Kok Kee's wonton noodle is worth the wait

Blackseal

Think that stall is not worth the wait. Lean charsiew is not nice imo. Prefer some fats... same applies to women...

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged

its OBVIOUSLY over-rated.......

portion too small for the price. only fools will eat this. the stall owners are laughing on the way to the bank.

they purposely slow down their speed so that there is a queue.

Neutral Newbie

Agree, boycott them few years back. Small $4 Big $5 , The Char Siew and Wan Tan not up to standard.

The most annoying thing is , when you intend to sell a big plate for $5, at least you have to make sure the portion is good enough for a " big " eater.

I am a small size gal, I found that $5 very little for me!!! Once is enough..OVER RATED!

its OBVIOUSLY over-rated.......

portion too small for the price. only fools will eat this. the stall owners are laughing on the way to the bank.

they purposely slow down their speed so that there is a queue.

Think that stall is not worth the wait. Lean charsiew is not nice imo. Prefer some fats... same applies to women...

go try the char siew in the wanton mee at blk 332 AMK... behind the Cahtolic Church at ave8..... superb!!

stupidity know no boundaries

if it is too expensive then dont buy

people like to complain so much and after awhile behind people's back

go back and buy

this i notice quite often among my colleagues

kpkb about the coffee shop mixed vegetable store and how tasteless it is

then go and buy a few days later

Neutral Newbie

old timers told me the original kk stall was the best, really power!

Just curious, where is their original store ?

Edited by Mspg

if i remembered correctly,

was a roadside stall at jalan besar, run by the father ...

father of the aunties thats cooking the noodles now! :D

one way to confirm whether any bros have eaten your mom's noodle before:

she free to make some nowadays so that we can taste and confirm?? .... thank you

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Coz their landed property is getting bigger bigger and their luxury cars are getting bigger cc too...

Frankly I never eaten their wanton noodles before and never will...IMO the best wanton noodles are cooked by my mom...

Last time she was a kopitiam stall owner operating a wanton mee stall in the 80's era, near the hotel new world where it collapsed...

I remember we use kerosene to fire up the stove to cook the soup and the noodles...and is those black noodles. 1 bowl at $1.20 with 5 wanton and self made charsiew. Every friday my dad would make foochow fishballs to supplement income also. Haha. Duno any bros in their 50s here eaten??

haha...even now want to replicate the taste also not really possible except in boleh land...coz cant get kerosene, the noodle texture (last time she specially ordered the noodles, same texture as the QQ noodles [:p] ) and the sauces I remember we buy from a trishaw guy who peddles to our kopitiam and the jiu cheng, tao yiu and chili are from his shop near Jalan Berseh food centre (where last time is a wet market street)...oohh...how nostalgic [laugh]

Tonite wanton mee long q again.

This morning I tried pontian wanton mee, I think it is good

bro...you really duno how to enjoy wantan mee leh...pontian buys their sauces from sheng siong those big bottle types...if got time can do a spot check...

Think I should replicate my mum go sell kerosene cooked wantan mee...maybe sell $10 a bowl? [laugh] then can buy my maserati and my sentosa cove unit... [laugh]

bro...you really duno how to enjoy wantan mee leh...pontian buys their sauces from sheng siong those big bottle types...if got time can do a spot check...

Think I should replicate my mum go sell kerosene cooked wantan mee...maybe sell $10 a bowl? [laugh] then can buy my maserati and my sentosa cove unit... [laugh]

U are right that their sauce noting to shout about, but the mee than Q lor [:)]

U sell $10 and the rest start to follow, the society will topple... [knife]

U are right that their sauce noting to shout about, but the mee than Q lor [:)]

U sell $10 and the rest start to follow, the society will topple... [knife]

haha if really go sell, fire engine will standby everyday beside my stall [laugh]

but seriously is good profit though. anyone got follow the bosses home and check where they stay? [laugh]

↡ Advertisement