Increase of engine oil level found in dipstick

Yuan

IIRC, first time <20k and second time around 80k. UOA (not mine) shows CLTR shears to 30 weight. Too thin for my use, got the "burnt" feeling but gives very good FC.

Since you using it right, can take a pic of the camshaft thru the engine oil filler cap? I want to compare with mine. <_<

I tried a lot already, settle for Redline. I've tried 0w40, 5w50, 5w40, 0w30 and 5w50, same issue.

===============

I saw the camshaft when I replaced my top gasket recently.

It was very clean.

But Redline also cleans very well.

↡ Advertisement

===============

I saw the camshaft when I replaced my top gasket recently.

It was very clean.

But Redline also cleans very well.

You should have taken a pic. I want to find out if the camlobes got any marking and if the engine area silver or golden.

Yours how many K change the gasket?

===============

Just use C@rlube 40 weight synthetic is more than enough lah. Or try 30 weight synthetic if your engine is still very tight & u dont whack much.

Cheap & good. Ive been using for a long time already & no problems at all.

If u got $$$, get RP 40 weight synthetic. I used b4 when it was much cheaper. That is a very good oil. Maybe even better than Mobil 1.

C@rlube can last till 10k or not?

Intend to stretch this for as long as I can. [:p]

============

Those who r scared of going to MY cos of robbery, car-jacking, TP or bo-sia can whack on our eways. [:p]

Or PM Dwoon or myself & we wil do the whacking for you FOC. :D

Waiting for you to lead the way for me to whack our journey to Kenyir Lake. [laugh]

Perhaps my usage is unique... after many different brand/grade over 12 or 13 oil changes including sending a few samples for UOA ( interests ), I settled using a Redline mix. [;)]

So if your previous engine oil works for you, stick with it.

I have tried various brands before. Impressive ones were Mobile and ELF.

Perhaps coincidental, every time my engine has C@rlube 40 inside, the engine top cover top gasket leak. [laugh]

I used Mobil 1 5w50, engine oil level also goes up.

Different usage pattern, different engine oil required.

Do get the so called valve cover gasket replace..!

I replaced mine during early Feb this year.

Sypmtom : Engine oil consumed, oil stain dirt clouding at gasket area.

Upon gasket removal by mechanic, it was found that existing gasket has cracked and harden.

Cant even be compressed by finger nails.

Lately, observed that engine oil consumed phenomenon is much slower.

Time to re start my trouble shooting again.

Do refers to attached for reference.

Cracked valve cover seal and cam rod condition.

post-20237-1271474812_thumb.jpg

post-20237-1271474828_thumb.jpg

Do get the so called valve cover gasket replace..!

I replaced mine during early Feb this year.

Sypmtom : Engine oil consumed, oil stain dirt clouding at gasket area.

Upon gasket removal by mechanic, it was found that existing gasket has cracked and harden.

Cant even be compressed by finger nails.

Lately, observed that engine oil consumed phenomenon is much slower.

Time to re start my trouble shooting again.

Do refers to attached for reference.

Cracked valve cover seal and cam rod condition.

IMHO, it's good that the consumption is slower. Maybe the engine oil cannot take the heat. Perhaps you want to try those ester based engine oil ? Start with a good oil and you have less troubleshooting to do. I think a normal capacity NA engine shouldn't be consuming any oil under normal use, not like it's turbo or something.

Gasket will harden over time due to heat i.e. wear and tear. An engine oil that is not effective in removing heat will speed up the process.

The pix you've posted is exactly what I wanted to find out. Noticed the engine top is golden in colour? I think that is varnish, some say no effect, but to me, anything extra might affect the engine in the long run. I've seen another car with the same engine as mine, with a deep golden engine top, also need to change the gasket more than twice...guess which oil it is using?

Check out this link for more varnish info - http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbth...9821&page=1

You should have taken a pic. I want to find out if the camlobes got any marking and if the engine area silver or golden.

Yours how many K change the gasket?

=============

Recently changed was coming to 80K km.

Now my good mech changed for me, I see how long it last. Sud b a long time.

C@rlube can last till 10k or not?

Intend to stretch this for as long as I can. [:p]

==============

With CL, I always go till 10K km. No problem.

In fact all the synthetic oils I used, I serviced at 10K km.

Now >80K km & the engine is still very tight. Use for 10K km still no need to top-up EO at all.

Last time my Corona, if I use CL, I need to top-up abt 1 lit during the 10K km. If I use RP, no top-up required.

CL has a lower flash point so I did burn oil in my Corona cos the piston rings were a little worn.

But hey that car was already 400K km. My Optra is only 80K km.

==============

With CL, I always go till 10K km. No problem.

In fact all the synthetic oils I used, I serviced at 10K km.

Now >80K km & the engine is still very tight. Use for 10K km still no need to top-up EO at all.

Last time my Corona, if I use CL, I need to top-up abt 1 lit during the 10K km. If I use RP, no top-up required.

CL has a lower flash point so I did burn oil in my Corona cos the piston rings were a little worn.

But hey that car was already 400K km. My Optra is only 80K km.

If you service your car well and regularly, I believe the engine will be in good condition and hence no need to top up. Mine is almost 90k.

My old swift is 14 year old and previous owners have trashed it around umpteen times. No need to top up EO also.

Waiting for you to lead the way for me to whack our journey to Kenyir Lake. [laugh]

=============

I saw the resort in Sedili posted by Adrianli. Im thinking of checking it out soon. Hope to convince my wife to join me.

U interested? Can go for the special butter lobsters as Renggit is not too far from Sedili. [drivingcar]

I have tried various brands before. Impressive ones were Mobile and ELF.

===========

U sud try RP.

Last time I used it. Cheaper & better than Mobil 1 I feel.

Now RP abt same price as Mobil 1 so use CL which is more than enough for my day to day Optra & cost about 1/2 of Mobil 1.

=============

I saw the resort in Sedili posted by Adrianli. Im thinking of checking it out soon. Hope to convince my wife to join me.

U interested? Can go for the special butter lobsters as Renggit is not too far from Sedili. [drivingcar]

We are interested lah but issue is the timing...

Both of us have extremely tight work schedules.

If you service your car well and regularly, I believe the engine will be in good condition and hence no need to top up. Mine is almost 90k.

My old swift is 14 year old and previous owners have trashed it around umpteen times. No need to top up EO also.

============

Oil can also b lost tru a leaking gasket. So even if engine is tight, u can lose EO.

But I read its normal to lose a little EO cos that is the little that gets burned in the combustion chamber as it lubes the upper piston rings.

If u whack, your EO wil drop even faster so it also depends on how hard u drive & so many other factors.

============

Oil can also b lost tru a leaking gasket. So even if engine is tight, u can lose EO.

But I read its normal to lose a little EO cos that is the little that gets burned in the combustion chamber as it lubes the upper piston rings.

If u whack, your EO wil drop even faster so it also depends on how hard u drive & so many other factors.

For me, I think it should be alright.

We are interested lah but issue is the timing...

Both of us have extremely tight work schedules.

===========

Lets choose a date & try to stick to it.

Sometime end April/Early May? (& no holidays please cos the crowds & jam is a big turn-off)

I was thinking of go on thu morning & return on fri afternoon. We can have some nice BKT on the way to Sedili. But must b abit early cos that stall closes by lunch-time.

===========

Lets choose a date & try to stick to it.

Sometime end April/Early May? (& no holidays please cos the crowds & jam is a big turn-off)

I was thinking of go on thu morning & return on fri afternoon. We can have some nice BKT on the way to Sedili. But must b abit early cos that stall closes by lunch-time.

I am looking at 2nd half of the year.

April and May are totally out for us.

I am looking at 2nd half of the year.

April and May are totally out for us.

===========

hahaha. OK lets see how. [rolleyes]

↡ Advertisement