Aircon cool-hot.. what's wrong?

Blackyv

Jus went down to check. My radiator fan came off!!! Got dislodged from the fitting. Thats y not turning! My aircon moving, coolant level ok. Will any workshop b able to fix the fan? I wanted to try...but can seem to fit my hand inside.

need to take out the whole bracket casing to do it properly. its actually not difficult to take it out.

↡ Advertisement

Having this prob now. When idling or caught in jam, my engine will heat up n aircon not cold. Normally temp gaug will b 3 bars out of 7. But when this happen, will go up to 4 bars.

The probs mentioned in this thread is only abt aircon...but mine affect my engine temp also. Any advise? Should i add water to my radiator?

Chk yr radiator n ac fans. Likely one is not working.

Jus went down to check. My radiator fan came off!!! Got dislodged from the fitting. Thats y not turning! My aircon moving, coolant level ok. Will any workshop b able to fix the fan? I wanted to try...but can seem to fit my hand inside.

If u good at diy u can try to fix yrself. Just make sure ignition switch is off all e way.

Otherwise just get a ws to do fr u. A few bucks only. Or send to a good ac repair shop just so ty can chk everything fr u.

Neutral Newbie

The earlier problem it seem similar as mine. Aircon compressor issue. Get it change.

Can anyone recommend where to get a recon Aircon compressor for grandis?

The earlier problem it seem similar as mine. Aircon compressor issue. Get it change.

Can anyone recommend where to get a recon Aircon compressor for grandis?

If woodlands is ok go to Markcool. Look fr foreman Ah Huat.

He very good n honest. No cheating nonsense.

Ive been using him fr abt 20 yrs already.

Just let him check n give u options n quote then u decide. Dun do also he no problem.

Most work shops will say compressor spoilt and cost will be around $600 plus to replace new ones. I would not be surprise this is how all re-con compressors start sprouting. From my limited experience, why dont u do the following before spending big money.

a. Check your air-con clutch. Maybe just need cleaning up.

b. Sent your air-con for maintenace. This will diagnose the "strength" of your aircon and drain off old liquid and replace new ones.

It works for me both times on my previous car. :mellow:

Yes this worked for me too. Five yr old honda.

Neutral Newbie

If woodlands is ok go to Markcool. Look fr foreman Ah Huat.

He very good n honest. No cheating nonsense.

Ive been using him fr abt 20 yrs already.

Just let him check n give u options n quote then u decide. Dun do also he no problem.

Thkq.. I want to keep it low bcos left slightly more than couple more year I'm gg to chg another toy. [rolleyes]

Neutral Newbie

Just done ac refresher at 1st auto . They plug in a machine to the aircon gas inlet (2pt) , than start to vacuum dry ac gas from ac system, took 20min or so . The mech say this will also such out compressor oil. Does the ac refresher also such out compressor oil ?

Neutral Newbie

Just done ac refresher at 1st auto . They plug in a machine to the aircon gas inlet (2pt) , than start to vacuum dry ac gas from ac system, took 20min or so . The mech say this will also such out compressor oil. Does the ac refresher also such out compressor oil ?

Anyone can help , today aircon not cold again [bigcry]

Supersonic

If the workshop already refresh your air-con and top up air-con gas, and after a while air-con still not cold then maybe compressor kaput lo.

Supercharged

I also did the same ac refresher at 1st auto recently.

If your problem still persistent, then most likely your compressor or coil up lorry liao.

Go back to 1st auto or other reputable ws

Neutral Newbie

Today cold again. Question is the ac refresher really such out compressor oil? Becos the mech only put in 2pt at ac ,nv touch compressor at all . So wondering the mech got Smoke me anot. Any expert can advise?

dont pin point so quickly its the compressor. Firstly need to check the freon gas pressure. If there is no pressure, a major leak has occurred along the line.

If the gas pressure is still present, then its the compressor konk out.

Today cold again. Question is the ac refresher really such out compressor oil? Becos the mech only put in 2pt at ac ,nv touch compressor at all . So wondering the mech got Smoke me anot. Any expert can advise?

fresh compressor oil is introduced along with the filling of freon gas.

do not think you simply pour into the compressor... :ph34r:

↡ Advertisement