Shell Helix Ultra at Giant

Minut3s

I have a friend who work at Ferrari agent,comfirmed they use this oil [10-50],so it cannot be so bad.

ferrari V8, V10, V12.... and the car is so expensive and powerful... i wouldnt be surprised if 10w/60 was used...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I have a friend who work at Ferrari agent,comfirmed they use this oil [10-50],so it cannot be so bad.

what is their oil change schedule? dont think it is as long as 10,000km... shell works ok up to 5,000km as far as i have experienced.

Neutral Newbie

ferrari V8, V10, V12.... and the car is so expensive and powerful... i wouldnt be surprised if 10w/60 was used...

does ferrari have a V10 road car? i know they used to run them in their F1 cars until the rules changed...

does ferrari have a V10 road car? i know they used to run them in their F1 cars until the rules changed...

no idea bro... tats why i stated ferrari V8 only... V10 V12 i meant this type of engines.... [blush]

personally had used and tried on this and had given up on this long time ago.

my personal experience: noisy engine, poor high-end, feel no power.

i rather spend on other brands with the same price tag.

but that's just me hor. =p

personally had used and tried on this and had given up on this long time ago.

my personal experience: noisy engine, poor high-end, feel no power.

i rather spend on other brands with the same price tag.

but that's just me hor. =p

+1 to this.

This oil sucks big time. If you wanna put a lousy oil in your car, why not go for C.L which costs only 1/2 of the price of shell. From my butt feeling, there's no diff between CL and SHU.

I suggest pay a little more for some other better brands like mobil 1.

I have been on c-----e for past 4 years. Using on my Teana 250XV right now. Prior to that I used Mobil 1. FRankly no difference at all. Singaporeans typical thought process is more expensve means definitely better quality. Dont thrown your money away.

You try Shell Helix Ultra next servicing. You can feel the difference...the difference of how much it suxs. [laugh]

I tried this oil before.

Engine sounds v rough....

I agreed, After changing to Shell Helix Ultra.. my new engine is SUPER rough. I really regret changing it to Shell.. should have go for OWS or Redline..

Ahhhh! :angry:

Neutral Newbie

I have been on c-----e for past 4 years. Using on my Teana 250XV right now. Prior to that I used Mobil 1. FRankly no difference at all. Singaporeans typical thought process is more expensve means definitely better quality. Dont thrown your money away.

C@rlube currently having promotion @ GIANT with FREE Oil Treatment 300ml. 50% cheaper than Shell and is a 5L bottle compare to Shell 4L

Well, it all depends on the car actually.

My prev and current cars do not really like C.L. and Shell Helix Ultra. The engine's sound is very rough & noisy, and no power @ high rev.

Both cars have no problem with Mobile 1, Amsoil, and Redline. [:)]

Its the same only that Shell Autoserve is a satellite service station another words its sub to C&C...

Price wise is almost the same...

The advantage is shell autoserve u can wait there and c what they do but not C&C.

Hope this helps...

thanks. so is it all Shell Autoserve are sub of C&C? or juz the thomson one? it's my 1st car so hope to maintain as stock as possible... thanks

Neutral Newbie

Well, it all depends on the car actually.

My prev and current cars do not really like C.L. and Shell Helix Ultra. The engine's sound is very rough & noisy, and no power @ high rev.

Both cars have no problem with Mobile 1, Amsoil, and Redline. [:)]

Bro Nav14 is driving Teana 250XV BIG cc car also got no issue ...... may i know what prev and current cars u are driving that dislike C.L & Shell Helix Ultra? u said until the 2 oils worst than mineral oil....anyway ive never try out SHU.....i shall try out one of this day to see is it really that BAD!

I've treid both SHU and CL on my last ride, I think I prefer CL at the end of the day.

Not sure if I got this feeling becos both feels the same and CL is 1/2 price or is it CL is really 'better'.

Anybody has the same feeling? :)

Once you tried high end oil, you will realise that SHU is really poor. Maybe can only compete with kar lubbe. Then again, never try c-- ---e before.

MOTUL all the way.........

Edited by Deividz

Once you tried high end oil, you will realise that SHU is really poor. Maybe can only compete with kar lubbe. Then again, never try c-- ---e before.

MOTUL all the way.........

People who waste money on supposedly "high end oil" are just like kids who get easily brainwashed by all the Macdonald ads. Even the service advisor at Tan Chong advised me not to waste money on more expensive brands for my V6 Teana. You guys are paying for all their high marketing costs and sponsorships of racing teams, etc.

One oil being perceived to be better than another is all in the mind. You pay more means must be better. Typical Singapore mentality.

↡ Advertisement