Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

Did you go for the Mito/Giuletta Talk at EA yesterday?

They do know things that outside workshops don't regarding these "newer" models.

Now whether they execute repairs at a good price or timeline is something else.

No. Couldn't make it. Anything important to share??
↡ Advertisement

No. Couldn't make it. Anything important to share??

Yes a lot of important things to share. but I wasn't there, I don't have the Mito or Giuletta.

Come join us for the month end meet up. would be great to meet the guys with Mitos and Giulettas.

Lesson no.1, do always keep the car in D mode, as you will pay when change your twin clutches, more often than not.

Yes a lot of important things to share. but I wasn't there, I don't have the Mito or Giuletta.

Come join us for the month end meet up. would be great to meet the guys with Mitos and Giulettas.

Lesson no.1, do always keep the car in D mode, as you will pay when change your twin clutches, more often than not.

that's interesting.... any reason behind it?

hope this is not taboo topic here. where do u guys usually frequent for service & support other than AD?

went once to PG, AS and recently GR.

last week still considering to go AD. This week I think I should

I presume you meant D is in drive mode and not dynamic in DNA drive mode right?

We were informed on last Saturday's event to put in N when stationary (if start/stop mode OFF) for long stops.

Will be good to hear different opinions.

I presume you meant D is in drive mode and not dynamic in DNA drive mode right?

We were informed on last Saturday's event to put in N when stationary (if start/stop mode OFF) for long stops.

Will be good to hear different opinions.

I meant D for Dynamic mode.

Might want to do foreign forum research on level of clutch engagement at standstill when in Dynamic mode.

Also, Briefly read through your manual, and ask questions here, at least there will be a foundation for the answer, its the best for all owners.

@jemig, cant figure out PG [:p], the later can guess. I've never been there though.

My s/s doesn't work currently and its been diagnosed at AD due to a/c open circuit error thats happening even after they reset.

No resolution except more cost for dianostics.. no firm fix is the reason i've not been able to resolve it.

Now how do they define stationary for a long time? how long is long? I need some more help on trying to fix the fault and see if it resolves the s/s malfunction though.

@saabretooth, i've gone through the manual like 3 times in the last month [laugh] , everytime some new discovery its back to the books again..

Butt feel tells me D gear change is a whole lot smoother compared to N for me. Gonna research on the topic. [thumbsup]

I've been mostly in N for daily drive as I'm still getting used to the car and trying to figure the fuel consumption.

(edited)

For me personally, I put on Dynamic mode and peddle shift most of the time. As I find the fuel consumption is not much difference from N mode. Beside that, I find under Natural mode, the car can be a bit sluggish. I get roughy 9.5| to 10.5 every 100km.

Edited by chenyll

I meant D for Dynamic mode.

Might want to do foreign forum research on level of clutch engagement at standstill when in Dynamic mode.

Also, Briefly read through your manual, and ask questions here, at least there will be a foundation for the answer, its the best for all owners.

I do visit AO every now and then and yes I did read upon driving in Dynamic.

I asked AD if driving in D will cause premature wear compared to N. They replied "a bit" :)

I don't own a Giuletta, but my friend who does replaced it twice as he wasn't aware than in Dynamic mode, the car is somewhat in a half clutch mode when at standstill. This is to give it the faster response expected.

But do that at slow traffic and you're just wasting your clutch money....

(edited)

I think like all machines, there will be wear and tear. Like your breaks and Clutch... certain parts, when it is worn off, you just have to change, it is meant to be that way. I think the dealer will be hard pressed to answer which parts will have ''premature'' wear and tear. it really depends, If i were to drive on Dynamic mode everyday, I won't be surprised that I have to change things like my breaks and clutch earlier than someone that is driving on Natural mode. 

Edited by chenyll

N mode is good for city driving, with plenty of stops n moving along... but it can be really challenging when its on highway when you see a gap and would like to fill up... thats where D comes in really good and zippy.

Will probably need be seeking more of your experiences on Sunday :)