Shell Helix Ultra at Giant

Minut3s

why is it not suitable?

not smooth, i am driving auto sunny. it will drag RPM high when low speed before changing to next gear

↡ Advertisement

I agree. Its not only Giant that sells Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 at this offer price. NTUC and Big Box have been selling the same product at similar prices for quite some time! I'm pretty sure they arent stupid enough to sell fake eo and risk being sued by Shell. If they are not genuine Shell products, they would have been taken off the shelves a long time ago.

Clearly its a condition of your engine that requires a weekly topping up of your engine oil.

SA was told that stock usually come with a sealed foil inside after you open the cover and should be lighter in color. $120 has a sealed foil.

not smooth, i am driving auto sunny. it will drag RPM high when low speed before changing to next gear

you should use a w30 oil then. to allow the auto transmission to upshift quickly to the next higher gear, ease off the accelerator pedal for a brief moment before stepping on it again.

you should use a w30 oil then. to allow the auto transmission to upshift quickly to the next higher gear, ease off the accelerator pedal for a brief moment before stepping on it again.

yes experiencing better upshift after changed to Mobil 1.

yes experiencing better upshift after changed to Mobil 1.

Gearbox & engine are separate unit,i don't understand anything about  engine oil can affect the tranmission upshift. [confused]..Engine oil will only affect like roughness,noise,power[not really very much] & economy of the engine.... 

Gearbox & engine are separate unit,i don't understand anything about  engine oil can affect the tranmission upshift. [confused]..Engine oil will only affect like roughness,noise,power[not really very much] & economy of the engine.... 

Perhaps engine and gearbox are sharing the oil?

well....EO also will alter the rpm to which the respective gears were in use according to his posts.

need to be enlighten as to how it happens.

Perhaps engine and gearbox are sharing the oil?

just like shampoo and conditioner, 2 in 1..... [grin][bounce2]

IMHO,  engine oil can affect the temperature of the engine. 

The AT gearbox is connected to the engine. 

Perhaps the change in temperature of the ATF affects the transmission shifting.

IMHO,  engine oil can affect the temperature of the engine. 

The AT gearbox is connected to the engine. 

Perhaps the change in temperature of the ATF affects the transmission shifting.

The most is 3-5c,won't affect so much...

Possible.

If the viscosity of the oil is higher, there will higher parasitic losses/drags. 

The driver needs to step the accelerator more to compensate it, by doing so, the transmission will react accordingly/differently.

Having said that, I like the NTUC Shell Helix so much till I stocked up five 4L bottles at home, enough for the coming few years.

The most is 3-5c,won't affect so much...

Long term effect. 

Temp increase, ATF oxidises. Lubrication decreases. Heat removal decrease.  Heat increase.  Cycle Repeats. 

Been there....

thanks all for the input, i guess need to be more specific, my ride is left with 1.5years. so EO somehow affects my ride. plus i guess its time to change the gearbox oil/transmission fluid too. bought my ride around 10,000+km and now already 40,000+km, havent changed it before.

NTUC JEM is selling ultra helix at less than $35 but the same oil is sold in Shell petrol kiosk for close to $100 - why?

Edited by Albeniz

NTUC JEM is selling ultra helix at less than $35 but the same oil is sold in Shell petrol kiosk for close to $100 - why?

Shell needs to protect those car Agents using their oil...

AD vs PI lor .............. just like how come Mustafa can sell their 3M N95 masks so much cheaper than our public healthcare instituition