Aircon cool-hot.. what's wrong?

Blackyv

ok, bil checked the aircon fan... with engine running, aircon running, the fan is moving.. so, can i say aircon fan faulty is out?... next nearest possibility is fault compressor clutch?..uumm....

Go to aircon specialized workshops like Mark Cool to get it diagnosed.....

↡ Advertisement

Yep, Markcool or Tomika is your BIL best bet. No point guessing here and there.

East or West, go Tomika.

North, go Markcool.

when idle, you engine rpm will be low, so the air con compressor will run slower thus not that cold. but if it is warm air, there could be 2 reason.

1) your air con is those manual one and not thermostat control. if u are not full turn to the coldest, the divider will still let some warm air in from the heater itself.

2) ur air con compressor clutch is weak, 2 reason for this, wear and tear or air con relate switch is failing.

test and solution,

1) turn ur air con knob to the coldest and see it works or not.

2) if the clutch is weak, try replace the switch relay from other switch relay in ur car circuit. it usually under ur bonnet or under ur dashboard. if this work, got get new relay switch for ur air con. else ur clutch is wear out already/

saw a bro mention that the battery weak, well when driving, ur alternator should be more powerful than ur battery. and electricity should be provide by the alternator instead. as such, if the electical current is weak, mean ur alternator is wear out or ur alternator is not rotated fast enuff. if so get it change :) to do a simple test on ur alternator, use a voltmeter and see ur car voltage when engine is running and idle. it should measure ard 14.5 v

• Praise 1

Could it be an aircon filter issue?

I realise that aircon filter is something which a lot of people fails to change or maintain it.

aircon filter will be minor impact on air con cold hot directly.It could be also bad or faulty fan motor.

just ask for my bil... he is driving a wish... recently, theaircon is not functioning normally... when driving or car moving,,... aircon is cool.. normal... but when stationary, the aircon suddenly will become not coold and blow hot air sometimes....... what's wrong??...

he asked a ws and that mechanics said dont know where blocked and need to strip open everything to check and that cost $700-$800 bucks.... i suspect that's bs ..if chocked, it will not be cool, right?.. and not intermittent...

anyone has such similar problem before??... [:p]

Bumping up this thread when I did a search... what was the problem in the end?

1) You changed car after that so heck care bt the aircon?

2) Aircon fan?

3) Changed compressor?

4) Something else

I am having the same problem on my Lancer EX. Only in jams that my aircon is not cold.

2) Aircon fan?

3) Changed compressor?

4) Something else

I am having the same problem on my Lancer EX. Only in jams that my aircon is not cold.

maybe is your air con compressor magnetic clutch going to up lorry soon.

2) Aircon fan?

3) Changed compressor?

4) Something else

Most work shops will say compressor spoilt and cost will be around $600 plus to replace new ones. I would not be surprise this is how all re-con compressors start sprouting. From my limited experience, why dont u do the following before spending big money.

a. Check your air-con clutch. Maybe just need cleaning up.

b. Sent your air-con for maintenace. This will diagnose the "strength" of your aircon and drain off old liquid and replace new ones.

It works for me both times on my previous car. :mellow:

2) Aircon fan?

3) Changed compressor?

4) Something else

Check if your radiator fan is working.

Most work shops will say compressor spoilt and cost will be around $600 plus to replace new ones. I would not be surprise this is how all re-con compressors start sprouting. From my limited experience, why dont u do the following before spending big money.

a. Check your air-con clutch. Maybe just need cleaning up.

b. Sent your air-con for maintenace. This will diagnose the "strength" of your aircon and drain off old liquid and replace new ones.

It works for me both times on my previous car. :mellow:

Yah. This is what I am afraid of. That is why I am asking for opinion first before heading down to the workshop. [:)]

Strength of aircon is normal otherwise -_-

2) Aircon fan?

3) Changed compressor?

4) Something else

Hehehe, my bil scrap it and bought an ody.. didnt bother to repair.... ... [laugh]

Yah. This is what I am afraid of. That is why I am asking for opinion first before heading down to the workshop. [:)]

Strength of aircon is normal otherwise -_-

please provide a review of the WS you went to

2) Aircon fan?

3) Changed compressor?

4) Something else

Chk if yr ac fan located at e radiator comes on when u switch ac on.

Another is ac belt slipping. Or gas low.

Best u send to a couple of reliable ac shops to chk n troubleshoot fr u.

Having this prob now. When idling or caught in jam, my engine will heat up n aircon not cold. Normally temp gaug will b 3 bars out of 7. But when this happen, will go up to 4 bars.

The probs mentioned in this thread is only abt aircon...but mine affect my engine temp also. Any advise? Should i add water to my radiator?

Having this prob now. When idling or caught in jam, my engine will heat up n aircon not cold. Normally temp gaug will b 3 bars out of 7. But when this happen, will go up to 4 bars.

The probs mentioned in this thread is only abt aircon...but mine affect my engine temp also. Any advise? Should i add water to my radiator?

radiator fan or air con fan not running at max.There are 2 fan speed low and high. maybe high is kaput liow.

some have 1 big fan while others may have 2 smaller fans.

Jus went down to check. My radiator fan came off!!! Got dislodged from the fitting. Thats y not turning! My aircon moving, coolant level ok. Will any workshop b able to fix the fan? I wanted to try...but can seem to fit my hand inside.

↡ Advertisement