• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
222 replies to this topic | 147 praises

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:20 AM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Hi all,

as above question........ say i got $50k cash, which FD account has highest interest?

pls dun tell me about whatever investment scheme or whatnot.... not interested in investments for this sum of $$.
Baal praised this
This is my country, this is my life. This is my people.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:23 AM

Rayleigh
  • Rayleigh
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

as above question........ say i got $50k cash, which FD account has highest interest?

pls dun tell me about whatever investment scheme or whatnot.... not interested in investments for this sum of $$.

Buy high dividend shares like singtel, Capitalland, Singpost......returns are much better
Baal praised this

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:27 AM

Civic2000
  • Premium member
    Civic2000
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Maybank has the higher interest rate for FD.
Baal praised this
When I shut my mouth and turn and walk away, it doesn’t mean you’ve won. It simply means that you are not worth any more of my time.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:45 AM

Bencts
  • Bencts
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Try CIMB. Their starsaver account pay 1% interest and come with free cheque book. It is a savings account, not fixed deposit so u can withdraw anytime. Catch is you need to deposit $500/mth to enjoy this 1% but you can talk to their CSO if u have a lump sum to deposit, they will make arrangement so that your entire deposit enjoy the 1% interest rate.

Baal praised this

Posted 06 April 2010 - 11:49 AM

Chewbacca
  • Chewbacca
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Only keep money in bank as a means for convenience and a place for putting your reserve. I guess you'll still want the most out of your reserve, though.

But, if you have growing your funds in mind, go for stocks.

But don't touch Unit Trusts.
Baal praised this

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:01 PM

Introz
  • Introz
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Try CIMB. Their starsaver account pay 1% interest and come with free cheque book. It is a savings account, not fixed deposit so u can withdraw anytime. Catch is you need to deposit $500/mth to enjoy this 1% but you can talk to their CSO if u have a lump sum to deposit, they will make arrangement so that your entire deposit enjoy the 1% interest rate.

wahh like that can cheat 1
28th withraw $500
30/31st deposit $500
sly.gif
Baal praised this
psn id: intro82

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:25 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

You want to invest it in my Stock Portfolio ?
50% returns in 1 year or your money back with interest the Highest FD you found.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:07 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

You want to invest it in my Stock Portfolio ?
50% returns in 1 year or your money back with interest the Highest FD you found.

got Capital and returns guaranteed or not?

if have, i have all MCF members will throw all their money to you already....... u can start a Ponzi scheme

Posted 06 April 2010 - 02:08 PM

Donut
  • Premium member
    Donut

Maybank has the higher interest rate for FD.

yup, did a little research for a while.... Maybank and CIMB have highest interests in FD.

DBS is the worst......

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:46 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

got Capital and returns guaranteed or not?

if have, i have all MCF members will throw all their money to you already....... u can start a Ponzi scheme

I alraedy said if I don't make 50% returns - you get back your money + the highest FD interest rate you found.. Not good enough ah ?

If I make 50% and below that all you take. Anything > 50% is my commission.

Not Ponzi scheme.

Edited by Tigerwoods, 06 April 2010 - 03:51 PM.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:50 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    5th Gear
    Author Image

I alraedy said if I don't make 50% returns - you get back your money + the highest FD interest rate you found.. Not good enough ah ?

Not Ponzi scheme.

hahaha if i were you and i make 70% returns i will still declare to my customer that i make less than 50% returns,

so return back to them based on FD interest, at most 5% nia ...

so clever, use other people money make money
Mirror. Signal. Outmaneuver.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

hahaha if i were you and i make 70% returns i will still declare to my customer that i make less than 50% returns,

so return back to them based on FD interest, at most 5% nia ...

so clever, use other people money make money

Sori , pls see my edited post...

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

TangoElite
  • TangoElite
    5th Gear
    Author Image

just saw your edit

ok, so your declare and disclose entirely where you invest their $$
Mirror. Signal. Outmaneuver.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 03:53 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

used to be maybank, cimb and UOB high-yield

now all revised their rates liao

no point choosing based on rates as the difference means nuts to you (u only banking $50k), choose the bank based on freebies and goodies and of course, the service.

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 06 April 2010 - 03:54 PM.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:14 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hi all,

Actually, my POEMS broker told me that its even better to park our money in our POEMS online account.
You get > 1% returns.

And best of all, you can buy shares or take out any time and not locked like FD...
Dono how true this is.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:25 PM

Karu
  • Premium member
    Karu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Actually, my POEMS broker told me that its even better to park our money in our POEMS online account.
You get > 1% returns.

And best of all, you can buy shares or take out any time and not locked like FD...
Dono how true this is.

Yes, interest is quite high for poems acc.

Think poems is not a financial institution. i.e. any money parked in the acc is not guaranteed like those you have with banks. I may be wrong.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:28 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wahh like that can cheat 1
28th withraw $500
30/31st deposit $500
sly.gif

well, they base on "average"... u think banker dumb? u better re-think again.........
laugh.gif

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

Nono
  • Nono
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Talking about shares, can any bros and sis enlignten which shares give the highest dividend every year. Thanks

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:47 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes, interest is quite high for poems acc.

Think poems is not a financial institution. i.e. any money parked in the acc is not guaranteed like those you have with banks. I may be wrong.

But frankly $50k - FD 1 yr I see less than 1%. = Interest = $500..
No meaning.

Posted 06 April 2010 - 04:51 PM

Tigerwoods
  • Premium member
    Tigerwoods
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Talking about shares, can any bros and sis enlignten which shares give the highest dividend every year. Thanks

Dividends are peanuts lah unless you own 1000000 shares.. even Dividend U$0.01 you get U$10k Kpoi Lui...

Back to Investment & Financial Matters  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Which, bank, offers, highest and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users