Hainan Island Tour

Seaweed

wah ahhahaha...

Btw how do hainanese girls look? I mean are they the pretty n sweet n slim kind like those in viet

I've neber been there, so dun know how they look.

Where you heard it from ??? [confused]

Heard from China friends. Also hear they are very liberal than the other provinces

Really cheap to retire in Hainan.

I am considering it.

Everything also have, sex, wine, food, cars, housing,etc.

Got carrefour, got Audi, got sexy babes, got bangalow, got wild meats(duck,chicken,snake,bear palms, etc)

Air ticket is cheap to fly to HK Singapore Beijing, a high speed rail to reach mainland china will be ready next year.

Cash out from Singapore and live in Hainan, travels China and retire enjoying.

Twincharged

sorry to dig out a 2 year old thread ...

just want to ask if anyone managed to find a travel agency that has packages to Hainan Island without the "compulsory shopping" locations ...eg tea house, medicinal hall , silk house ....etc

still got a few more days annual leave left ... thinking of a short trip there but dun want to go to the above "shopping" places.

dun want to F&E as transportation is going to be a big big problem ... unless got lobang to rent a minivan that can go around the island for those few days.

just want to ask if anyone managed to find a travel agency that has packages to Hainan Island without the "compulsory shopping" locations ...eg tea house, medicinal hall , silk house ....etc

still got a few more days annual leave left ... thinking of a short trip there but dun want to go to the above "shopping" places.

dun want to F&E as transportation is going to be a big big problem ... unless got lobang to rent a minivan that can go around the island for those few days.

I recently have the unfortunate experience of a guided tour to China and it convinced me that unless the place is ulu and language is a problem I'll never go on a guided tour again. [furious]

It might look cheaper and convenient but the time you spent on the compulsory shopping locations simply eat away all the available time slot which you could spend at places you liked.

If you're able and confident of it, go as free-and-easy............. [laugh][cool]

Chan Brother's Tour does have it but must inform them before hand.

Even if they (China tour guide) bring you to the shop, there is no obligation for you to buy. Just like myself, walk round and look see, look see, eat their free food (sampling) and walk out of the shop and onto the waiting tour bus... [sly]

Most shops they bring you too are [knife] , can get it cheaper at the shops surrounding your hotel...

Please note that their weighing is 1 katie = 1kg whereas in SG, 1 katie = 600grams.. :blink:

Best if you got someone who speak Hainanese to come along, then you can see that the price is so much different... -_-

Even if they (China tour guide) bring you to the shop, there is no obligation for you to buy. Just like myself, walk round and look see, look see, eat their free food (sampling) and walk out of the shop and onto the waiting tour bus... [sly]

But your time wasted in the shops hanging around.

Twincharged

yup, its not about buying .... its the time wasted at those places ... apparently, they spend more time at these sponsor shops that on the actual sightseeing !!

when at the sponsor shops, you waste time travelling there and then stay there and just sit and listen to the sales pitch ....

but when you go sightseeing, the guides rush you like sheep !!

just read that Chan Bros having a trip to Hainan with local actor Thomas Ong ... sort of a food-trip ... but i am only afraid that will have to visit those sponsor shops again.

Twincharged

I recently have the unfortunate experience of a guided tour to China and it convinced me that unless the place is ulu and language is a problem I'll never go on a guided tour again. [furious]

It might look cheaper and convenient but the time you spent on the compulsory shopping locations simply eat away all the available time slot which you could spend at places you liked.

If you're able and confident of it, go as free-and-easy............. [laugh][cool]

those "deal" sites ??

anyway, like i mentioned, transportation will pose a problem ... unless anyone got lobang to hire a driver and van ? I know the maglev there is quite centralized but we might still want to visit those rural areas too.

Has anyone been to Hainan island free and easy?  Can share your experience and how to go?

Oh!  Btw, shouldn't this  be at the road trip/travel section?

• Praise 1

Has anyone been to Hainan island free and easy? Can share your experience and how to go?

Oh! Btw, shouldn't this be at the road trip/travel section?

Only been to hai kou but not sanya

Very small place and easy to get around in taxi

Nice fresh topical fruits n things are pretty cheap

• Praise 4

Twincharged

Has anyone been to Hainan island free and easy?  Can share your experience and how to go?

Oh!  Btw, shouldn't this  be at the road trip/travel section?

their maglev is up and running .... things have changed a lot since I visited them more than 10 years ago.

and unlike some would say that things are cheap there, think again.

RMB30 for a cup of coffee at a local 3*hotel there.

but again it depends on where you go and for what.

Cheap simple business hotels are available at S$25/night.

Coke costs about 2 bottles of Tsingtao beer.

I'll be trying their maglev when I go there this coming Sep.

• Praise 1

their maglev is up and running .... things have changed a lot since I visited them more than 10 years ago.

and unlike some would say that things are cheap there, think again.

RMB30 for a cup of coffee at a local 3*hotel there.

but again it depends on where you go and for what.

Cheap simple business hotels are available at S$25/night.

Coke costs about 2 bottles of Tsingtao beer.

I'll be trying their maglev when I go there this coming Sep.

Why you go so many times?

You go liao come back and share your experience can? It seem not easy to go free and easy  unless you got friends/relatives there?

Why you go so many times?

You go liao come back and share your experience can? It seem not easy to go free and easy  unless you got friends/relatives there?

got banyan tree in sanya just like phuket in thailand, no need to have friends or relatives there.

• Praise 1

Only been to hai kou but not sanya

Very small place and easy to get around in taxi

Nice fresh topical fruits n things are pretty cheap

OIC. 

I read in tripadvisor that they kena con by the tour agency in Hainan island.  They told  them that it was a deluxe tour with better food and hotel at RMB680 per pax and end up the tour food and hotel was lousy and they found out that other tour members bought the tour package at only RMB300 per pax.

That is why i am thinking should go free and easy or package.  Or perhaps I'll wait few more years when it is more developed.

OIC.

I read in tripadvisor that they kena con by the tour agency in Hainan island. They told them that it was a deluxe tour with better food and hotel at RMB680 per pax and end up the tour food and hotel was lousy and they found out that other tour members bought the tour package at only RMB300 per pax.

That is why i am thinking should go free and easy or package. Or perhaps I'll wait few more years when it is more developed.

Heard that sanya is very commercialized so sure more expensive compared to haikou which is less developed but my friend managed to buy bbq scallop only for rmb 1 (that was 3-4 years ago) in sanya

If you can speak Chinese, really not necessary to follow tour since hainan is more for relaxation and not like Beijing where guided tours would be beneficial for the historical sites

You can just google and research the places of interests and take cab around

Better to go before it become even more commercialized and expensive

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 11