Which bank offers the highest Fixed Deposit rates?

Recently i placed FD with maybank 12mth at 1.8%.. while not the highest, it was hassle free as can be done via online banking.. good for existing maybank customers..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

He must worry la.

Insurance cap is only 50k.

Wah lau , mai hantam me leh.

I was really only trying to disturb you in the other thread. Stir stir a bit mah..

Heeeheeee

I more scared this one

post-29925-0-91210200-1451370826_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Throttle2

can always place in many placements of 50k so as to have insurance SDIC coverage..

the coverage is per person per bank.. so every 50k need to be in different banks..

Which bank has the highest rates?

I really don't know as I don't have any savings

I only have debts so if anyone wants to know

which banks has the highest rates for debts

can just ask me.

:D

• Praise 5

Yup, correcto.

Just go to Raffles Place, many banks, place 50K with each bank for maximum "insurance" coverage in case of any bank's funeral.

Then, upon maturity, withdraw from one bank and walk over to place with another bank to enjoy fresh fund rates. [thumbsup]

Take half day or one day leave to walk from bank to bank. Good exercise.

the coverage is per person per bank.. so every 50k need to be in different banks..

Edited by Kangadrool
  • Praise 1

It's not an FD but if you want to invest, and be very careful if you do, then 'UOBAM United SG Fund' which I'm heavily invested in has given a 10% increase over the last 3 years and a 25% increase over the last 6 years and 50% over the last 10 years.

Mind you in August 2011 it did drop 3% and took 6 months to recover.

That was during a world financial crisis and many funds were dropping 25% ish or more.

If you are interested then look at the dollardex website and it shows charts for loads of funds.

Of course other funds may well have increased more, many less over the same periods, but I find UOBAM United SG Fund to be very stable.

• Praise 1