Does this consider jumping queue?

Bluepica

Scenario:-

keppel viaduct towards TB exit.

lane 3 long queue slow moving vehicle, maybe about 50km/h.

If I slowly cut in slightly before reaching the exit, does that consider as jumping queue? (no double line and far before reaching the chevron)

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

If I slowly cut in slightly before reaching the exit, does that consider as jumping queue? (no double line and far before reaching the chevron)

Lane three = going straight or dedicated turning lane? I tink that lane is dedicated turning lane right?

My opinion? If merge while heavy vehicles are still coming out then not queue jumping, if merge after is clear that all vehicles are turning then a little bit dubious, but onmly queue jumping if you have to force your way in.

Neutral Newbie

I dunno if classifying this as queue-jumping will do anything to stop people from doing it. Anyway, this is what I saw which happened to one guy trying to pull a similar stunt.

Place: Mandai Rd exit to BKE,

Time: some time around 6pm

Date: 2~3 days ago (old already..cannot remember)

Car 1 (Red Mazda 5) use lane 2 to jump queue in lane 3 all the way to the entrance to BKE

Car 1 try to force into the entrance without signalling;

Car 2 (Avante) did not stop in time;

Car 1 bang onto Car 2;

Car 1 + Car 2 blocked the entire filter lane entrance;

Lane 3 jam lagi worse.......

You decide.

Lane three = going straight or dedicated turning lane? I tink that lane is dedicated turning lane right?

My opinion? If merge while heavy vehicles are still coming out then not queue jumping, if merge after is clear that all vehicles are turning then a little bit dubious, but onmly queue jumping if you have to force your way in.

Dedicated turn arrow starts about 200m away, but queue is further than that... this is just a scenario at this location.

It also applicable to other situation as well, what is consider "filtering in" or "queue jumping".

Neutral Newbie

Gilgamesh i think u are referring to mandai entrance to BKE right?

That is a hotspot where accidents always happen cos ppl jump queue. My safest option is, use lane 1, then at jam area where everyone is cutting into lane 3, you cut into lane 2. finally at traffic light, turn left, where you are not supposed to! whoolah, go up to BKE!

Pls don't report me! just my recommendation! :ph34r:

I think deep down inside your conscience will tell you....no need to ask

This one is a good one. If you think you are correct, you will never admit you are wrong, just like Q jumping. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

That is a hotspot where accidents always happen cos ppl jump queue. My safest option is, use lane 1, then at jam area where everyone is cutting into lane 3, you cut into lane 2. finally at traffic light, turn left, where you are not supposed to! whoolah, go up to BKE!

[smash][thumbsdown][shakehead] This is worse than queue cutting!

Neutral Newbie

Yes i admit that has been bad [bigcry][bigcry] ... actually the best option is to:

1. Go on lane 1

2. U-turn on u-turn area after traffic light

3. approaching traffic light turn right up to BKE

the other alternative

1. Go staight along along mandai road

2. turn left at woodlands road

3. go straight again and go up KJE/BKE

I used to do that when travelling there, but heard from my friend she got caught doing that. After her's incident, I will go straight and do a U turn, and do a right turn onto BKE. Lagi faster than going into queue.

I dunno if classifying this as queue-jumping will do anything to stop people from doing it. Anyway, this is what I saw which happened to one guy trying to pull a similar stunt.

Place: Mandai Rd exit to BKE,

Time: some time around 6pm

Date: 2~3 days ago (old already..cannot remember)

Car 1 (Red Mazda 5) use lane 2 to jump queue in lane 3 all the way to the entrance to BKE

Car 1 try to force into the entrance without signalling;

Car 2 (Avante) did not stop in time;

Car 1 bang onto Car 2;

Car 1 + Car 2 blocked the entire filter lane entrance;

Lane 3 jam lagi worse.......

You decide.

talking about this mandai road exit to bke, is it not confusing some road users?

the slip road to bke has been widen to 2 lanes last year but mandai road still only allow lane 3 vehicles to turn left.

the arrow on lane 3 should paint left turn traffic only and lane 2 should change to left turn and go straight traffic.

btw, what is Q-jumping/cutting?

my personal view, as long as you casue the vehicle behind you to step on his brake, it's consider q-cut.

Is there is no crossing of double-white line, then its not queue jumping.

Perhaps just a annoying late lane changing move, that will irritate other drivers.

No sign at the side of the road indicating that u muz q... Not like human q where signs indicate where the q starts... So not wrong to cut in.

I think deep down inside your conscience will tell you....no need to ask

there are many ppl with no intergrity, no concscience and even less shame. they consider it an achievement dat they can save a lot of time when jump queue. They probably view those motorist who queue properly as stupid.

To see queue cutting at its peak, try going to ECP towards Changi from west coast highway during evening, vehicles from VIVO/Harbour Front trying their luck to cut thru three lanes just to enter ECP with west coast highway traffic trying to cut to the left towards railway station/tanjong pagar.

Explaining this already cost me headache and I am facing this on a daily basis.

There is one question that is always on my mind, why can't those vehicles from harbour front/VIVO enter the ECP thru Shenton Way? Isn't it faster then having 5 lanes squeezing into the two-merge-into-one lane entrance before railway station?

Still need to ask meh........... [rifle]

↡ Advertisement