Private Property: Good time now to buy or sell?

Kelfinity

Whats your feel? With private property/HDB prices going up, up and away, do you think now is the right time to sell? Or is there more leeway for price surge?

For discussion [:p]

Edited by Kelfinity
↡ Advertisement

Opinions only:

Almost definitely sell. But depends on how much you can make, of course. If you're having a place that's still developing, I'd say to rent out and wait.

Opinions only:

Almost definitely sell. But depends on how much you can make, of course. If you're having a place that's still developing, I'd say to rent out and wait.

Hmm, think for my case can only make 10% after factoring in all the comms, stamp duties, bank penalties. The place is in Balestier and just next to the developing Zhong Shan Park.

Holding 1 private as investment. But very low end property. Good thing is that I bought it way back in...2004 or 2005. Totally before the entire boom. So now it's nearly 100% profit, without taking into account rental. Another lucky thing is, after buying for ~3 years, gahbernment announced plan to build MRT right next to it (downtown line, bukit panjang). So, price went up. And developer bought over a mall there, going to tear it down and bring up another condo. Got other empty land parcels, so I think got potential for more develop. So I'll be holding it for another few years at least.

Anyway, because I got it for so cheap, the rental returns is pretty damned good (ratio), so no point selling.

Dream of getting enbloced. But don't think that will happen, haha.

Holding 1 private as investment. But very low end property. Good thing is that I bought it way back in...2004 or 2005. Totally before the entire boom. So now it's nearly 100% profit, without taking into account rental. Another lucky thing is, after buying for ~3 years, gahbernment announced plan to build MRT right next to it (downtown line, bukit panjang). So, price went up. And developer bought over a mall there, going to tear it down and bring up another condo. Got other empty land parcels, so I think got potential for more develop. So I'll be holding it for another few years at least.

Anyway, because I got it for so cheap, the rental returns is pretty damned good (ratio), so no point selling.

Dream of getting enbloced. But don't think that will happen, haha.

Wah bro, u very lucky. Its as gd as free rental income for you leh. So you think pty prices will continue to surge? I was just thinking whether prices will correct abit after all the up move.

Honestly, no. Simply not sustainable. How are young people going to get a place of their own to stay? I'm lucky enough that my parents are financially smart and responsible, and that I grew up to be like them, pretty frugal, and all my investments so far has been timed -JUST- right, out of pure, dumb luck.

Aaaaaanyway. It will, at most, sustain at current level. Don't see another boom within the near future, especially considering still got a lot of units in pipeline.

Hope that it bursts, I'll take the chance to grab another. Felt very sad when I missed the chance last year/2008 because I felt for sure that it's going to drop some more.

Aiya....

Honestly, no. Simply not sustainable. How are young people going to get a place of their own to stay? I'm lucky enough that my parents are financially smart and responsible, and that I grew up to be like them, pretty frugal, and all my investments so far has been timed -JUST- right, out of pure, dumb luck.

Aaaaaanyway. It will, at most, sustain at current level. Don't see another boom within the near future, especially considering still got a lot of units in pipeline.

Hope that it bursts, I'll take the chance to grab another. Felt very sad when I missed the chance last year/2008 because I felt for sure that it's going to drop some more.

Aiya....

Yah man I bought mine in mid 08 when prices had softened alittle. Shld have bought it early last year during the crisis when prices came down a fair bit. Then can make some gd $$$... :angry:

Only my HDB is timed nicely... bought in 2004 and sitting on 100% profit. [cool]

Oh, yeah. Balestier district? Should be quite pricey. Especially near height.

My HDB bough about a year after my condo. But because in ulu location (for my own use only), I think 25% increase. Is okay lar. I'm happy with the place because I like quietness.

Now HDB all about.....$300K. Resale even more ridiculous, with people asking for 50K+ COV. Considering that newly weds should be making, like 6k-ish, just not very...realistic.

Neutral Newbie

Am in the market to get myself an aprtment for investment.

I think many owners are trying to sell at this moment with so many feel-good factors in the media (double digit GDP, etc). But there is a huge gulf in the asking price and the offering price. In my example, I submited an offer of 720k for a unit in D16 valued at 730k last month. The owner rejected the offer and am now listing the unit for 780k.

My conclusion is that supply has already surpassed demand and the owners must rely on their holding power if they insist on selling at their target price. Meanwhile, if you are selling a unit in D16 in the range of 750k, drop me an PM for a discussion.

Edited by Optix

Oh, yeah. Balestier district? Should be quite pricey. Especially near height.

My HDB bough about a year after my condo. But because in ulu location (for my own use only), I think 25% increase. Is okay lar. I'm happy with the place because I like quietness.

Now HDB all about.....$300K. Resale even more ridiculous, with people asking for 50K+ COV. Considering that newly weds should be making, like 6k-ish, just not very...realistic.

Yah lor. For a typical 5 rm hdb in central district.. can costs around $600k and above easily. $600k can get one good condo in good location in the past.

I think many owners are trying to sell at this moment with some many feel-good factors in the media (double digit GDP, etc). But there is a huge gulf in the asking price and the offering price. In my example, I submited an offer of 720k for a unit in D16 valued at 730k last month. The owner rejected the bid and am now listing the unit for 780k.

My conclusion is that supply has already surpassed demand and the owners must rely on their holding power if they insist on selling at their target price.

HDB?

Pretty much impossible to get HDB at below valuation price right now. 50k COV is the norm. I think I've even heard of 100k COV in Jurong East area, right beside boon lay mrt.

Crazy.

I think many owners are trying to sell at this moment with so many feel-good factors in the media (double digit GDP, etc). But there is a huge gulf in the asking price and the offering price. In my example, I submited an offer of 720k for a unit in D16 valued at 730k last month. The owner rejected the offer and am now listing the unit for 780k.

My conclusion is that supply has already surpassed demand and the owners must rely on their holding power if they insist on selling at their target price. Meanwhile, if you are selling a unit in D16 in the range of 750k, drop me an PM for a discussion.

Yup, it just gets higher every month. Maybe, its really time for me to let go...

Are u looking for a 2 bed roomer? Seems like 700k can only get that now.

Neutral Newbie

HDB?

Pretty much impossible to get HDB at below valuation price right now. 50k COV is the norm. I think I've even heard of 100k COV in Jurong East area, right beside boon lay mrt.

Crazy.

No, either those boutique apartment or condo. Have been priced out of freehold project so will have to be satisfied with leasehold.

I tested the market by putting my current HDB for sale, someone actually offered 45k COV. Not selling anytime soon.

No, either those boutique apartment or condo. Have been priced out of freehold project so will have to be satisfied with leasehold.

I tested the market by putting my current HDB for sale, someone actually offered 45k COV. Not selling anytime soon.

720K can get a unit @ D16? How big is it?

Neutral Newbie

Yup, it just gets higher every month. Maybe, its really time for me to let go...

Are u looking for a 2 bed roomer? Seems like 700k can only get that now.

Maybe you can list your unit to test the market. But be prepared to be harrassed by agents.

Trying for 3 roomer so that I can move into the apartment if I ever sell my HDB flat.

Neutral Newbie

720K can get a unit @ D16? How big is it?

The unit I placed an offer was 1100sqft. No planter boxes.

↡ Advertisement