Alfa Romeo Giulietta

Zac

I guess he knows not to mess around with the Alfa Owner .....

Well, everyone has his point of view. This is a forum anyway. Take it with a BIG pinch of salt (if you know who is commenting it [laugh] )

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Anyway I find nothing wrong with a Fiat leh, though the thread title appears to give it a negative connotation.

Admittedly I haven't driven a Bravo before but owned the Grande Punto for 2yrs. Besides the overly light, non communicative steering, it's a decent drive. The puny 8v fire engine juz begs to be revved.

At least we shld be glad the owner Fiat is italian. they own Ferrari, (lancia too?) and im sure the mgmt has the italian integrity to keep things as true to the italian way of making cars as possible (but not necc the Alfa way). Look at all the italian makes, how bad can they possibly be? Every brand so far stirs your blood, and i tot the bravo is really a pretty car. If a company is struggling to sell cars, any mgmt will have no choice but to do some tweaking to the biz. Alfa is not like ferrari where ppl drool all over. Even if Ferrari has unreliability issues, the rich will still queue up to get their hands on it. But Alfa is a mass mkt car.. and ppl of this sector typically cant live with these perceived reliability problems (which actually i tot the 159 is quite a hassle free car to keep, except for some goblins that appears here and there).

As long as Alfa doesnt get sold to Chery or any Japanese company, it should be fine. (they prob wont buy anyway)

If I remember correctly, Fiat owns Lancia, horsey, scorpion, serpent and trident

wow.. no bull though.. but look at the line up.. gimme any of those anytime.

wow.. no bull though.. but look at the line up.. gimme any of those anytime.

Horse I think out of my reach in this lifetime... Trident though... [;)]

Turbocharged

Yo, doing great. Still using 9k 5w40, oil consumption about 1/3 qt in 10k, consider quite ok for twinsparky. How's ur stilo?

Neutral Newbie

Yo, doing great. Still using 9k 5w40, oil consumption about 1/3 qt in 10k, consider quite ok for twinsparky. How's ur stilo?

Thats quite good! I'm still monitoring oil consumption...will be using 9k w40 oils next...best oils for preventing oil consumption.

I'm still getting the hang of the 'sillyspeed' haha and i broke my paddle shifts...so trying to fix them back :D

Turbocharged

Actually for 9k 5w40 the consumption only started abt 9000km onwards. I suspected the oil started breaking down then, prior to that I was amazed with no consumption even after a run with AROC.

Haha, I never use the paddles, think I'm one of the oddballs who uses the stick, too used to the GP's lack of paddles. So much so that when driving a rental Mz5 in the states, I was resting my hand on the stick and wifey ended up laughing at me for doing that on an auto.

However being said that, I have been told by alot of people that I am driving a "playboy car" [bigcry]

There goes my reputation. [smallcry]

the playboy thingy was more for the older gen. bmw is more the playboy car. all the alfa playboys grow old alrdy. nowadays, those who buy alfa are considered the crazy ones.

Neutral Newbie

hmm..... i think after reading a few of his posts.. you know he is just loves to read everything like textbooks. What the so called 'experts' say, he concur. yawn...

What is a true alfa? i dont know. All i know is the 159 is one darn sexy car. nuff said.

It is alwys nice to be the first car on the stop line of a busy crossing. You see so many curious eyes on the car, girls askg the boys what car it is, or boys mouthing 'alfa romeo'. Does ppl do that to a 3series or Audi? prob Audi coz of the DRL..

Alfa cost must lesser but def gets a lot more attn. That is priceless.

I second Chrispie's comment. Just a few weeks back when I was driving along Orchard Road, I was the first car at the red light. While waiting for it to turn green, I noticed a pedestrian (stopped in the middle of the road) with his camera snapping away in my direction. After he took his pictures, he realised I was looking at him and quickly scuffled to the other side of the street, looking a bit paiseh. In my mind I was thinking: This has to be one of the reasons why I bought an Alfa. haha

At least we shld be glad the owner Fiat is italian. they own Ferrari, (lancia too?) and im sure the mgmt has the italian integrity to keep things as true to the italian way of making cars as possible (but not necc the Alfa way). Look at all the italian makes, how bad can they possibly be? Every brand so far stirs your blood, and i tot the bravo is really a pretty car. If a company is struggling to sell cars, any mgmt will have no choice but to do some tweaking to the biz. Alfa is not like ferrari where ppl drool all over. Even if Ferrari has unreliability issues, the rich will still queue up to get their hands on it. But Alfa is a mass mkt car.. and ppl of this sector typically cant live with these perceived reliability problems (which actually i tot the 159 is quite a hassle free car to keep, except for some goblins that appears here and there).

As long as Alfa doesnt get sold to Chery or any Japanese company, it should be fine. (they prob wont buy anyway)

add maserati to the list too. italian cars have their own character, like germans or japs have theirs. so usually its of a revvy nature and the drive can be a bit on the wild side. even the puny Fiat Panda was so much fun to drive, zippy through the city streets and now we got the Fiat 500, plenty of character, but too bad, dealers can't sell Fiat at high prices here.

159, like all italian cars, has the usual goblins, but it's the goblins that put the mass market away. That's why the mass market only prefers germans or japs, where it's build to perfection. Italian cars are build for art, and as we know, imperfections are part of it. My GT gives me the odd rattle and it's something i always forgive when i drive it. But for a Lexus type of owner, they'll say the car is damn lousy. that's why italian cars are for ppl with certain taste, maybe like those who like things hot and wild but give problems, like a hot mistress with temperament. but at least for the alfisti, that's all they care about.

I second Chrispie's comment. Just a few weeks back when I was driving along Orchard Road, I was the first car at the red light. While waiting for it to turn green, I noticed a pedestrian (stopped in the middle of the road) with his camera snapping away in my direction. After he took his pictures, he realised I was looking at him and quickly scuffled to the other side of the street, looking a bit paiseh. In my mind I was thinking: This has to be one of the reasons why I bought an Alfa. haha

yea, me too. was at a hotel carpark once and there was this indian tourist who took out her camera and snap. not bad for a car cheaper than 320.

Neutral Newbie

add maserati to the list too. italian cars have their own character, like germans or japs have theirs. so usually its of a revvy nature and the drive can be a bit on the wild side. even the puny Fiat Panda was so much fun to drive, zippy through the city streets and now we got the Fiat 500, plenty of character, but too bad, dealers can't sell Fiat at high prices here.

159, like all italian cars, has the usual goblins, but it's the goblins that put the mass market away. That's why the mass market only prefers germans or japs, where it's build to perfection. Italian cars are build for art, and as we know, imperfections are part of it. My GT gives me the odd rattle and it's something i always forgive when i drive it. But for a Lexus type of owner, they'll say the car is damn lousy. that's why italian cars are for ppl with certain taste, maybe like those who like things hot and wild but give problems, like a hot mistress with temperament. but at least for the alfisti, that's all they care about.

Maybe I'm fortunate, but touch wood, I have been driving my MiTo for almost 3 months and so far there has been no glitches/problems with her at all.

↡ Advertisement