• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
545 replies to this topic | 1,330 praises

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    Banned

we need a house to live in, food to survive. etc. these can be really called needs.

Can we really say we need a car in singapore?

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:03 PM

HOUSENUMBER
  • Premium member
    HOUSENUMBER
    4th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

what if u are a family guy do you need it ?

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:09 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

we need a house to live in, food to survive. etc. these can be really called needs.

Can we really say we need a car in singapore?

Car in Singapore is just a convenient tool and status symbol. I need a car to move around in Malaysia though. This car spends most of the time in Malaysia than in SG and hardly drink Singapore petrol laugh.gif.

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:20 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Even with so many ppl driving during peak hours, the public transports are still packed to the brim. So one can imagine what happens when no one drives in Sgp and everyone takes public transport. Some of the passengers will have to sit on top of buses and trains just like in Bangladesh. biggrin.gif

Jokes aside, with our current population and public transport system I would say it's a need for some of us but not all. Largely depends on our public transport. If frequencies of trains & buses are improved, shorter waiting time and reasonable fares I'm sure the needs of a car will be less. But I highly doubt that will even happen at all.
Vinceng and Philipkee praised this
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:21 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    Banned

family guy or not....singapore is only 42 km long. taxis can still get the family man to where he wants

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:24 PM

HOUSENUMBER
  • Premium member
    HOUSENUMBER
    4th Gear
    Author Image

dont u know what is convenience ? besides for those family who always goes out together most of the time.

so is this a need or want ? how about you?

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:25 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

A question which never have the 'correct' answer...
Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:32 PM

Kelpie
  • Kelpie
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

A question which never have the 'correct' answer...

If driving is a need then we may not have COE or ERP liao mellow.gif .

Regards,
Disclaimer:
The above comments are solely my perspectives. You may disagree with it for I shall not be liable for whatever I may have input. You may feel displeased which in this case, my sincere apologies and do kindly seek moderator's advice if need be. Any obscene & threatening comments on me is a reflection of your personality. My motto is we agree to disagree. No profanity or obscenities of any kind. No personal attacks on other users. Thank you.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:36 PM

Xspace
  • Xspace
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Anyway, Chn 5 is talking about it now...

Please follow the signature guidelines.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:45 PM

2bfree
  • 2bfree
    4th Gear
    Author Image

U dun need a house, u jus a need a roof over ur head. U dun need food to survive, u need air & water, just imagine a "vege" patient.
U dun need to wear clothes, jus cover ur "modesty" from us. U dun need transport, u have legs. Everything since human evolution are not needs but wants. isnt it obvious? All that a livng human need is just to breathe, feed/drink & to survive. So a car is definitely a WANT.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

not necessary, thousands are doing fine without one tongue.gif
骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:49 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

family guy or not....singapore is only 42 km long. taxis can still get the family man to where he wants

taxi??? r u kidding??? u know how long is the queue to take cab?? got one time i dont drive to compass point cos i thought its near to my home. go by lrt and went back want to take cab and queue more than half an hour and i bought a lot of groceries. one of my relatives used to take cab and he say car is useless in sg but after 3 yrs, he bought a new Fit and last week he told me that with honda fit, he save more money than take cab!!
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:52 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Anyway, Chn 5 is talking about it now...

Hearing what the guests said, need or luxury....

i think i can do without the car.... i am not even in sales sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

the host tone down a lot this week rolleyes.gif

骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 18 April 2010 - 10:59 PM

Yellowrx8
  • Yellowrx8
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ya lor... Sibei boring liao... Host no longer shoots

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:04 PM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hearing what the guests said, need or luxury....

i think i can do without the car.... i am not even in sales sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

the host tone down a lot this week rolleyes.gif

Actually I dun need a car also. But I have to give support to the car manufacturers otherwise a lot of ppl will loose their jobs. What will their families rely on. So I must not be selfish and only think for myself. I must buy cars to save ppl from losing their jobs. biggrin.gif
The chosen one will bring balance to the Force...I mean Singapore. Even star wars do not reserve "the chosen one" to a sith lord or a jedi or a wookie.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

Mrlau
  • Mrlau
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes. It is a need.

You need a car to show to others you are successful and better than them.

You can't prove to others you are more superior if you were to queue for taxi or squeeze in bus.

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:06 PM

Thaiyotakamli
  • Premium member
    Thaiyotakamli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Actually I dun need a car also. But I have to give support to the car manufacturers otherwise a lot of ppl will loose their jobs. What will their families rely on. So I must not be selfish and only think for myself. I must buy cars to save ppl from losing their jobs. biggrin.gif

good excuse thumbsup.gif laugh.gif
Dont get confused between my personality & my attitude...

My personality is who I am...

My attitude depends on who you are...

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:10 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    Banned

Yes. It is a need.

You can't prove to others you are more superior if you were to queue for taxi or squeeze in bus.

that's why we have people coming here to boast about their cayman and mercedes. they want to feel superior

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:12 PM

Picanto
  • Premium member
    Picanto
    Banned

dont u know what is convenience ? besides for those family who always goes out together most of the time.

so is this a need or want ? how about you?

family going out together does not justify that the car is a need. without one, its very troublesome to move around. but troublesome does not mean that we need it

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:13 PM

Mrlau
  • Mrlau
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Yes. It is a need.

Beside that you dont want to be one of the other unseccessful 4 million Singaporean that can't afford to own car.

Just imagine one day, your son come back from school telling you, his classmate's dad drive a Honda FIT, why you don't have car ?
No face right ?

And all your colleagues are discussing and complaining about ERP but you have no idea of it ! No face right ?

So, it is a need.

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users