Private Property: Good time now to buy or sell?

Kelfinity

It always nice to hear the practical side of staying in Yishun. But what is the appreciated cost like from the time you bought till now.

Using your convenience and personal choice option.

I dont know i never check.

Hdb i just buy to stay for fun.

Yishun is not practical for me either.

I data enter in CHangi.

Nowadays, i dont care too much about how much money i can make.

I care more about how much value i can extract from something that i buy.

If you dont understand what i mean, just imagine this.

You are stranded in the desert with a briefcase full of cash (say $600,000 usd)

You are almost dying of thirst.

I come by and sell you a can of coke for $500, and you would still be thankful.

Cheers and good luck in your property investments

↡ Advertisement

I dont know i never check.

Hdb i just buy to stay for fun.

Yishun is not practical for me either.

I data enter in CHangi.

Nowadays, i dont care too much about how much money i can make.

I care more about how much value i can extract from something that i buy.

If you dont understand what i mean, just imagine this.

You are stranded in the desert with a briefcase full of cash (say $600,000 usd)

You are almost dying of thirst.

I come by and sell you a can of coke for $500, and you would still be thankful.

Cheers and good luck in your property investments

You sound to be more a KYC guy who does scan and compare for HNI than KE 

Edited by Sdf4786k

You sound to be more a KYC guy who does scan and compare for HNI than KE

Wow, whats that?

Cheeeeemmmzzzz

Dont so complicated leh.

I am just a middle class Singapore lang who grew up in HdB estate.

Edited by Throttle2

Ya I find the location no good too - very deep in and have to walk 10 mins to the nearest LRT. Quite inconvenient for my kids to travel in future.

My house now - the LRT is just beside my block and I can choose to walk to either Buangkok or SK MRT if I dun want to take LRT. After my car reaches 10 years, I may not drive liao.

Thanks ya. [thumbsup]

Sister your location is considered not bad among sk liao. U want to aim then consider move to quartz or the other one beside buangkok (when reach 5 year mop).
  • Praise 1

Sister your location is considered not bad among sk liao. U want to aim then consider move to quartz or the other one beside buangkok (when reach 5 year mop).

Ya lor. I like my current location.

You are correct. I am also considering Buangkok area but Quartz $1million. I no $ wahaha. Esparina EC next year hit 5 years liao - I'll see how much they r selling.

Thanks ya. :)

• Praise 1

Don't expose that u don't stay hdb one leh. any hdb lang also can tell u quartz confirm not hdb. just whether it's 99LH PC or EC.

Simi talking you.

Quartz is confirm HDB lah

Looks like HdB outside

Looks like hdb inside

Many HdBs sureounding

Must be a HDB lah

Simple

Moreover people who stay there look the same as the people who stay in my Yishun HDB

The cars inside also like the cars in Yishun central

Muayhahahahahha

Condo?????

Dont spoilt our reputation leh

We both same profession one.

Simi talking you.

Quartz is confirm HDB lah

Looks like HdB outside

Looks like hdb inside

Many HdBs sureounding

Must be a HDB lah

Simple

Moreover people who stay there look the same as the people who stay in my Yishun HDB

The cars inside also like the cars in Yishun central

Muayhahahahahha

Condo?????

Dont spoilt our reputation leh

We both same profession one.

you stay atas landed property of course quartz looks like hdb to you lah

i stay hdb but look at quartz is very atas and feel very envious of the occupants

it's all relative lah ... boss

• Praise 1

i stay hdb but look at quartz is very atas and feel very envious of the occupants

• Praise 2

Don't judge lah. Location is subjective right? Some people prefer privacy and in more ulu location while others prefer near the city etc. doesn't mean moving to a more happening place means better location. From my experience in property hunting, most of the "best" location condos near MRT in the city are actually being rented out, while Singaporeans, being Singaporeans, actually prefer to stay in more obscure locations. Like many of my friends, our good location condos are rented out, while we choose to stay in less convenient abodes. Is this a downgrade? I don't think so. 

haha, i agree that for own stay sometimes we want something abit further away from town so we have more family time. im planning to move to sengkang punggol side and i saw the video and sign up for the upcoming ec over there at https://www.propertyinvestsg.com/rivercove-residences-new-launch-ec-condominium/. its quite ulu but facing the river. is sengkang area good?? we have never lived there before.

• Praise 1

haha, i agree that for own stay sometimes we want something abit further away from town so we have more family time. im planning to move to sengkang punggol side and i saw the video and sign up for the upcoming ec over there at https://www.propertyinvestsg.com/rivercove-residences-new-launch-ec-condominium/. its quite ulu but facing the river. is sengkang area good?? we have never lived there before.

Good option .. 

Look at the urban planning.

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/parks-and-nature-reserves/punggol-waterway-park

Cannot go wrong. 

Good option .. 

Look at the urban planning.

https://www.nparks.gov.sg/gardens-parks-and-nature/parks-and-nature-reserves/punggol-waterway-park

Cannot go wrong. 

wow i didnt even check that far into. from what i understand from the agent in the ec at https://www.property...ec-condominium/., seems that how punggol and sengkang was built is that they were built from inside and then towards the sea. so if u are inland, someday u will be blocked. anyone staying near this side? any insights? me never stay at northeast before.

wow i didnt even check that far into. from what i understand from the agent in the ec at https://www.property...ec-condominium/., seems that how punggol and sengkang was built is that they were built from inside and then towards the sea. so if u are inland, someday u will be blocked. anyone staying near this side? any insights? me never stay at northeast before.

Who wants to face the sea in Punggol? Take a drive to Punggol jetty and you will see the entire stretch of factories in clear view across in Malaysia. The pollution from Pasir Gudang petrochemical plant can be smelt not just in punggol and sengkang, but all the way to Pasir ris. This is something govt don't want people to pay attention to otherwise they will have problems selling their flats in punggol.   

• Praise 4

yeah location and urban planning is good to review before you plonk the biggest investment / ticket item in your life on.

You lucky you did not get caught up in the earlier years like the palette and some of the fast moving condo .

Before you can say I want .. the sales guy say sold liao

Then u kangchiong spider any how wack. Thats how my fren kanna afternoon sun unit 

His profile is more calm and analytical before buying stuff. Of course, he also wants that atas feel of being workship and serve when buying. End up screw up big time.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Now is a good time to buy whether its Ec, condo, hdb or landed.

the music is starting to slow down and may stop and time with the fed chairman stepping down and interest rate soon to rise.

At least while the going was good, all those that bought 2 to 3 condo and stay at HDB should be able to cash out one unit and take the other for rental yield.

When interest rate rise, offset with full cash 

↡ Advertisement