Tires for 195/60/R15

Krado

Hey bros, about time to change my 4-year old tyre already. Yes I know its something that should had been done way before but I ... forgot! :wub: Furthermore everyone's (at least those who own sedans) are talking about stuff above 16"... which me can't accord to pay extra for phat tires. LL sticking to 15" now lol.

So far I got quoted for these tires..

Michelin Pilot Preceda PP2 - $154

Goodyear LS2000 Hybrid2 - $115

Falken ST115 - $98

Falken DN-614 - $105

Bridgestone MY-01 - $115

Bridgestone GR90 - $145

As u can see my budget is about $100-$150

Qualities in order of importance:

1) Grip

2) Threadwear

3) Noise

Are there any users of the above mentioned tires got some good/bad things to share? :)

↡ Advertisement

Tyres can last for 4 years....you must be a safe drivers.

So no need to get expensive tyres.

I would get the following if I was still driving my SSS.

or

Falken ST115 - $98

Tyres can last for 4 years....you must be a safe drivers.

So no need to get expensive tyres.

I would get the following if I was still driving my SSS.

or

Falken ST115 - $98

Haha... Not safe one lor, even went to PG once. [laugh]

Thanks for your recommendation.. quite similar with what I read about other sizes for those tires.

Haha... Not safe one lor, even went to PG once. [laugh]

Thanks for your recommendation.. quite similar with what I read about other sizes for those tires.

huh.. u bring LS2000 to track ar??

currently using LS2000.. but profile is 205/55/R16.. i would say it is a good enough tire for a sedan la..

driving from Bt Batok to Tuas everyday.. would say that noise is acceptable cos the roads at Tuas are pretty worn out, so cannot give a fair judgement..

Wet handling is so so.. enough to let u drive confidently at highway on 90kmh in downpour..

huh.. u bring LS2000 to track ar??

currently using LS2000.. but profile is 205/55/R16.. i would say it is a good enough tire for a sedan la..

driving from Bt Batok to Tuas everyday.. would say that noise is acceptable cos the roads at Tuas are pretty worn out, so cannot give a fair judgement..

Wet handling is so so.. enough to let u drive confidently at highway on 90kmh in downpour..

Nope not LS2000, but my current GR80. :ph34r:

That's one of the good reason to buy LS2000, been reading that its wet performance is good, although I don't drive @ 90 on a wet road... can't afford to wreck a car. :ph34r:

Nope not LS2000, but my current GR80. :ph34r:

That's one of the good reason to buy LS2000, been reading that its wet performance is good, although I don't drive @ 90 on a wet road... can't afford to wreck a car. :ph34r:

My dad is currently using 195/60/R15 Falken ST115 on his Lancer, previous set is Goodyear LS2000.

Strongly recommend you to go for Goodyear LS2000 instead.

Falken ST115 is nosier, wear rate faster, however the sidewall is stiffer than Goodyear LS2000.

For dry grip, Falken ST115 may fare better.

For wet grip, Goodyear LS2000 seems to aquaplan better than Falken ST115.

For his next tyre change, I'll definitely buy back Goodyear LS2000, but the price for this model seems to have increased.

Used to get it $95/pc for Goodyear LS2000 2-3 years back.

ah... another one of those who want a cheap, high grip, low noise and durable tires. there's no such thing.

realistically, it appears you have a rather healthy budget. go for PP2.

but if budget is still a concern i would go for the Goodyears.

as you are concerned about noise and comfort, i wouldn't suggest anything as grippy as the ST115 or Eagle F1 because while they offer grip, it comes at the expense of road noise and threadwear.

ah... another one of those who want a cheap, high grip, low noise and durable tires. there's no such thing.

as you are concerned about noise and comfort, i wouldn't suggest anything as grippy as the ST115 or Eagle F1 because while they offer grip, it comes at the expense of road noise and threadwear.

lol....

That's not what I mean man... haiyo...

I'm looking for tires that offer good grip that doesn't wear down like melting ice cream, with least care for noise... with my budget of $100-$150 per tire. [laugh]

But thanks for your input man. I thought the ST115 looks good on paper.. Eagle F1 didn't make it to my list at all. :P The dealer called me just now regarding the stocks for the PP2, don't have! D:

My dad is currently using 195/60/R15 Falken ST115 on his Lancer, previous set is Goodyear LS2000.

Strongly recommend you to go for Goodyear LS2000 instead.

Falken ST115 is nosier, wear rate faster, however the sidewall is stiffer than Goodyear LS2000.

For dry grip, Falken ST115 may fare better.

For wet grip, Goodyear LS2000 seems to aquaplan better than Falken ST115.

For his next tyre change, I'll definitely buy back Goodyear LS2000, but the price for this model seems to have increased.

Used to get it $95/pc for Goodyear LS2000 2-3 years back.

Thanks for your opinion. :)

Goodyear eagle F1!

Wah you're not the first one who throw the Lao Ying F1 at me man...

Headache headache. [smash]

I just changed mine to Falken ze912 for a week already.

Quoted $100 per pcs. Don't think good price. Should be able to get cheaper but I don't b other to spend time to look for cheaper sources.

So far the wet and dry is fantastic. Better than my ex GR80. Sound slightly noiser than GR80.

Not sure but seems like feel safer at corners also.

(edited)

I just changed mine to Falken ze912 for a week already.

Quoted $100 per pcs. Don't think good price. Should be able to get cheaper but I don't b other to spend time to look for cheaper sources.

So far the wet and dry is fantastic. Better than my ex GR80. Sound slightly noiser than GR80.

Not sure but seems like feel safer at corners also.

Thanks for your recommendation! I agree with you that not spending time to source for cheaper sources is acceptable since I've been going around Ubi getting quotes from different shops. Ugh!

$100 seems alright since Tyrepac shows it at $96..

Hmm... yet another tyre to consider, but I was hoping no one would notice that my list of tires are Made in Japan...I'm ready to be bombarded with hate liao.

Edited by Krado