Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

What is the LTA standard? My front side window is 30% and back 70% 3M from Toyota. I believe this is the standard right?

Installing up to 95% is supposed to be illegal, right? How to get pass inspection? [confused]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Tinted films

The following requirements must be met when installing tinted films:

a) They must not be of the reflective type.

b) The resultant light transmittance for the front windscreen and two front side windows must be at least 70%.

c) The resultant light transmittance for the rear windscreen and the rear passenger windows must be at least 25%.

d) The front windscreen must not prevent, obstruct or interfere with the transmission of signals between the In-vehicle Unit (IU) and Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) facility.

I believe the 95% is not LTA approved and do at your own risk. right?

Neutral Newbie

Hello all!

Would like to ask if anyone of you here knows where to get DIY solar film for cars/passenger van? My father's driving Toyota Hiace passenger van and would like to do the filming himself. Any idea? Online offline shops?Thanks much.

• Praise 1

Wah! Price they quoted looks crazy to me! Mine done up @ only $140 after neg. doorstep installed, Brandless, passed LTA. Condition still good as new after 2 years.

Hi, any idea wats ur irr%?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I was previously in the solar film industry and from my opinion, the big guys have heavily marked up their prices.

Seems like Absolute Tint is doing a "Sheng Siong" on them. 1-up for the consumers!

Hi Dennis,

If you from the solar film industry before, then your opinion matters alot to people like me trying to decide which solar film to go with.

Please share some thoughts with us? Which do you personally use? Would you recommend Absolute Tint?

• Praise 1

my car get tinted with solar film when i bought it (free gift from AD) .

Now ,i want more darkness and thinking of getting another film (within LTA spec)

my concerns ... do i need to peel off old film for the new film or just double it?

well .. i m quite stone with solar film stuff ..

please kindly share if u r able to darken yr window to LTA specs.

Am on Rike cool but want to darken it further too, but of course within approval specs.

thanks

Neutral Newbie

Pls tell us the name of the shop which cheated you,because you can rescue us!!! i m going to install the solar film but it's so confusing...

• Praise 1