octane 98 until air-con switched off (dry roads). No issue with Shell Octane 92 same (dry roads)

Kelisa(M): travelled on full tank to KL and back with about 100km spare fuel using Shell Octane 92 at 120km/h along North-South Highway (dry roads)

Accent 1.5M travelled just over 100km distance under probably ideal condition with Octane 92. FC at 28.8km/l

Myvi (M): Shell Octane 95 and SPC Octane 95 seemsto be about the same (needs further monitoring). Octane 95 from ExxonMobil/Clatex Octane 95 seems shorter travelled distances (needs further monitoring). Sensitive to traffic jams. After trip into West Malaysia engine seems quieter using both Octane 97 and 95 there (some petrol koisks only sold Octane 95)

• Praise 1

BP and SPC have their own blend.

SPC and Caltex came from same refinery, but eqach have their own secret formulars or additives.

From the survey results at t he moment, Esso is leading, but we know that in Sg Esso and Mobil merged and uses Mobil blend instead of Esso formula.

BP and SPC have their own blend.

SPC and Caltex came from same refinery, but eqach have their own secret formulars or additives.

From the survey results at t he moment, Esso is leading, but we know that in Sg Esso and Mobil merged and uses Mobil blend instead of Esso formula.

So brother which one works for the beast you have?

haha

I have been on Shell for a few years.

recently just switch to Caltex to try

My car's taste bug is lousy.

Cannot tell the different flavours of fuel.

So maybe for a while will show the different.

I use Caltex 98 base on recommendation by my workshop (who also recomended shell), as well as good discount on safra + citibank card.

...same here...discount dropped from 12% to 11%... :angry:

• Praise 1

Agree to that, and just share the following observations:-

Suzuki 800(M): travelled about 50km further with Shell than Mobil (both Octane 92) according to speed limits (same dry roads)

Fiat Uno1.0ie(M:) showed above normal engine temperature with Shell Octane 98 until air-con switched off (dry roads). No issue with Shell Octane 92 same (dry roads)

Kelisa(M): travelled on full tank to KL and back with about 100km spare fuel using Shell Octane 92 at 120km/h along North-South Highway (dry roads)

Accent 1.5M travelled just over 100km distance under probably ideal condition with Octane 92. FC at 28.8km/l

Myvi (M): Shell Octane 95 and SPC Octane 95 seemsto be about the same (needs further monitoring). Octane 95 from ExxonMobil/Clatex Octane 95 seems shorter travelled distances (needs further monitoring). Sensitive to traffic jams. After trip into West Malaysia engine seems quieter using both Octane 97 and 95 there (some petrol koisks only sold Octane 95)

Travelled over 360km with 3/4 tank of SPC Octane92 (estimated 15km/l)

Will monitor others subsequently

Neutral Newbie

Heys all just started my account so cannot start new topic

Anyways just wanna let u guys know that

Shell V-Power will cost same as FuelSave98 every Fri-Sun

7pm-11pm starting from 27Aug - 26 Sept. To celebrate the 3rd Night Race F1 in SG :D

Just to let those tht didn't receive this news know~ :D

Cheers~~

Just take note

For Safra cards to be used, ur name, date of expiry and all the other card details must be clearly seen.

else, the additional discounts from the safra card will not apply.

i kena one time....

5% discount only.

Just take note

For Safra cards to be used, ur name, date of expiry and all the other card details must be clearly seen.

else, the additional discounts from the safra card will not apply.

i kena one time....

5% discount only.

Guess what I done???

hahahaha

I show them my SAFRA card and put back into my pocket.

Then the cashier will just acknowledge that I have SAFRA card and w/o looking at my card, the just keyed the discount of SAFRA....

works all the time.

I know this name and expiry date thingy as I passed my SAFRA card to my dad and I am using my wife's dependent card that I gave her.... [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

U can try this toooo.

I tried the shell fuel save when they had the $1 per litre offer. Made no difference whatsoever in mileage. Hahaha, so im back to cheap SPC. My one picanto only, no need power power fuel.

Decided to monitor using Octane95 instead of Octane92 (got piston slap when using Octane92). I believe two tankful of each brand should give some ideas. Two tankful of Shell used, now on 1st tank of Caltex.

↡ Advertisement