Cars in Singapore... Need or Wants?

Picanto

no matter got family or not, it's still a want. the reality is SG is small enough to get by with public transport, albeit the discomfort. It's only a need when the car generates income for a person in a sales job for instance. if not, it's always a want.

bro

do you know how hard it is for 1 person to squeeze aboard some buses or the mrt at peak hours???

1 person!

imagine a FAMILY.

not possible.

↡ Advertisement

i feel so guilty for spending so much money and creating so much carbon.

thinking of downgrading to an E240, family car, can already.

bro

do you know how hard it is for 1 person to squeeze aboard some buses or the mrt at peak hours???

1 person!

imagine a FAMILY.

not possible.

you talk like no one in singapore take bus or mrt, you mean those families i see everyday some with father n mother holding 2 kids and carrying 1 baby in the train are alien :wacko: :wacko:

i dont think you seriously try that before but just imagine the horrify picture of a family squeezing into a bus [hur] [hur]

you talk like no one in singapore take bus or mrt, you mean those families i see everyday some with father n mother holding 2 kids and carrying 1 baby in the train are alien :wacko: :wacko:

i dont think you seriously try that before but just imagine the horrify picture of a family squeezing into a bus [hur] [hur]

Some more with a Pram [sweatdrop] (2 kids, 1 pram & baby). Actually should count ourselves lucky driving a car, be it big or small, expensive or cheap [thumbsup] .

Regards,

Want - only drive at weekends to chauffer the wife around.

Cos if I don't, she says a lot of other men will be waiting to

pick her up.

I think she is kidding. Its impossible to get a taxi during peak

hour or when its raining! :D

Edited by Jamesc

i think need to make a difference between need and basic need....basic need like house is just a shelter...u no need 5 room....4 room or 3 room....basically 1 room is enough....as long as it cover you from rain and shine....and from the external environment and keep you safe....so a bigger hse than required should be also consider a "want" already...

I think car is a between a need and want....yes...but it is not a basic need....it is a chicken and egg thing...

Its a need for some people.....

I dont think that it is more of a want......

But more of a need.....

In terms of each person....

But if a person has like 2-3 vehicles...its more like a want......

Got a car, van n bike????LOL....

Want - only drive at weekends to chauffer the wife around.

Cos if I don't, she says a lot of other men will be waiting to

pick her up.

I think she is kidding. Its impossible to get a taxi during peak

hour or when its raining! :D

She is not joking lah. a lot of taxi are driven by man mah [laugh]

She is not joking lah. a lot of taxi are driven by man mah [laugh]

Its subjective

When I wan to buy my car, its a want. (I dun need more than 1.6l, no need more than 150hp etc etc)

When she wants me to buy her a car, its a need. (must be swee swee car)

See, subjective. -_-

i think need to make a difference between need and basic need....basic need like house is just a shelter...u no need 5 room....4 room or 3 room....basically 1 room is enough....as long as it cover you from rain and shine....and from the external environment and keep you safe....so a bigger hse than required should be also consider a "want" already...

I think car is a between a need and want....yes...but it is not a basic need....it is a chicken and egg thing...

Not exactly true for this. I have a family size of 8ppl, how to squeeze into 1 room?

Not exactly true for this. I have a family size of 8ppl, how to squeeze into 1 room?

now see if a family man have 6 family member convince to get a car for a need anot or like u say '8ppl squeeze into 1 room'

now see if a family man have 6 family member convince to get a car for a need anot or like u say '8ppl squeeze into 1 room'

Car and house different leh.

How to convince a family man to buy car for 6 family member when most cheap car are only 5 seater, [laugh]

and dont u mean big family need big house ? a simple toyota wish will do rite? and the way i am implying it is the same concept of what u said

Toyota wish is nearly 100K liao leh. factor this in, its still a want not a need.

afterall, how often do a family of 6 need to go out together?

my car, 6 day is around 2 person using it. 1 day a week then will it be full. i have a family of 7 living together and we dont even go out together so often to need a wish wor.

BTW even wish is too small for a family of 6. the last seat taken up then no space to put other stuff.

Edited by Joseph22

well do ppl know what are concept? does concept car are being sold? is just a CONCEPT besides if that family could afford it for convenience for his big family why not?

well do ppl know what are concept? does concept car are being sold? is just a CONCEPT besides if that family could afford it for convenience for his big family why not?

strawman [:p]

dont know what you want to achieve. Its okay to have bigger car i am not saying it is not. but its more of a want and not a need in singapore compare to house if you got big family lah.

I am okay with ppl getting bigger car, in fact if i have the money, i want to buy Estima. [laugh]

Edited by Joseph22
↡ Advertisement