Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

my qualms abt DSG is that it is too smooth, and the drive becomes less engaging. So in that case, the old sch manual is still the best (but my left leg is useless now... ) so selespeed is still the best in between for me. Please dont take away the selespeed.... (but i know they will...)

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

[bounce2]

Advertising for the Giulietta with Uma Thurman was released, it is visible on youtube.

Really nice.

Neutral Newbie

[bounce2]

Advertising for the Giulietta with Uma Thurman was released, it is visible on youtube.

Really nice.

They picked the right actress for the ad! [thumbsup]

By the time it reaches our shores and with the COE at this level, I would be paying S$140k for the Giuletta 1750 ! There goes my dream !

Is the Giuletta still the Alfa that we know of that's filled with soul and passion,

or is it just a rebadged Fiat Bravo with a different outlook???

don't get me wrong, for i do like an Alfa Romeo, especially the hatchbacks models,

however, i'm disappointed by most car reviews on the Giuletta 1.4T Multiaire 170bhp version,

where the reviewer puts this car as purely " Yet another VW Golf and Ford Focus rival" and no more the Alfa Romeo we know of....

there's no more flimsiness to the build quality, no more revvy nature of the engine and no more sporty tune associated with the Alfa badge....

is this really the end of Alfa, having made a loss in Yr2009???

Neutral Newbie

huh... can understand from the Alfa's passion and soul prospective. But is it suggusting that Fiat Bravo is less to be consider in comparsion or otherwise ? No hard feeling but just curious....

i really don't know at this point in time,

but Topgear reviewed this car, and even Fifthgear....

they say this car has lost it's Alfa meaning....no more soul or passion,

the interior still is stylish like an Italian,

but really the way they put it, seems to be like it's 'Yet another Golf rival', or an expensive Fiat Bravo....

Turbocharged

Have you actually driven the previous gen alfas to understand what's the soul and passion? Unless one have experience, one is unable to appreciate what is lost or changed.

The pre-fiat alfisti will complain about the post-fiat alfas, and the post-fiat alfisti will complain about the gm-ish alfas. It never stops.

Have you actually driven the previous gen alfas to understand what's the soul and passion? Unless one have experience, one is unable to appreciate what is lost or changed.

The pre-fiat alfisti will complain about the post-fiat alfas, and the post-fiat alfisti will complain about the gm-ish alfas. It never stops.

isn't the whole point of an Alfa- Soul and Passion, with Italian design???

that Soul and Passion thing, is what the Giuletta lacks so say in reviews....

Turbocharged

isn't the whole point of an Alfa- Soul and Passion, with Italian design???

that Soul and Passion thing, is what the Giuletta lacks so say in reviews....

As I was saying, what the "soul and passion" that you're referring to. Do you even comprehend what the reviewer mean by "soul and passion"? Have you driven alfas to understand the "soul and passion"?

the car you choose is a very personal thing. When i got my alfa 159, i didnt care about what others say about the passion or soul or lack of... i like it, i buy it. The car beckons to me the moment i saw it.

Now, i do find the car soulful and passionate. But thats only to me. The senior alfisti may just chuckle and shrug me off. Car reviewers ultimately are giving their subjective stand, so why bother with it? Just take it as reference, and decide for yourself.

Dont be so 'textbook' and take others' words as your own.

a car having Soul and Passion, is what an Alfa to me should be like....

you don't get those Germanic boring mundane looks (i'm not saying rivals from BMW and Mercedes don't have style), but it's really a different kind of style thanks to different cultures....

from an Alfa, you can see the designer putting his flair and passion into designing the car....

and the Soul comes from the character of the engine....

the sporty engine, mated to sporty exhaust, high revving in nature, a perfect combination of what an Italian car should be,

but sadly the Giuletta is not like your 159....it looks like an insect that'll scare away children, and is definitely not a sporty drive....

reviewers are anxiously waiting for the Cloverleaf 235bhp version to break cover....

a car having Soul and Passion, is what an Alfa to me should be like....

you don't get those Germanic boring mundane looks (i'm not saying rivals from BMW and Mercedes don't have style), but it's really a different kind of style thanks to different cultures....

from an Alfa, you can see the designer putting his flair and passion into designing the car....

and the Soul comes from the character of the engine....

the sporty engine, mated to sporty exhaust, high revving in nature, a perfect combination of what an Italian car should be,

but sadly the Giuletta is not like your 159....it looks like an insect that'll scare away children, and is definitely not a sporty drive....

reviewers are anxiously waiting for the Cloverleaf 235bhp version to break cover....

As much as I would like to disagree with you, I feel the same way. People who know me, knows that I love my Alfa as much as I love myself. I will never buy any car except Alfa. But it seem to me the current Alfa coming out of the factory is lacking some passion and soul. The 156 is revolutory. The design of the rear hidden door is out of the world. The pedel shift that u cannot only find in the F355.

What can I say about the twinspark and the V6 chrome intake pipe. It makes a grown up man like me young again.

The 159 has somewhat grown abit. More German with good build quality. The engine still makes fantastic sound from the JTS (I do prefer the older engine). The design of the headlamp, the rear brake light cluster still makes me take a second look.

For the mito, I don't find any. It does not speak to me or seduce me like the other Alfa. Interior is bit to plastic and the DNA, what is Alfa trying to do?

As for the new car, I will hold my comment till it is hear.

I love Alfa.

↡ Advertisement