• Reply to this topic
159 replies to this topic | 185 praises

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:49 PM

Kev33
  • Kev33
    Banned

BAN: Clone of Dennis78

Hi all,

I been wanting to do up my solar films for my car as the weather is terrible these days. And went on to understand and enquiry about the different types of solar films offered in Singapore.

To my surprise some Top brands do not seem to offer very good types of solar films and instead its the lesser known companies that do sad.gif

I understand that Metallic films will cause IU/GPS interference and are the lesser preferred. And IR% would be most important for heat rejection. I asked for their top specs and for my mid-size saloon BMW 320I and all LTA approved.

Below are my findings for each

Brand_____________Type of Solar Film____________Front IR%________________Rear IR%_______________Cost

Huber Optik___________Nano-Ceramic_________________45______________________87____________________1100
V- Kool______________Metalllic-Film_________________77_____________________98_____________________1200 wub.gif
Absolute Tint__________Nano-Ceramic__________________95_____________________95_____________________480 smile.gif
Rike Cool_____________Nano-ceramic__________________80_____________________90___________________1600 bigcry.gif
Tintsy Cool_____________Nano-Ceramic__________________90_____________________90______________________949

Verdict - I decided on Absolute Tint that proves the best value and highest specs for both front and rear.

It was quite shocking to know that the big brands are over-charging and not proving as good films as I thought they have. dizzy.gif

Edited by BabyBlade, 26 May 2014 - 03:50 PM.
BAN: Clone of Dennis78

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 29 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Cons18
  • Cons18
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Did they show you or test the film with the meter,i do not mean the bulb feel that most of them do that.
I mean did they show or read the film with meter to prove the IRR.

My experience once is that 1 month ago, i fixed an appointment with a shop at Ubi at 1pm to install a so call 95% IRR's solar film for all the windows but when i go back to the shop at 6pm+,they have only just installed the front windscreen and told me to come back at 8pm!!wow lau..
As I got an appointment to rush,I were so fed up and just left the shop

After a few days drive, I still feel so warm(from front) as compare to my father car with so call 80%IRR.So i sent my car to another shop to install the rest of the of the windows .

This time,I go for the 99%IRR even though it cost me more than the other shop.The boss tested the film with a IR meter that read to me exactly 99%IRR!!
And also I suspect the one that i install for the front windscreen is not "95%IRR" so i asked the boss to tear it out and test..

You guess?? its read only 56%IRR!!..and they sell me at 95%IRR!!I really feel so cheated but fortunely I only done up the front windscreen with this unethical shop.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:14 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

They have so may grades, some cost $188, some cost 1K plus. I just wonder if their staff ever made mistakes, mistook low grade film for high grade and vice versa or was wrongly communicated.

The last I installed, I chose the highest grade. Then, the boss gave instruction to his workers in Cantonese. I don't understand Cantonese! Then, I see the worker pulling out the films out from heaps of films.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:17 PM

Leontan
  • Premium member
    Leontan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

you can try Zen Car Services located at 208 Macpherson Road.

http://www.zencar.com.sg/

I did mine for $300. Best quality film somemore. No regrets till now.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:18 PM

Kiadaw
  • Kiadaw
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

You mean, you lived in Singapore & never had solar film until recently? Thats more surprising that the difference in prices for the brands.

Before you put the solar film, maybe you can help me do a test. Put an egg on top of the dashboard in the morning, & see it it turns full boil in open carpark by evening when you drove back home. :p

By the way, didn't know its so expensive to get solar film done up.

Thanks.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Demodan
  • Premium member
    Demodan
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

infratint lei?
Don't Blame Anything That Cannot Speak For Itself

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:31 PM

Jamesc
  • Premium member
    Jamesc
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

They have so may grades, some cost $188, some cost 1K plus. I just wonder if their staff ever made mistakes, mistook low grade film for high grade and vice versa or was wrongly communicated.

The last I installed, I chose the highest grade. Then, the boss gave instruction to his workers in Cantonese. I don't understand Cantonese! Then, I see the worker pulling out the films out from heaps of films.

I did mine for $170 and chose the lowest grade cos money no enough.

I hope they made a mistake and accidentally installed the higher grade! biggrin.gif
I am so happy and I don't care.
Wife ran off with another man, daughter turn lesbian, son go for sex change operation, house burn down, business failed.
Easy come easy go. :)

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:53 PM

Yoyo
  • Premium member
    Yoyo
    Clutched
    Author Image

what about "Cool & Lite" brand?

Do share the name of unethical shop and also the shop you mentioned offer quality spec as claim.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 05:57 PM

Cons18
  • Cons18
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Actually,I were also unsure weather they really put the 99%IRR or not as I been cheated once..but then..
During the installation process,while the installers lay the film on the window(before paste) this boss even test the film with the meter again to assure me and its read 99% IRR.

haha..This time I end up happily with no doubt.

This film really work,I can say that the best heat cut film which I ever have, even under the current hot Sun.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 06:13 PM

Cons18
  • Cons18
    1st Gear
    Author Image

what about "Cool & Lite" brand?

Do share the name of unethical shop and also the shop you mentioned offer quality spec as claim.

Sorry bro,think not so nice to mention name.
Just be more careful & kiasu ask for more proven spec(that eye can see)of the products before you buy,esp when the products cost are so much different from each other.
Once bitten twice shy...haha..i learned from experience. :)

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:33 PM

Kev33
  • Kev33
    Banned

infratint lei?

I think highest specs for Infratint is 80% IR for front and back at $400

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:37 PM

Kev33
  • Kev33
    Banned

For Absolute tint I am sure they provide IR 95%, because previously I had about IR 60% solar film from the ex-owner and still can fill the heat when parked in open car park...but now with the 95%, I on aircon 1 minute the car cool liao. Somemore uphosltery all not so hot.

Posted 29 March 2010 - 08:51 PM

Accordboy
  • Accordboy
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

No offense to anyone, I always believe that if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys..
Tonydeath and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Obsession
  • Obsession
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

For Absolute tint I am sure they provide IR 95%, because previously I had about IR 60% solar film from the ex-owner and still can fill the heat when parked in open car park...but now with the 95%, I on aircon 1 minute the car cool liao. Somemore uphosltery all not so hot.

I'm considering doing my car with solar film from them or RikeCool.
Do Absolutetint has a IR meter to show that they can block 95% of IR?
Their specs seemed really good in terms of IRR, similar to 3M crystaline series.

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:06 PM

Caravan
  • Caravan
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What brand and where did you install? How much did you pay for the 99% one?

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:09 PM

Raybenz
  • Raybenz
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Ya I agree the big companies are too much a premium, $480 for IR 95% is definately good value

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:42 PM

Dafansu
  • Premium member
    Dafansu
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

infratint and tint inc same boss?

Posted 02 April 2010 - 07:27 PM

Leontan
  • Premium member
    Leontan
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i did mine at zen car for $300 only. It's their highest end solar film.

You can check out at www.zencar.com.sg

You can request for dark or darker film. [spec & price same]

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:08 PM

Yuan
  • Premium member
    Yuan
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Some of these solar films come together with the car as a package when you bought it.

It should last a while.
|1994|Legum Baccalaureus-Legum Magister|Financial Prudence|HDB|MedisaveApproveIntegratedPlan-Insurance|Manchester United FC|Genuine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Specifications-Parts-Accessories|Suzuki Swift GS|Mitsubishi Lancer CS 3|Volkswagen Golf MKVI|Audi A4B9|

Posted 02 April 2010 - 09:33 PM

GarySim
  • GarySim
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Thanks Kev33 for the recommendation, I just got my car tinted today at Absolute Tint and I am delighted by the quality and price of film they provided. haha you deserve a pat on the back bro biggrin.gif

Back to Accessories  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Ace Motorsports Pte Ltd

Ace Motorsports Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by YnaeswariAnbalagan  |  Neutral Newbie

Came in to acemotorsports told my prob for tbe headlight issue , very efficient ppl and helpful got it fixed with a nice work lo e their service👌🤘👍

Ace Motorsports Pte Ltd

Ace Motorsports Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by AmranWshc  |  Neutral Newbie

Best to discuss and performed car services problem in terms and satisfaction.Value for money and do things right to make customer appreciated.Friendly services make me more confident to comeback if needed.Great environtment and 24hrs services most comfort for me.
Thank You Ace Motorsport with 5 stars » Read More

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Solar Films & Tinting

Quick Reply

Tags: comparing, singapore, solar, film and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users