Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

Wow, how old is ur ride and always parked under the sun? Can it be sticked back or have to redo the leather?

Registered 07/2012. I'm 2nd owner. Sheltered car park. 1st owner address sounds like condo.

Checked with EA and was told it's factory fitted. Not an isolated case, coz I'm not the first.

Later batches locally fit so I bet it's tropicalized and much better.

Will be going to Jackspeed for assessment.

↡ Advertisement

Registered 07/2012. I'm 2nd owner. Sheltered car park. 1st owner address sounds like condo.

Checked with EA and was told it's factory fitted. Not an isolated case, coz I'm not the first.

Ic. Good luck bro!

Thanks for highlighting it. I just checked my car (2012) and the door panels are coming are coming off too.

Any idea how much it would cost to reupoloster the whole car, in leather?

Thanks

Is EA going to cover this quality issue?

To be honest, I wouldn't expect any dealer to cover such imperfections, especially with an Alfa. After only five years, it is poor quality.

But as others have said our climate here reeks havok with cars not built for the heat.

Have you been in a 10 year old Civic recently? The entire roof is falling off.

EA are as stingy as hell, unless you buy a Zonda, they look down on you. Even warranty items, you have to fight like hell to get them to do anything.

The build quality of Alfa's has improved dramatically, but they are still way off the Germans. My handbrake lever is almost comical the way it wobbles.

Yet there is such happiness in driving it, looking at the design that went into the dashboard and seats for example. I love them.

I love looking at 159's, so cool, though it can't be Long till they disappear. Giulietta' are so rare...

maybe the Giulia will change things, but the bad ass version will be such a pleasure to listen too!!

• Praise 1

I believe they should cover it under warranty. I don't classify this under wear and tear. Creaks and rattles everywhere. Still can't solve my seat's creak.

Have no idea cost to re-leather the whole car. Over a k definitely depending on type of leather.

@wingaba, ive seen those mk6 jetta before the G, and their door panels are in bad shape from the disintegration of the sponge between leather & panels.

@jemig, hope its not the same on the Alfa? They should be able to re-glue them but it wont be the same i guess? A whole upholstery redo (less seats) will still cost quite a fair bit!

Also i wont classify it as a wear n tear issue, its more like lack of quality assurance for their work.

Neutral Newbie

hi, need some advice. am thinking of getting a 2nd hand G QV. would like to find out more is there any other workshop other than the EA for after warranty issue. The car is 1 year old. is there anything i should look out for.

hi, need some advice. am thinking of getting a 2nd hand G QV. would like to find out more is there any other workshop other than the EA for after warranty issue. The car is 1 year old. is there anything i should look out for.

Hi, are you looking at the one and only red GQV on carmart? Not to worry bro, there is a couple of Alfa work shop around. There is Alfa Sportivo whereby the God of Alfa aka Peter is there, Alfa city but rather for classic Alfa, garage republic whereby Dexter is there and always a helpful and honest man... Don't think too much, grab and go, take good care of her and she will warn you before any bad things will happen. Hope that you will join the Alfa family soon....

Neutral Newbie

Hi, are you looking at the one and only red GQV on carmart? Not to worry bro, there is a couple of Alfa work shop around. There is Alfa Sportivo whereby the God of Alfa aka Peter is there, Alfa city but rather for classic Alfa, garage republic whereby Dexter is there and always a helpful and honest man... Don't think too much, grab and go, take good care of her and she will warn you before any bad things will happen. Hope that you will join the Alfa family soon....

yes bro. seems like a good buy. thanks for the advice.

Oh ya... You were asking anything to look out for.. Frankly nothing... It's the new generation Alfa, so doesn't have the usual Alfa problem.... So if u are worried about reliability and have this question in your mind. Is Alfa reliable?

Don't.... Cause when you marry your Wife, you love her and not thinking if she's reliable... Cheers!!

Neutral Newbie

Oh ya... You were asking anything to look out for.. Frankly nothing... It's the new generation Alfa, so doesn't have the usual Alfa problem.... So if u are worried about reliability and have this question in your mind. Is Alfa reliable?

Don't.... Cause when you marry your Wife, you love her and not thinking if she's reliable... Cheers!!

Haha...true that. Btw dealer said the car comes with 5 year warranty but at EA current is 3. Can anyone verify.

Neutral Newbie

hi, i have officially joined the AF family with my Q GV. just gotten the ride today and loved the feel.

cheers

Abercrombie and Fitch bro? Congrats!!!!

Welcome to the pit

Well done! You'll have lots of fun with her.

Slightly off topic... What are everyones thoughts on a reasonable price for a 2012 Giulietta? A friend is looking to sell, but dealers are afraid as there is no real market price? 

Last year, I think a couple went in the 90k range.

Thanks

↡ Advertisement