Private Property: Good time now to buy or sell?

Kelfinity

Ya I find the location no good too - very deep in and have to walk 10 mins to the nearest LRT.  Quite inconvenient for my kids to travel in future. 

My house now - the LRT is just beside my block and I can choose to walk to either Buangkok or SK MRT if I dun want to take LRT.   After my car reaches 10 years, I may not drive liao.

Thanks ya. [thumbsup]

hor...now i know your exact block liao

got playground and pcf kindergarten below

:D

I told you already Singapore lang is like that one...

Muayhahahahahah

ehh...didn't realize i become FT already

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

You different.

You no need to be materialistic nor rat race.

You got it all. Whats the point?

Warren Buffett materialistic and ratrace boh?

Bill gates materialistic and ratrace boh?

Mostl people who ratrace and materialistic are CMI one.

You are the champ, the Topman.... please allow me to your next poolside party.

hor...now i know your exact block liao

got playground and pcf kindergarten below

wahahaha! So clever. noob79 lives the same area too.
  • Praise 1

i had lunch with colleague yesterday

during kopi time TCSS

one colleague mention he is moving

another colleague ask ... the first thing come out from the mouth was "private or hdb"

nabei ... in any country people will ask where do you move to?

in spore ... private or hdb? muahahaha

so ... if i move out from cck hdb

i have to move to a private even mickey mouse size

can hold house warming at club house ... lol

same lah.. 

if u buy car will ask asian or conti

new or used..

not comfortable or hows the FC like..

EC no good meh?  2 of my relatives also used to live in EC and private condo, both sold and live in HDB now, both find the facilities white elephant.

To me, more for my family lor, they swim a lot.  To me, I won't use the facilities much as I'm quite lazy.  [laugh] [laugh] .   I also need an additional bedroom for my growing kids as one of my HDB bedroom is damn small - too small to be a bedroom.

I always thot EC bedroom is worst than EC.

Looking at floor plans, cannot have a queen size bed with two side table and wardrobe.

At least HDB , at least in my case, can put a tv on the wall, two side table. Wardrope and a yoga mat.

• Praise 1

i had lunch with colleague yesterday

during kopi time TCSS

one colleague mention he is moving

another colleague ask ... the first thing come out from the mouth was "private or hdb"

nabei ... in any country people will ask where do you move to?

in spore ... private or hdb? muahahaha

so ... if i move out from cck hdb

i have to move to a private even mickey mouse size

can hold house warming at club house ... lol

Yes correct and the fact is middle income class people love to ratrace more than the rest.

That makes 90% of Singaporeans.

Muayhahahahahahaha

• Praise 1

Yes correct and the fact is middle income class people love to ratrace more than the rest.

That makes 90% of Singaporeans.

Muayhahahahahahaha

some of those in the 30s to 40s are still struggling to find what career choice makes sense in this new "equitable" island of FT and PR and Singaporean in this disruptive economy some called it MRT, I called it by what it is the great Digital divide.

Some more pragmatic than others are getting loan for their HDB while others are still chasing that Atas image of a poverty condo called EC by buying the most that their loan wont burst and wondering if 30 years is enough to pay them off with a view of hedging it against the market and sell when the prices goes up just to earn and switch to a better pte condo. Hoping against hope but are none the wiser if by then the pte condo will also move correspondingly higher.

And if you have children, which the current generation are avoiding because they do see the kind of opportunity that will exist as Singaporean with the way the hiring market and economy are shape. They just want to lead a life of status quo. So the number of reproduce singaporean becomes lower. Of course there are other who wants to have children and see a great and stable place to raise their kids and then return back to their country as well.

So they think of the children education and try to see how the next generation can pursue their dreams. Perhaps elsewhere. 

May be if we kept on the old formula 30 years back, it wont be so bad. ?

Have more population growth and we were bought up to chase after the 5C. So getting a poverty specs BMW 218 3 cylinder engine that we used to laugh at from Daihatsu isn't so bad after all.

You try to climb the corporate ladder and continue to kaotao to the boss just to meet the demands of your huge loans and suffer and fear for job losses because the boss need to sacrifice someone and that means you, to meet the shareholder equity returns and then there's the dirty word. "Get real. We don't owe u a living."

So you become greedy. Greedy for getting the next promotion or the next bonus but will never get because its always the bar has been raise and they average out your performance but the quota for next year will be 40% more than what you achieve this year. 

It has being in our culture for too long, thru material possession and ruthless "no one owes u a living" everyone starts to lose that kampong spirit where we leave no one behind becomes a vision rather than a mission statement.

You start to pursue your behalf and have something to show for it and thats how you are measured for success. Not the loving relationship of your wife. Not the amount of care you have time to share with your neighbours but by having 3 pointed stars car key and diesel perhaps plonk on the kopitiam table.

That's how you deem successful ?

You can use that formula but at this point in time in our situation and difficult time, for some who still thnks everything is super fine. This approach wont last .

It display a poverty of what your future lies and where you are headed in life.

This display of appearance over substance of what atas-ness over character.

Over short-term gains over lasting achievement is like a 30 sec commercial.

It compromises your value and your principals because you need to meet the numbers and by hook or by crook you need to do it.

To me the hallmark of sucess is what inclusion means, family values not happy happy divoice and move on to a china wife is what I consider sucessful in life.

Edited by Sdf4786k
  • Praise 2

I've just move in to my EC ...in 10 years time will sell or rent out and move overseas ...to retire.

wow...i envy you, can see light at the end of the tunnel already  [thumbsup]

i slogged so many years also cannot afford an EC, much less think about retirement

[:/]

I've just move in to my EC ...in 10 years time will sell or rent out and move overseas ...to retire.

wah sibei envy

10 years can fully paid a EC

hdb i also need to pay until 30 years [bigcry]

Edited by Wt_know

Wah. Envy sia

My hdb want sell.....bad resale value

Want rent....Low rental market

Want go overseas....bo lui

Haven't retire already tired.

• Praise 5

Don't judge lah. Location is subjective right? Some people prefer privacy and in more ulu location while others prefer near the city etc. doesn't mean moving to a more happening place means better location. From my experience in property hunting, most of the "best" location condos near MRT in the city are actually being rented out, while Singaporeans, being Singaporeans, actually prefer to stay in more obscure locations. Like many of my friends, our good location condos are rented out, while we choose to stay in less convenient abodes. Is this a downgrade? I don't think so. 

Somehow the concept of "private" always equate to upgrade.

I have the same experience that most people simply disregard to mention the more important factors of location, size and psf (value).

The word "private" is so conveniently used to blanket over all other considerations.

Don't judge lah. Location is subjective right? Some people prefer privacy and in more ulu location while others prefer near the city etc. doesn't mean moving to a more happening place means better location. From my experience in property hunting, most of the "best" location condos near MRT in the city are actually being rented out, while Singaporeans, being Singaporeans, actually prefer to stay in more obscure locations. Like many of my friends, our good location condos are rented out, while we choose to stay in less convenient abodes. Is this a downgrade? I don't think so.

Your good location condos?

Dont judge lah, whats good location to you is not to others.

Hyek hyek hyek muayhahahahaha

You choose to stay in less convenient places.

What convenient to one is not to another.

So yeah, i wont judge , its not a downgrade, its personal choice.

Every damn thing is personal choice, anyway.

Thursday finish work early so rambling rambling as i take the MRT to My hdb in yishun.

Heeee

Isn't equating "private" to upgrade a judgement also? What I am saying is private does not mean anything. It's not upgrade and is also not downgrade.
  • Praise 1

Your good location condos?

Dont judge lah, whats good location to you is not to others.

Hyek hyek hyek muayhahahahaha

You choose to stay in less convenient places.

What convenient to one is not to another.

So yeah, i wont judge , its not a downgrade, its personal choice.

Every damn thing is personal choice, anyway.

Thursday finish work early so rambling rambling as i take the MRT to My hdb in yishun.

Heeee

It always nice to hear the practical side of staying in Yishun. But what is the appreciated cost like from the time you bought till now. 

Using your convenience and personal choice option.

↡ Advertisement