Cars in Singapore... Need or Wants?

Picanto

Neutral Newbie

Once you said YES, and you said will not sell your car ?

Yes or No ? [laugh]

In you were in this forum long enough, you should know everyone saying car is symbol of status.

give those retard ppl who says big car is not status symbol, 10 million dollars to spend in one day, see whether these retards will go chiong & buy a lambo or not.

↡ Advertisement

Once you said YES, and you said will not sell your car ?

Yes or No ? [laugh]

In you were in this forum long enough, you should know everyone saying car is symbol of status.

opps i just confused myself! [laugh]

my wife and i did consider selling the car... or converting to weekend plate...

but i do use it often during office hours on weekdays...

so i think i will not sell...

but will or will not sell my car what has it got to do with being successful anot??? i wish i could drive a BMW... but really i dont have so much spare cash... so i am not successful??? [confused]

Alamak... my cars all are want liao....

Non of mine cross 20,000km a year mark...

My Odeyssey is around 20,000km a year.

The other 2 less than 10,000km for sure. [rolleyes]

Between 10k to 25k is 50-50, to some maybe a need, others maybe a want. Case by case lah. But <10k/yr is basically under utlising the car. Don't u agree?

all you people say ppl retard but you yrself is also one kind.

do you fell confident if local listed company CEO/ directors drive a proton, cherry?

do you feel good if SAF's BGs & Cols, our dear MPs driving picanto?

will your boss drive a car smaller/cheaper than you? or you "automatic" must drive smaller/cheaper car than yr boss? fear of ganna mark?

do all towkays drive VIOS to meet customer?

comeon, all talk c0ck only... when some vendors or agent wants to propose you some mega projects, you will see car, paid up capital or their office if can make or not right? if he drives COE paid car, what's in yr mind then???? will you drive your COE paid car with them for lunch & KTV isit???

for S'porean, appearance/ face is very impt.

Please don TCSS here.

i agree with all that you said.... and bottom line is still a car is a want... but to many the 'want' is actually a 'need'....

so as one of the cookie monsters has said... cant afford car is a need... cant afford car is a want... [:)]

by the way, forum is to TCSS.... [laugh] you want to read facts go library...

Neutral Newbie

Come on lah, touch your heart and ask yourself ....

With your current affordability and your archievement, will you sell your car ?

1) Squeeze in the bus ?

2) Queuing for Taxi ?

3) Ride a motocycle ?

TCSS only.

they will buy bigger & more expensive cars, to show got power...and also cannot lose to their relatives & neighbours.

these selfish retards just wants more ppl to give up driving so that they themselve can drive in a jam free road every morning.

if no hunger for status/ power, it means everyone in S'pore will settle fo a one litre car, or a motorcycles.

even after it becomes an addiction... it is STILL a want and not a need because you still will not die without it..

water IS a need... without it you WILL die... -_-

debatable but true also...... depends are the one addicted to it anot? to some it is worse then death [:p]

Neutral Newbie

i agree with all that you said.... and bottom line is still a car is a want... but to many the 'want' is actually a 'need'....

so as one of the cookie monsters has said... cant afford car is a need... cant afford car is a want... [:)]

by the way, forum is to TCSS.... [laugh] you want to read facts go library...

Bigger Car = better chance to close orders

Bigger Car = better chance to "sian" chiobu (proven)

Bigger Car = small car will give way, except lorries (proven also)

Bigger Car = TP less likely to stop you

Bigger Car = Companies security guards will give you a super big smile and let you in

Bigger Car = ICT, camp guards will salute you even you are just a chow corporal.

Bigger Car = most events they will let you park easily.

Bigger Car = Good valet service

Bigger Car = Your in-laws will have face

Bigger Car = walk also got "airs"

Bigger Car = better service at all types of showrooms.

Bigger Car = rich, literally

define Bigger car.

so, who wants to buy a big car now?? COE 60K this week.

Edited by Theone2010

Alamak... my cars all are want liao....

Non of mine cross 20,000km a year mark...

My Odeyssey is around 20,000km a year.

The other 2 less than 10,000km for sure. [rolleyes]

Well, one of your cars is a GTR - and that's 100% in the "want" category.

(No a "Need for Speed" doesn't count). [laugh]

Bigger Car = better chance to close orders - Smaller car cheaper to close and faster to close leh some more can close more deal

Bigger Car = better chance to "sian" chiobu (proven) - Drive small car (mini copper S) also can sian chiobu wor maybe better chance

Bigger Car = Companies security guards will give you a super big smile and let you in - I small car also get same treatment

Bigger Car = ICT, camp guards will salute you even you are just a chow corporal.

Bigger Car = Good valet service - My lau pork Kar also get same service leh

Bigger Car = better service at all types of showrooms. - my Lau pork kar same service center as Merc

define Bigger car.

Neutral Newbie

In all seriousness, I don't really care if you need or want a car as long as I can drive my car regardless of I need it or want it.

That, I believe is what 99.99% of all car owners in SG thinks.

Neutral Newbie

Well, one of your cars is a GTR - and that's 100% in the "want" category.

(No a "Need for Speed" doesn't count). [laugh]

GTR is Need and Want ....

I bought it because i WANT to fulfil my dream of owning and driving a GTR.

I NEED a GTR to fulfil my dream.

LOL ^_^

Jokes aside... it is really a want. In singapore you don't really need such car. In fact it is quite boring to drive the GTR in Sg road.... In Malaysia it is different especially in Sepang... but too bad so far only brought it to Sepang twice... so most of the time it is a White elephant parking at home... or running slowly on SG road...

GTR is Need and Want ....

I bought it because i WANT to fulfil my dream of owning and driving a GTR.

I NEED a GTR to fulfil my dream.

LOL ^_^

Jokes aside... it is really a want. In singapore you don't really need such car. In fact it is quite boring to drive the GTR in Sg road.... In Malaysia it is different especially in Sepang... but too bad so far only brought it to Sepang twice... so most of the time it is a White elephant parking at home... or running slowly on SG road...

I can feel your pain. Driving sports car in Singapore is frastating. Other than the high price & insurance, we are always stuck in traffic, & roads are crowded. 99% of roads are either expressway or school/neighbour/city/town zones. No resposible drivers should drive hard under these condition. Hardly any of the "Top-gear"(Quiet & open Country roads & winding Mountain passes) roads to have an enjoyable ride, in any car, for that matter.

Some idiots will still zip around traffic, & thanks to these people, our insurance so high, some company don't even wanna quote.

Supercharged

dont have colognes and purfumes and deorderants will die anot? if wont die THEN ITS NOT A NEED...

[laugh]

will not die but if u stink, u will probably be a social outcast...

n if u happen to take bus or mrt, u 100% guarantee will get in without squeezing or even get a seat cos the the ventilation system can be really bad during peak hrs.

so having said that, car can be a need to some but want to others. just that we can't help it if some pple choose to splurge on their car & broadcast on a public forum or worse starts to condemn other pple's choice of private transport.

Obviously it's a want for some, and a need for some.

Let's give this scenario. You are out shopping, or going to Ikea. You need to get your stuff home (pretty bulky), and it's raining heavily.

Which would you prefer, public transport or car?

I understand Singapore's unique position, that we are a small country and that we cannot accomodate everyone. Maybe that's what we should look at (the population), instead of blindly blaming the transport system.

For me, I'm a car lover since young. I absolutely adore cars and enjoy the sensation of driving. I don't see my long term future in this country because I can never be fully satisfied with my passion in Singapore.

Edited by Benarsenal

Bigger Car = better chance to close orders

Bigger Car = better chance to "sian" chiobu (proven)

Bigger Car = Companies security guards will give you a super big smile and let you in

Bigger Car = Good valet service

Bigger Car = better service at all types of showrooms.

define Bigger car.

As a matter of fact ... I fully agree with you! [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement