Been using K&N drop-in air filter for 2 weeks

Naresh

The K&N filter is good ! The car feels lighter now as compared to stock.

Anybody can review K&N closed air intake? I was thinking to change and experiment the performance gained. Am driving a Cerato Forte 1.6A 2010

Or are you referring to apollo closed pod intake?

putting an high flow air filter like K&N can help achieving higher top speed but in terms of improving response off the line, i doubt so......

"If you take a poo before you drive, that will gives you more performance gain than to put in the most expensive pod filter you can buy" [laugh]

haha.. true.. I don't feel any difference in performance when i switch to KNN.. but then thats not the reason I bought KNN..

Stock paper filter need to change regularly which is costly($20+ for original) and waste time (need go stockist to buy).. KNN can use like forever..maintenance is easy... convenient [thumbsup]

i also thought of changing to k&n drop in..where to get the cheapest for vios (old model)? the cheapest i noe is $90 at speedworks..(genting lane..so far for me!)

You can get from yi xuan at bishan...price sld be ard $90

putting an high flow air filter like K&N can help achieving higher top speed but in terms of improving response off the line, i doubt so......

the throttle body will get dirtier easily

I saw several aftermarket air filter in the market, ie k&n, green cotton, pipercross.

Anyone has recommendation among these?

Twincharged

I saw several aftermarket air filter in the market, ie k&n, green cotton, pipercross.

Anyone has recommendation among these?

Using HKS,not bad.

3rd Gear

Whatever is it, dont buy sponge type filters. They have poor filtration when dry and will breakdown and get suck into your engine even with proper maintenance with filter oil. Go with fabric based like k&n, apexi and etc. Btw make sure its genuine.

the throttle body will get dirtier easily

Agreed. The cost of frequent cleaning the throttle body would easily outweight a stock paper filter.

Stock is still the best and gives better low end or acceleration.

Twincharged

Agreed. The cost of frequent cleaning the throttle body would easily outweight a stock paper filter.

Stock is still the best and gives better low end or acceleration.

Agreed,old cars with carburettor will have better performance with K&N,modern cars,if you modified air filter,you need to 're-mapped' the ECU to gain performance.

using K&N and its OK. The myth is performance "improvement". The truth is more performance maintained.....cause new stock is the best but choke very fast and performance will drop very fast too....

you can try brand new stock, K&N or Hurricane...not much difference (using ODBII reader to map airflow profile, Fuel flow profile, acceleration....) BUT put in a 2 month old stock filter, K&N and Hurricane and the difference is very clear..dont even need ODBII reader to read...but anyway i tested and the air flow is reduced at the low end for the stock (leading to lower fuel flow = slower 'response') . The max airflow remains the same though.

Just got a piece of K&N filter from Amazon, $70 ++ inclusive of Delivery. Can't wait to get the fllter into my car.

Original Filter cost is going up and then now buying one K&N can last few servicing. Why not.

hahaha

Toyota Wish Owner.

I change my stock filter to K&N after 10K service and have been driving around for one month.

I can feel engine runing really smooth on exressway traveling 80-100km/h and no regret for the change.

Give a thumb up!! :a-good:

Supercharged

For me, I use stock filter on SG roads.  No difference between K&N and stock on SG roads.  Our roads are too short to "enjoy" the difference

I will switch to K&N when I go Malaysia NS highway.. this is where you will "enjoy" the difference.  shiok.........

want better power and smoother ride, get a better car

never believe that by changing to aftermarket air filter can increase power and smoother ride

stock is best

↡ Advertisement