Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

The thing that I am talking about is that it must all be relative to current standards. By current standards, and looking at competitors within the same price range, I would say the Mito is indeed outstanding. If you want to compare with the Polo, then it is even clearer than the Mito is way sportier.

Why don't you put your money where your mouth (opinion) is? Imagine you are looking to buy a super small hatch. Now shortlist those that fall within the price range of a Mito. Next, go and test drive and check each one out, including the Mito. And tell us if the Alfa brand is really as diluted as you seem to think it is.

Those who have read some of my other posts will know that I have been looking to change my car and hence have been somewhat of a test drive slut. Due to financial constraints, this plan has been shelved. But I have been approaching this issue with dead seriousness and thus far, I have been most impressed with the Mito. But it is too expensive. Have to make do with prob a SSS when my finances get better.

SSS should handle better and just as fast. However, Mito looks a class on its own. check out the comparison with the mini here-

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Ah, I saw this post in True Alfisti. Like I said earlier lor, one must experience before one knows what is lost.

Like the chap, his point of reference are the pre-fiat Alfas; and maybe even for the more seasoned reviewers out there.

But for people new to the car market, or who have never driven an Alfa before what's their point of reference to the "passion and soul" except against competing cars on the market.

"exhaust note, easy revving. sharp handling". Sure, nice description from reviews, but keyboard warriros should really go out to try an Alfa and compare it to it's peers before commenting.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

No soul and passion.....i just got bitten by serpent....Twice! lol.

Edited by DelleIII

put it this way....

the new Alfa's (from the 159 onwards)

don't even attract me and make me go wow....

that's how bad new Alfa's are to me....

the new Alfa's don't really catch my attention....

however, seeing an old Alfa (pre 2000) really does make my day....

Alfa%20Romeo%20155.jpg

370.jpg

2004-alpha-romeo-spider_460x0w.jpg

1959-alfa-romeo-veloce-spider.jpg

notice how pure and sincere the car is looking at you???

something which new Alfa's of late just fail to have or leave with you....

Then what other current cars out there interest you or even look as beautiful as the current alfa 159?

3 series? c class? A4? Teana? Carmy?

My dad drives a Merc. Nice comfortable car, reliable but boring to drive.

But when we went to test drive the alfa, my whole family was bitten by the serpent.

This is the thing about some cars. The Alfa 159 do have some Character. It makes you want to drive the car more. And the looks. even my old fashion dad also feels that it look nice.

And please dont talk about the BMW 320. underpower and average car. Yes it's handling is good. But it doesn't excite me or thrill me as much as the 159 did.

And even if i was to chose between the BMW 320 or the Teana 2.5, I will gladly choose the Teana. Overall package is better even if the teana is a very ah pek car.

Don't bindly make your comments when you have never driven the car before.

My 2 cents worth.

Then what other current cars out there interest you or even look as beautiful as the current alfa 159?

3 series? c class? A4? Teana? Carmy?

My dad drives a Merc. Nice comfortable car, reliable but boring to drive.

But when we went to test drive the alfa, my whole family was bitten by the serpent.

This is the thing about some cars. The Alfa 159 do have some Character. It makes you want to drive the car more. And the looks. even my old fashion dad also feels that it look nice.

And please dont talk about the BMW 320. underpower and average car. Yes it's handling is good. But it doesn't excite me or thrill me as much as the 159 did.

And even if i was to chose between the BMW 320 or the Teana 2.5, I will gladly choose the Teana. Overall package is better even if the teana is a very ah pek car.

Don't bindly make your comments when you have never driven the car before.

My 2 cents worth.

hmm..... i think after reading a few of his posts.. you know he is just loves to read everything like textbooks. What the so called 'experts' say, he concur. yawn...

What is a true alfa? i dont know. All i know is the 159 is one darn sexy car. nuff said.

It is alwys nice to be the first car on the stop line of a busy crossing. You see so many curious eyes on the car, girls askg the boys what car it is, or boys mouthing 'alfa romeo'. Does ppl do that to a 3series or Audi? prob Audi coz of the DRL..

Alfa cost must lesser but def gets a lot more attn. That is priceless.

Ah, I saw this post in True Alfisti. Like I said earlier lor, one must experience before one knows what is lost.

Like the chap, his point of reference are the pre-fiat Alfas; and maybe even for the more seasoned reviewers out there.

But for people new to the car market, or who have never driven an Alfa before what's their point of reference to the "passion and soul" except against competing cars on the market.

"exhaust note, easy revving. sharp handling". Sure, nice description from reviews, but keyboard warriros should really go out to try an Alfa and compare it to it's peers before commenting.

actually that joker say so much then in the end still buy 159. and i particularly paid attention to the fact he said after testing the germans, only the 159 won't make him fall asleep, although he feels sleepy. so it does say a lot about the competition that if you want a sporty, exciting car now, the choice is obvious.

actually that joker say so much then in the end still buy 159. and i particularly paid attention to the fact he said after testing the germans, only the 159 won't make him fall asleep, although he feels sleepy. so it does say a lot about the competition that if you want a sporty, exciting car now, the choice is obvious.

alfa so jerky.. how to slp?

alfa so jerky.. how to slp?

haha i think he was referring to maybe engine sound or his left foot too relax.

haha i think he was referring to maybe engine sound or his left foot too relax.

when i test drove the A4.. i tot it was so similar to my cerato... not very exciting...

Neutral Newbie

I thought he don't own an alfa?

The keyboard hero who got his info from internet/magazines/friend's neighbour's dog etc

I wonder how he knows what 'passion and soul' is if he has never been there. :D

alot of keyboard warriors ard lar.

hmm..... i think after reading a few of his posts.. you know he is just loves to read everything like textbooks. What the so called 'experts' say, he concur. yawn...

What is a true alfa? i dont know. All i know is the 159 is one darn sexy car. nuff said.

It is alwys nice to be the first car on the stop line of a busy crossing. You see so many curious eyes on the car, girls askg the boys what car it is, or boys mouthing 'alfa romeo'. Does ppl do that to a 3series or Audi? prob Audi coz of the DRL..

Alfa cost must lesser but def gets a lot more attn. That is priceless.

lol anyway i already know all about mr "google boy" and his credibility. Just feeling bored and rebuk him only.

Driving a alfa got its perks and cons. Like what you say, people will give you a second glance everynow and then. People take notice that you are driving a somehow very unique car that is different from the other usual makes.

However being said that, I have been told by alot of people that I am driving a "playboy car" [bigcry]

There goes my reputation. [smallcry]

huh.. until now Alfa still playboy car meh?

i tot SLK looks more like the part... hehe. We drive the poor men's ferrari leh.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Felipe referring to the post in True Alfisti, not the threadstarter.

One is an Alfa old-timer; the other is... well... think you can derive from this thread.

Edited by Etnt