Windscreen fog easily

Versatile

Hi Guys, my windscreen fog easily esp during raining days. Is there any way i can prevent it from fogging? The fogging is damn serious for my case as the fog covers my whole windscreen and i have to use my wiper to clear it off everytime.

↡ Advertisement

Hi Guys, my windscreen fog easily esp during raining days. Is there any way i can prevent it from fogging? The fogging is damn serious for my case as the fog covers my whole windscreen and i have to use my wiper to clear it off everytime.

use your wiper cost alot of electricity issit ?

(edited)

use your wiper cost alot of electricity issit ?

The usage of wiper is like every 10sec which i don't agreed it should be this way. Hence, this thread is to seek helps and constructive comments with regards to the above subject especially for anyone that have the same issue like me.

Maybe it doesn't happen to you cos you have B20 engine VTECCCCCCCCCCH just kick in yooooo.

Edited by Versatile

Neutral Newbie

Hi.

maybe u can try to apply RainX (or any product similar...) on your windscreen.

Regards

Your aircon too cold? blowing directly from the vent in front of your dash to the windscreen?

(edited)

Your aircon too cold? blowing directly from the vent in front of your dash to the windscreen?

I believe so. The aircon is extremely cold esp on rainy weather. It took only few min to fog my whole damn windscreen. My aircon vent is not pointing directly on my windows.. but still get fog.

I heard about rainx, does it really helpes? I got very visible shampoo marks especially w/ fog. Is there anyway i can get ride of it too? Not sure whether does it came from outside or inside.. but it always happen when the fog cover my windscreen.

Beside rainx, anymore recommended windscreen polish/wash i can use external or internally?

TIA.

Edited by Versatile

I believe so. The aircon is extremely cold esp on rainy weather. It took only few min to fog my whole damn windscreen. My aircon vent is not pointing directly on my windows.. but still get fog.

I heard about rainx, does it really helpes? I got very visible shampoo marks especially w/ fog. Is there anyway i can get ride of it too? Not sure whether does it came from outside or inside.. but it always happen when the fog cover my windscreen.

Beside rainx, anymore recommended windscreen polish/wash i can use external or internally?

TIA.

How old is your wiper blade? rubber deteriorate under UV, you may want to change your wiper blade.

Also Singapore humidity is high. If your aircon too cold, condensation will take place outside your glass.

Similarly, if you go to winter country where outside is colder than inside, than the condensation is inside the window glass.

Therefore must turn on aircon compressor to reduce the humidity but set at heater (red region) position to keep warm and select the button "blowing at your leg"

Neutral Newbie

sorry ot abit...

u drivin avante?

not sure abt u but myself find my avante air con not so cold compared

to altis one..coldness jus so-so only.

anyway mayb u can play w ur temp or fan settings to ensure optimum

coldness..imho [:)]

How old is your wiper blade? rubber deteriorate under UV, you may want to change your wiper blade.

Also Singapore humidity is high. If your aircon too cold, condensation will take place outside your glass.

Similarly, if you go to winter country where outside is colder than inside, than the condensation is inside the window glass.

Therefore must turn on aircon compressor to reduce the humidity but set at heater (red region) position to keep warm and select the button "blowing at your leg"

My car only 2mth only.. so shouldn't be wiper blade issue. However, i don't have such issue during hot days.. only happens especially during rainy days. And the fog is extremely hazard to drive..

sorry ot abit...

u drivin avante?

not sure abt u but myself find my avante air con not so cold compared

to altis one..coldness jus so-so only.

anyway mayb u can play w ur temp or fan settings to ensure optimum

coldness..imho [:)]

Yes, driving the new FL avante.

You're right.. only when i turn my coolness to 2 bar up then the fog will disappear..

Hi, u can try changing your aircon mode to non circulating during rainy daily. The reason y it fog up is likely due to the cold air circulating within your car thus causing the fog.

Hi, u can try changing your aircon mode to non circulating during rainy daily. The reason y it fog up is likely due to the cold air circulating within your car thus causing the fog.

Bingo! This the right answer. I believe this is what the manual says too.

===============

Er.....If u on your AC, the fogging wil go away.

If the fogging is outside, just use your wiper to clear it, cos if raining, u still need to use the wiper to clear the rain. Sometimes its very cold & humid outside so u get misting on the outside even when its not raining.

Not a problem as no harm wil come of it.

TIA.

==============

U can try a small amt of Armourall. The type used to wipe on the dash & plastic parts. It helps to prevent fogging on the inside glass. Even car wax can b lightly applied.

My car only 2mth only.. so shouldn't be wiper blade issue. However, i don't have such issue during hot days.. only happens especially during rainy days. And the fog is extremely hazard to drive..

=============

Check the setting of your air vents. Maybe got cold air blowing out fron the windscreen vents. Sometimes the adjuster not working properly.

last time my fren Chrysler Grand Voyager got this problem. I just place some cloth or mat to cover his windscreen vents & the problem solved. If he bring to the agent to fix it, prob cost $1K. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

===========

Like this sud b worse cos outside air is very humid on rainy day & u allowing more humidity into the car.

Okay guys, i think i roughly know what causes the fog. My aircon was set to "MAX" instead of the default blow straight.

However, i'm unable to determine unless it starts pouring again. Thanks many MCFers for your help. :wub:

Bingo! This the right answer. I believe this is what the manual says too.

With due respect, don't follow manual blindly and try to understand why the manual recommend these steps.

When in doubt, always go back to basic.

In this case physic.

For fog to form, the temperature, humidity, air pressure must meet at dew point.

Once we understand this concept, life get a lot easier when you travel the world.

just my humble opinion

↡ Advertisement