Aircon cool-hot.. what's wrong?

Blackyv

If yr AC is not cold when car is stationery n only gets cold when car is moving, likely yr AC fan located in the engine bay near the radiator is not working.

Just switch the AC on n off n see if a fan near the radiator comes on n off when u do so.

Some cars wil allow some fresh air in once in awhile even though u set it to Recirculate.

This ensures u get some fresh air into the cabin every little while to prevent too much carbonmonoxide build up in the cabin.

Its a safety issue so u dun feel sleepy when u driving.

Thanks.

Sylphy might have this, but I think you can override. Anyway, with the fumes and dust coming from the road it's much worse than

the amount of carbonmonoxide generated by the driver/passenger.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks.

Sylphy might have this, but I think you can override. Anyway, with the fumes and dust coming from the road it's much worse than

the amount of carbonmonoxide generated by the driver/passenger.

Yr car sud come with an AC filter to filter the air going into the cabin.

Maybe u can use those with carbon/charcoal to remove bad smells etc. Maybe it wil help.

Waaa p69. zaaaaiii!

[grin]

i know picanto dun have such filters

U sure Pica dun have? U need to ask the AC men to chk if hv or not.

Last time so many pple drive Optra say got filter but I search n search according to the diagram in the handbook but still cannot find the damm thing so I tot my model old design so dun have.

Until I went to the AC shop n asked. It was there. Hiding under the dash. Hahaha. [grin]

Now I can DIY change the AC filter when I feel the air is blocked. [flowerface]

Supercharged

Last time so many pple drive Optra say got filter but I search n search according to the diagram in the handbook but still cannot find the damm thing so I tot my model old design so dun have.

Until I went to the AC shop n asked. It was there. Hiding under the dash. Hahaha. [grin]

Now I can DIY change the AC filter when I feel the air is blocked. [flowerface]

I think most car manual (aka handbook) do not tell you where is the air filter. Mine also don't have. I don't know why they (the car makers) can left this item out.... [confused]

It was until my aircon need to top-up gas then the mechanic took it out to clean then I know where exactly was the filter (and it was dam dirty already).

I think most air con filters are located below the glovebox, on the passenger side, right/beside above the blower fan. I think.....

I think most car manual (aka handbook) do not tell you where is the air filter. Mine also don't have. I don't know why they (the car makers) can left this item out.... [confused]

It was until my aircon need to top-up gas then the mechanic took it out to clean then I know where exactly was the filter (and it was dam dirty already).

I think most air con filters are located below the glovebox, on the passenger side, right/beside above the blower fan. I think.....

Ya mine also below the glovebox but based on the drawing in the handbook, I just cud not find it. [dizzy]

Only when Ah Huat at markcool removed it then I saw where it was hiding. Hahaha.

Toking abt it, sud b time to change alrdy. I last changed a couple of years ago. [speechless]

[idea] Maybe I go Markcool n ask Ah Huat to chk my AC n get him to change the filter at the same time. Long time I never pay him a visit. [grin]

Ya mine also below the glovebox but based on the drawing in the handbook, I just cud not find it. [dizzy]

Only when Ah Huat at markcool removed it then I saw where it was hiding. Hahaha.

Toking abt it, sud b time to change alrdy. I last changed a couple of years ago. [speechless]

[idea] Maybe I go Markcool n ask Ah Huat to chk my AC n get him to change the filter at the same time. Long time I never pay him a visit. [grin]

a couple of yrs zhun Bo? Thot it's like 20k km or every yr? Maybe even less. Maybe u could update how's the condition like? Dun wannabe breathing too unhealthily.

a couple of yrs zhun Bo? Thot it's like 20k km or every yr? Maybe even less. Maybe u could update how's the condition like? Dun wannabe breathing too unhealthily.

Dunno leh. I just use only n still got cold air come out so Im happy. I dun drive with my window open n system is always on Recirculate so no outside air come in. I also hv those ionioniser so it helps to keep the air inside the car clean.

Just that I also wan Ah Huat to just give my AC a through check so good excuse is ask him to change the AC filter then aks him chk my AC how. Hee.

Long time I never pay him a visit so I miss him lor. Hahaha.

Dunno leh. I just use only n still got cold air come out so Im happy. I dun drive with my window open n system is always on Recirculate so no outside air come in. I also hv those ionioniser so it helps to keep the air inside the car clean.

Just that I also wan Ah Huat to just give my AC a through check so good excuse is ask him to change the AC filter then aks him chk my AC how. Hee.

Long time I never pay him a visit so I miss him lor. Hahaha.

then u must dust n wash car mat. That most likely the source of air contaminants. Next is ur fabric seats, unless u have leather. Keep posted about the state of ur AC filter bro, Tia.

then u must dust n wash car mat. That most likely the source of air contaminants. Next is ur fabric seats, unless u have leather. Keep posted about the state of ur AC filter bro, Tia.

Ya my mats r cleaned regularly. Seats r leather.

Last time I also change AC filter abt 2 yrs only. That time the air-flow a bit slow so Ah Huat recommend to change.

Now the air-flow still OK leh.

Ya my mats r cleaned regularly. Seats r leather.

Last time I also change AC filter abt 2 yrs only. That time the air-flow a bit slow so Ah Huat recommend to change.

Now the air-flow still OK leh.

ok i'll take note the air flow. didn't realize that.

Can I check with you guys. My motor (1 unit) is not working but car is scrapping in a few months time. To change the motor cost me $500 plus. If I don't change, will it affect the other motor? Can I just leave it?

Can I check with you guys. My motor (1 unit) is not working but car is scrapping in a few months time. To change the motor cost me $500 plus. If I don't change, will it affect the other motor? Can I just leave it?

your "motor" referring to aircon compressor or engine cylinder?

if compressor, go to change a 2nd hand one lah, about 200+

Edited by MQX87511

your "motor" referring to aircon compressor or engine cylinder?

if compressor, go to change a 2nd hand one lah, about 200+

I don't know. Because fan not turning and they told me it's the motor. Must change?