Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

hi, i have officially joined the AF family with my Q GV. just gotten the ride today and loved the feel.

cheers

Hi Ivan! Welcome to the family..... Drive with passion, take care of her and she will take care of you.. Let me introduce you to the Alfa Romeo family and G community.... We are a lovely bunch of people who care and share.... U fix a date, time and location. Let's meet and exchange...
↡ Advertisement

hi, i have officially joined the AF family with my Q GV. just gotten the ride today and loved the feel.

cheers

AR not AF.

GQV not Q GV.

But nevermind.. Haha

Edited by Theoldjaffa

Neutral Newbie

Hey guys,

just checking if anyone has had boot release problems on your G so far? My rear boot release button (rear badge) stopped working today.

I can still open the boot using the key but that means I have to turn off the engine first. Has anyone encountered this before and know where to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Ky

Hey guys,

just checking if anyone has had boot release problems on your G so far? My rear boot release button (rear badge) stopped working today.

I can still open the boot using the key but that means I have to turn off the engine first. Has anyone encountered this before and know where to get it fixed?

Thanks in advance.

Ky

So far no G has this issue i Guess. It's the switch mechanism issue. Small issue, online can order cheaper Bro for the entire switch... If want to repair, EA or Alfa Sportivo or GR?? Can try them out call in and ask for the price first

Neutral Newbie

Hey man, thanks for the reply. Ok will give them a call see whether they can fix it or do I have to replace the whole thing.

Cheers.

Welcome!!!! Your journey has only just begun...

its a time to step up.... or slowly slither out...

btw, highly encourage you to look for that thing we call a car manual.

a lot of the questions you're asking, or would be asking very soon... are in there...

Then there are those where many here have real life experiences and solutions... that we can help :D other than that... the Manual is like your holy book.. .follow it....

Ask about it if you don't understand... and you might even teach an old Serpent new tricks too....

AR not AF.

GQV not Q GV.

But nevermind.. Haha

lol.......must be more welcoming :) 

cheers

Wah .....awesome ...welcome!!

I was looking at that QV too !

Good buy I must say

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

anyone got experience tuning their G?  can share the exp here and how much gains for stage 1 ecu remap and maybe decat 

anyone got experience tuning their G? can share the exp here and how much gains for stage 1 ecu remap and maybe decat

For GQV or the entry level 1.4? If for 1.4 heard before of spider tuning, price at $888. Bhp from 168 to about 200 and torque also increase but not too sure of the exact.... My take - keep it stock be it the GQV or 1.4, they are good enough at where they are at currently

Neutral Newbie

havent actually gotten it yet, but seriously considering among the hot hatches, golf 1.4, roc 1.4, gqv, (anything else?). 

my main concern now that is holding me back is probably the reliability, followed by the resale value. any bros here mind sharing some wisdom, many thanks in advance!

anyone got experience tuning their G? can share the exp here and how much gains for stage 1 ecu remap and maybe decat

All these are VAG stuff. You'll be happier with a VW I feel.

havent actually gotten it yet, but seriously considering among the hot hatches, golf 1.4, roc 1.4, gqv, (anything else?).

my main concern now that is holding me back is probably the reliability, followed by the resale value. any bros here mind sharing some wisdom, many thanks in advance!

If reliability is the issue u are confronted with when owning an Alfa, she doesnt suit you. If u are married, do you love your Wife/ Husband or u think that he/she is reliable or u married? Think about it. Owning an Alfa is in fact a particular way of living an automobile... It's not just a tool for daily transport or a car u can chuck aside after you park it. It must be cared for.

Dun need to preach la.

He has a valid concern about reliability since Alfa is (in)famous for it.

An Alfa is just another car.

Hello... from the other side.

OJ has gone over to the dark side. Lol

• Praise 1

Majority Alfa owners buy the car using heart and not brain... tat's y we are branded as the crazy ones, hehe...

↡ Advertisement