Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

Guys, I'm planning to change my VW golf 1.4tsi to Giulietta 1.4 (which I just found used car in sgcarmart), good deal? Because this golf giving me too much trouble. Giulietta so far any issue?

From the frying pan into the fire?

there are few documented issues.

I'm guessing your main issue with the VW golf is with the gearbox? and Charge Pipes?

And its possible that you tuned it a "little bit"?

With the G, its also a twin clutch, and it will require the same level of maintenance, but probably less issues than your VW.

The rest of the car is a breeze, but with any modern car, or any car for that matter, short of an Altis, you'll be required to do preventive maintenance. 

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

I got a used G 3 years old and have been driving it for a year now. Has 76k miles on it so far and other than the usual wear and tear parts which i replaced (timing belt, engine mounts, brake disc/pads, etc) she has not given me any probs.

I have to say it a better car than the 147 which i used to drive. Looking fwd to seeing another G on the road!

• Praise 1

Laibk - wise choice to switch to AR. Looking forward for another G on the road. Problems for me so far is none. As far as car review, it's one of the most reliable AR u can find. So no worries ya

Teddyb - aircon flap only yours got problems Leh.. Anyhow only haha!

@82Laibk, servicing intervals are advised at 7k.. i understand from my vw kaki his is between 10-15k as advised by agents?

@gappinggap, read backwards [laugh] im not alone, quite a couple. mech found out why there's still outside air coming in... apparently last person who tried to fix it used those black paper clip/clamp to "fix" which still has free play.

Edited by Teddyb

Neutral Newbie

I am having this issue too! -aircon recirc problem. Have yet to get mine fixed. Maintenance wise can't comment yet. Just had it for over 3 months. So far so good.

Just follow the schedule for maintenance you see on SG agent's website. Don't have to go back to agent.

Hi Gappinggap, thanks for your advise, just to check, normal maintenance for Giullietta roughly how much? Anything that I need to take note?

I only know AR G is very good car, but I afraid got a lot of maintenance as well... Please guide me and brief me more... Thanks a lot.

Haha! I cannot guide la bro.. U got to test drive to see if u like it a not? But once u drive it, U cannot stop

Just wondering...GQV has 237HP, weighs 1310 kg, 0-100 kph 6.6s

Golf GTI has 217HP, weighs 1370 kg, 0-100 kph 6.5s

A250 has 208HP, weighs 1465 kg, 0-100 kph 6.6s

Cooper S has 189HP, weighs 1315 kg, 0-100 kph 6.8s

One would think that GQV should have faster time...Is it because TCT has slower gear shift?

BHP sells cars. 

Torque sells driving pleasure

And 

Theres no replacement for displacement.

• Praise 1

Is it me? Driving in Dyanmics has better FC then Natural...

Actually, this has bothered me quite a bit too. It seems that accelerating faster consumes less fuel. Read a theory that because it takes you to the desired speed quicker, you start cruising earlier. Acceleration is the most fuel consuming.

my feeling is D mode clutch bites harder and more immediate so less slipping...also i don't always stomp on the accelerator, i can still feather the accelerator to get to the cruising speed earlier...

eh...i am still on my first full tank....but based on projection, will be around 460 km for now. hopefully it will improve to at least 500 km. i m driving urban 80% of time.

eh...i am still on my first full tank....but based on projection, will be around 460 km for now. hopefully it will improve to at least 500 km. i m driving urban 80% of time.

Boss - u don't have temptation to drive it? I get the feeling everytime I parked it, "drive me".

i do...but traffic heavy lah...from traffic light to light...no point also...need NSHW...

its been any excuses to drive lately I've been game since jumping on AR... [laugh] need to practice self control.

↡ Advertisement