Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
219 replies to this topic | 483 praises

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:23 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone went on those Hainan Island 5D4N tour package(land package) that cost around SGD198 per person? The condition of hotel is what I need more info on. I know locally run chinese hotel give you best value for money but Hainan Island is a new place to me and my friend bringing the wife along too. So want to be double sure. biggrin.gif

Posted 05 April 2010 - 09:44 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone went on those Hainan Island 5D4N tour package(land package) that cost around SGD198 per person? The condition of hotel is what I need more info on. I know locally run chinese hotel give you best value for money but Hainan Island is a new place to me and my friend bringing the wife along too. So want to be double sure. biggrin.gif

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Be very careful. Seems like a tourist trap.

just my hunch. happy.gif
I think, therefore I am.
I think so, therefore I erm...

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:02 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Cannot be.......

I booked TigerAir for Hainan Island (Free & Easy) for end Nov 2010 and per person is already $148/- (both ways). This does not include hotel stays. The air ticket include airport tax.

How they did it with hotel ?? ph34r.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:07 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

its true...the package is offer by quite a few of reputated agents here...but then like what you thinking...the price is rather on the low side...however locally run chinese hotel that cost something like RMB400 per nite were in fact quite good already...but then it is a place I have yet to go before...so checking out with any bros here whom have went before to be double safe.... biggrin.gif

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:10 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

hee hee....SGD 198 is land package only lar....not including air ticket lar bro...I book tiger ex-sin on 28th Apr at SGD232 per pax...

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:13 AM

Ccjna
  • Ccjna
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I suggest tat u dun go cos my PIL, SIL n etc just came back a few mths ago n complained tat there r nt much things to see. Not fun at all..Luckily, we didn't go. biggrin.gif

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:14 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

its true...the package is offer by quite a few of reputated agents here...but then like what you thinking...the price is rather on the low side...however locally run chinese hotel that cost something like RMB400 per nite were in fact quite good already...but then it is a place I have yet to go before...so checking out with any bros here whom have went before to be double safe.... biggrin.gif

Well, I have not been on such a package but I can foresee afew things:

1) Most things are cost optional (If you op out, then you are wasting time waiting for the others, might as well go free and easy)
2) Meals are only fit for Ethopians (If have to top up for additional food, which are the main attraction, by the way)
3) Tour guide keep pestering for tips
4) 'Designated Shopping' bringing you to 'shops' in the middle of nowhere and buy exhorbitantly expensive stuffs.
5) Cost options rides, shows, entrance fee etc etc etc (If you op out, also waste time)

Such trips are a general waste of time.

The whole idea of getting a package tour is that the operators knows what to see, eat or shop at the foreign destination. The concept of everything being cost option is just plain stupid and inmoral.
I think, therefore I am.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:17 AM

Picnic06-Biante15
  • Premium member
    Picnic06-Biante15
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hee hee....SGD 198 is land package only lar....not including air ticket lar bro...I book tiger ex-sin on 28th Apr at SGD232 per pax...

Well........... I'm going back to my ancestor place and pay respect also. Lost touch with them since my father passed away and recently (2 wks ago), they (my cousin) came over to SG and look for me. cool.gif

Had not been there and heard a lot of nice places to visit especially Hai Kou and a huge Goddess of Mercy statue.

Maybe after you come back and post some pictures here ........ wave.gif wave.gif

"Genius is One Per Cent INSPIRATION, Ninety-nine Per Cent PERSPIRATION"

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:26 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Well........... I'm going back to my ancestor place and pay respect also. Lost touch with them since my father passed away and recently (2 wks ago), they (my cousin) came over to SG and look for me. cool.gif

Had not been there and heard a lot of nice places to visit especially Hai Kou and a huge Goddess of Mercy statue.

Maybe after you come back and post some pictures here ........ wave.gif wave.gif

for china, i rather go free n easy. just make sure your bookings are done properly.

its so easy to research online and they speak chinese too.
I think, therefore I am.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:29 AM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My PRC friends told me that Hainan is not worth the visit. It is hot just like SG or Sentosa for that matter.

Spend money on a good resort on the island.
Men are like oysters, closed to suffering.
http://www.spritmoni...ail/264162.html

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:34 AM

The_Bear
  • Premium member
    The_Bear
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My PRC friends told me that Hainan is not worth the visit. It is hot just like SG or Sentosa for that matter.

Spend money on a good resort on the island.

sometimes, i wunder at the logic of singaporeans travelling to hainan, hawaii, maldives or mauritius for tropical island resort wehn we are living right in the middle of the some of the best beaches in the world.
Silver_blade praised this
I think, therefore I am.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:36 AM

Coder
  • Coder
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

TS wave.gif , share some of my experience.

went Sanya 3 years ago, take note of followings

1. local taxi will offer u to 海鲜一条街, just turn them down without 2nd though! those restaurants are very expensive and food are no good knife.gif . taxi collect commission for every place they bring u to.

2. when selecting hotel, better go for the one near town. because, there are no public transport between town and hotel night time. taxi is the only option and travel back to hotel is very expensive (no metering charge).

3. if u din out, goto town area look for those restaurant for local. they are cheap and nice thumbsup.gif compared to Canton, Hainan do not have many restaurants.

4. be prepare, admin ticket for attraction (海角天崖) is quite expensive, very similar to sentosa. in Sanya, beach is very nice and long long stretch, but underdeveloped. very good for people like sand, sea and sun biggrin.gif .

FYI, it was a bad experience for me, there are better option elsewhere
Dleodleo praised this

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:43 AM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hence the recommendation of a good resort.

There are a couple on Hainan. Walk straight up to the beach. I don't know why people want to go inland of Hainan unless there is more to offer.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 10:45 AM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

On Sanya itself, the best resort on it is the Marriott Resort and Spa.

I don't know why but Marriott seems to set up the best beach resorts on the best beaches. Can't say the same for their hotels in the city.

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:13 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

the options that need extra are all listed in the iti...i don't really look forward to them giving me the best food lar....the reason why I am taking a package this time round is that I do not want to do any planning for this trip lor...I am looking at the typical hop on...hop off sight seeing trip lor...ha ha ha...sometime too much of "chong your own trip"...a bit sian liao...I am prepare myself for the worst....Just want to make sure the bed I am sleeping is clean and comfortable...ha ha ha

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:14 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

no choice liao leh...flight book liao... biggrin.gif

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:16 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

my condolence to you ...sure will post something here when I am back for all to reference...

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:17 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

wow....seem all negative comments !!! ha ha ha

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Seaweed
  • Seaweed
    Supercharged
    Author Image

ya....hotel in town...that's precisely what I wanted to find out as well other than the condition of the hotel...no point putting us in a "5 star" hotel out of nowhere...... biggrin.gif .....seem that i make a wrong move....nevermind.....will give it a shoot and update you guys when I am back...

Posted 05 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Genie47
  • Genie47
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

All those PRC guys I worked with gave pretty scathing reviews of Hainan.

They do like the resorts on the island most notably the Marriott Resort and Spa at Sanya but other than that, they said the lack of infrastructure on Hainan is exploited by the locals upon tourists.

The exploitation is not covert like you see in Phuket or Koh Samui. It is overt and this makes the PRC guys boil. All-in-all, they do think it is a nice tropical island by Chinese standards but the exploitation is what makes it bad.

Back to Travel & Road Trips  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Also tagged with these keywords: Hainan , Island , Tour

Tags: Hainan, Island, Tour

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users