Comparing Singapore Solar Film Companies

Kev33

Thanks Kev33 for the recommendation, I just got my car tinted today at Absolute Tint and I am delighted by the quality and price of film they provided. haha you deserve a pat on the back bro :D

Guys Please dont go to ABsolute Tint, I installed with them last year and the tints already turn purple. I thought they were good but turn out cheats....Damn bloody scam

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

I found many other complaints about them in other forums faking their IR% also, alot say they sell a IR 70% as their 95% and dont dare put their films to a 3M IR Tester. Damn these cons...I'm bringing my matter up to CASE and hope and bros who might have dont there also do the same. We must bring down these cheaters!!! :angry:

:excl: ABSOLUTE TINT :excl:

Neutral Newbie

Should this be a Sticky topic??

Given most cars will be gearing up with Solar Film here in Singapore?

As mentioned, list out all the 'evil' shop cheating our hard-earned $$ for poor quality solar film that thet claim to have to 'save' those in here reading this important thread!!

• Praise 1

Did absolute tint sometime ago. Service initially wasnt too bad, place is conducive for installation of the tint. Comes with 5 yrs warranty. However a day after installation i found that they din clean the windscreen properly and there was a dirt+bubble combo on the windscreen. Texted the guy regarding this but to no avail. Guess it must be too troublesome for them to remove the dirt and i had to live with it.

Not sure if the IR rating is zhun or not but when driving in the sun i can still feel the heat especially when its shining on my arm on the driver side. I purchased the best IR rating they had.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Comes with 5 yrs warranty. However a day after installation i found that they din clean the windscreen properly and there was a dirt+bubble combo on the windscreen. Texted the guy regarding this but to no avail. Guess it must be too troublesome for them to remove the dirt and i had to live with it.

since it under warrenty, think u should get it change or goto do something about it soon.

Cause if not wrong when there is bubble spotted within e film, e life span of it may be shorten given that e air bubble may expand due to e weather (during a hot day).

Sorry if my explaination's not clear, maybe an expert here like to explain in greater details if too 'believe' & understand what I am referring about.

Go for 3m crystalline.

Its made several years ago, and only came to sg recently.

3M,

I just did mine 3M recently, previously Cool and Lite. The only good ones to me are 3M, V-Kool, and Huper.

I uses 3M, cause my previous car and house all on 3M and I trust DS Speciality workmanship

• Praise 1

3M,

I just did mine 3M recently, previously Cool and Lite. The only good ones to me are 3M, V-Kool, and Huper.

I uses 3M, cause my previous car and house all on 3M and I trust DS Speciality workmanship

Yah DS provides good service. Did mine with them a few months back. Some bubble on front windscreen and they just replace. No questions asked. Very detailed in removing previous film. Clean thoroughly, when applying, very careful. Even spotted a small hair and removed to ensure no bubbles. They quite straight talkers..overall good experience.

Had huberoptic ceramic 70 for my last ride, also very happy with the effect. Keep car cool on a hot day. Both brands are abit pricey though but I guess some things $$ equals quality. Not saying the other brands not good but these two brands I trust ;)

• Praise 1

you are right only these 3 brands are good and backed by their warranty. my last car I used v-kool top grade must cut a hole under the erp card because it block the signal. quite ex but damn good. on my long drive up north with my family under midday sun we can actually shiver in the aircon !!

just my 2 cents worth

• Praise 1

just to ask.. how do you know if the tint is confirm pass by LTA standards?

use eye power also cant guage fully for 2nd hand cars..

Edited by Mrmilktooth
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

i jsut did the absolute tint platimiun series

You still went ahead with the installation despite Garysim's complaint?

Arent you worried. Did you get assurance?

Thanks.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I found many other complaints about them in other forums faking their IR% also, alot say they sell a IR 70% as their 95% and dont dare put their films to a 3M IR Tester. Damn these cons...I'm bringing my matter up to CASE and hope and bros who might have dont there also do the same. We must bring down these cheaters!!! :angry:

:excl: ABSOLUTE TINT :excl:

Hi,

So what happened since then?

Did you manage to get them to rectify the prob?

Is your IRR actuall lower than stated?

Thanks.

I've done before infratint on my ex ride, and my current ride is on v-kool. I can say v-kool feels much better than infratint... i don't feel the heat in my current ride at all. both packages I got top of the line. of course price is almost 3 times at v-kool. i got vouchers for v-kool though, so got it slightly cheaper.

• Praise 1

I found many other complaints about them in other forums faking their IR% also, alot say they sell a IR 70% as their 95% and dont dare put their films to a 3M IR Tester. Damn these cons...I'm bringing my matter up to CASE and hope and bros who might have dont there also do the same. We must bring down these cheaters!!! angry.gif

excl.gif ABSOLUTE TINT excl.gif

Woah. Where and how to test for IR arh? I just install new solar film leh. I also scare kenna con!!!! [:(] [:(] [:(]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1