Retirement village in sg

Blackyv

Turbocharged

umm... CNA news was talking about retirement villlage in malaysia and singapore.... what's your thought on it?? feasible ??...will you bite?..... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement

umm... CNA news was talking about retirement villlage in malaysia and singapore.... what's your thought on it?? feasible ??...will you bite?..... [sweatdrop]

i wouldnt mind retiring in Ipoh or Penang but i cannot speak malay.

i wouldnt mind retiring in Ipoh or Penang but i cannot speak malay.

No worries, lots of chinese folk there. Be more worried if you can't speak cantonese...

Btw, what's this retirement village thing about??

Turbocharged

No worries, lots of chinese folk there. Be more worried if you can't speak cantonese...

Penang more of Hokkien..but their Hokkien is totally diff from Johor and SG Hokkien...

Turbocharged

not too sure.... just happen to view it on cna news talking about possibility of having it at Jalan Jurong kechil i think.... not too sure in detail..... [sweatdrop]

not sure will they repeat it on tonight news.....

not too sure.... just happen to view it on cna news talking about possibility of having it at Jalan Jurong kechil i think.... not too sure in detail..... [sweatdrop]

If its in sgp, it aint a retirement village because its expensive and will squeeze the occupants dry. beside, sgp is too stressful, how to retire?

ops i cannot speak cantonese either...

[;)]

i tot some ministar mention tat we shld all retire in jb or batam

all these ideas are crap.

children shld always fulfil their duties to take care of aged parents and not dump them in some foreign country or village.

they shld set a rule that the only eligibility to live there is tat the old folk is single and have no children

now even retirement is becoming commericalised

Hmmm...is it affordable? Or must you have millions in order to retire there?

Then again, "retirement village" to criminals would take on another meaning! To them, it would probably mean something like "ez-money village", 'cos stealing money/belongings from old folks would seem to these scum as easy as taking candy from a child. :angry:

Hrmmm. A retirement village in Johor isn't a bad idea, as long as it's less than 15 minutes drive from the custom.

When you're old and retired (and assuming you have a car), travelling between S'pore and JB becomes so much easier as you can just travel during off peak hours.

But.....security is a concern. I'm in JB half the time. Crimes are always a concern.

Supercharged

Malacca has a new hospital where alot of SG ppl go there for medical treatment, at half the price..... and it's said to be on par as SG hospitals...

so i'm not suprised if, soon in the future, somone may start to bulit retirement homes and hospics in Malacca.

I dun mind Malacca... got bloody good food, got nature, got the sea, got tourism... and its only 2 hours drive away......

Penang, Ipoh are all too far away

important is must have tourism, coz the ppl will then maintain and upgrade the entire place, to keep it modern and clean.... unlike some places that are really like kampongs and dead towns.....

Turbocharged

Actually I don't mind a retirement village since don't have kids anyway. Sell away my flat and pay rent to retirement village also same. Maybe got inhouse medical support also.

Neutral Newbie

Folks,

Frankly, do you want to stay in a place where you see mostly elderly like yourself?

I believe in staying at a place where there is a good mix of generations.

Cheers.

Turbocharged

Singapore is getting too crowded these days. Just look at the shopping malls, east coast park, the public amenities and you could catch what I mean. Even MacDonald's restaurants are getting noisier than before.

Recently, I find myself frequenting JB more often than I used to. Just to enjoy a lazy, quiet afternoon with a glass of latte at half the price.

↡ Advertisement