Shell Helix Ultra at Giant

Minut3s

Bro Nav14 is driving Teana 250XV BIG cc car also got no issue ...... may i know what prev and current cars u are driving that dislike C.L & Shell Helix Ultra? u said until the 2 oils worst than mineral oil....anyway ive never try out SHU.....i shall try out one of this day to see is it really that BAD!

My prev ride --> Daihutsu YRV Turbo

My Current ride --> Mitsu Colt V.R.

I never tried mineral oil in any of these 2 cars so cannot comment how these 2 oil perform compared to mineral oil.

I also owned a Mz3 for a short while (1 yr+), I felt no difference between Shell Helix Super (Mineral) and Shell Helix Ultra (Syn) tho. Same power, same FC. ^_^

↡ Advertisement

I had been using Shell Hexix Utra oil from 6.5 yrs for my previous civic, accord and now estima. Not complaint at all but change it every 10KKM. I often use HW in M'sia for avg 140KM-160k/hr. I get this engine oil from NTUC from $60 to $70 now. As long as you kept changing engine oil as per instructed for 5KM or 10KM depending on oil type. Then it is fine. I had a friend who bought super mobil engine oil that claims last until 100KKM or change 40KKM regularly. End up the civic go engine overhaul. Rule a thumb, change your engine regularly at every 5KKM, 7KKM, 10KKM depending type of engine oil. Since I hate to change engine oil at which 5KKM as I use about 20-25KKM per annum, I use every 10KKM engine oil. Shell just work fine with me. My civic and accord engine is still fine when sell it off.

Shell Helix Ultra is a fully synthetic engine oil used in passenger cars and high pefromance vehicles, providing ultimate lubrication performance. When you put this oil in your vehicle, you can be assured you will have piece of mind.

Shell Helix Ultra gives you maximum engine clean-up with special cleaning agents that actively cleanse the engine surfaces and continuously lock away harmful dirt and deposits.

It has remarkable long-term oxidation stability, which gives your car

Some people would say why you go to Tan Chong for a simple oil change ?

How much do you pay for their service vs outside workshop or even diy ?

I hope they don't call you kid for sucking up to AD. :D

I believe many people service their rides with authorized service centers simply because they want their warranty to be valid when sh1t happens.

CVT is infamous for failure if not properly maintained.

Do you have idea how much it will cost to have a cvt replaced???

Supersonic

I believe many people service their rides with authorized service centers simply because they want their warranty to be valid when sh1t happens.

CVT is infamous for failure if not properly maintained.

Do you have idea how much it will cost to have a cvt replaced???

No, I have no idea how much a cvt cost, probably $5k to $10k

Neither do I understand why people will buy a CVT knowing it's infamous and get tied in with servicing at TC.

Does TC give you 10 yr or life warranty for CVT as long as you service with them ?

If not, after 3 or 5 yrs warrranty is over, how? Are you going to worry with no TC warranty after that ?

Shell Helix Ultra is a fully synthetic engine oil used in passenger cars and high pefromance vehicles, providing ultimate lubrication performance. When you put this oil in your vehicle, you can be assured you will have piece of mind.

Shell Helix Ultra gives you maximum engine clean-up with special cleaning agents that actively cleanse the engine surfaces and continuously lock away harmful dirt and deposits.

CVT needs to maintain meh? i tot only change CVT fluid every 60 000KM which i wont hit in the next 2 yrs which i will by then, sell my qashqai haha.

their servicing package also not much on CVT maintainance except the above. otherwise, the rest are pt checks that do not need and warrant for the pricey package leh.

No, I have no idea how much a cvt cost, probably $5k to $10k

Neither do I understand why people will buy a CVT knowing it's infamous and get tied in with servicing at TC.

Does TC give you 10 yr or life warranty for CVT as long as you service with them ?

If not, after 3 or 5 yrs warrranty is over, how? Are you going to worry with no TC warranty after that ?

Good point. ^_^

I myself isn't a big fan of CVT. Honda CVT (Fit) gave lots of headace to the owners last time. This result in CVT car owners being more kiasi about the warranty.

But most car owners just wanna have a peace of mind for the first 3 to 5 years of owning a car. That's why they don't mind paying extra for service. Most people in Singapore do not keep their car for longer than 3 to 5 years anyway. =)

Supersonic

That explains it.

When I buy a car, it's got to be manual gear...coz I plan to drive it for a long time.

Mine is bought new, already drove it for 5 yrs. I didn't bother with AD warranty.

And I'm planning to drive it to 10 yrs and either extend or scrap.

Neutral Newbie

ANyway Brand of Engine Oil also got their loyal customers....be it $30, $50, $70 or $100+.....end of the day still need to drain out between 7K-10K KM. some buy $30 engine oil drain out 7K KM......some buy $70 engine oil will also need to drain out before 10K KM......Nowaday new car in the market all got v good engine that can last u for the next 5 -10 years as long as you service and maintence your engine by change oil every 5K or 10K KM even u use mineral oil also no problem.

Neutral Newbie

I bought a carton of Shell helix ultra from Carrefour sometime back. made in the EU and only 49.9 with 5% rebate using Everyday card....

Hypersonic

I bought a carton of Shell helix ultra from Carrefour sometime back. made in the EU and only 49.9 with 5% rebate using Everyday card....

You bought a whole carton?

How many cars do you have?

Supercharged

engine oil also got expiry one leh.. u buy so much.. [:p]

Turbocharged

You bought a whole carton?

How many cars do you have?

not surprise. i also bought 1 dozen during car4 promotion which can last me for 1yr of servicing for 2cars

you will not go wrong with shell

↡ Advertisement