Bubbles in radiator

Ruggles

Neutral Newbie

Lets give him the benefit of doubt, he maybe referring to combustion gases leaking into the cooling system via the cylinder head gasket. We must not assume that all mechanics have the opportunity to undergo formal or approved training programms.

Sorry for bringing up the OT.

I am driving a pre-fl nissan sunny n16.

My car has this symptom and I suspect my car's cylinder head gasket is leaking gases. Because every morning before I start the car, I noticed the coolant reservoir will overflow while the coolant in radiator remained low. And while opening the rad cap, I can hear the air/gas escaping.

I tried siphoning the excess and reused it to top-up the radiator. It will go back to the same overflow problem after a few days i.e. I'll siphone the coolant down to the minimum level, not max, while the coolant in the radiator is top-up to the neck, but after a few days it went back to the max level of the reserved reservoir. My temp gauge does not shows overheating. [drivingcar]

Is it head gasket problem or thermostats or other problem?

Anyone has encountered this problem before and how much is the damage?

Any reliable and reputable workshop to recommend?

I'm asking around so that won't kenna [knife]

↡ Advertisement

Hi all recently i was testing the integrity of my fl n16 sunny's cooling system. Wat i did was open the rad cap after park overnight. Noted water slightly below the lower brim of rad. Start engine & idle. During initial idle the water level started rising till overflow the brim however when its hot ard 1/2 on the temp gauge & fan started running the water level started going down & bubbles started forming on the water surface. When fan stop the water level rises again & cycle repeats. Is this normal?

no problem even with the previous EG there were some bubbles

Put ur hand into the radiator cooler, den u will automatically know why there is bubble.

he wont know unless u tell him to put his hand into the radiator cooler after driving his car for at least 1/2 an hour... [laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement