Magnifying glass
  • Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
160 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:13 PM

Smurfs
  • Smurfs
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am currently considering b/w these 3 models-> BMW 320i, E200CGI or an audi A4.

Does anyone know which brand gives the best fuel consumption?? For servicing, i know all will be expensive.. but is there a difference in cost b/w these 3?? (Generally, which will be more expensive in servicing?)

Thanks

Posted 04 May 2010 - 04:51 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I am currently considering b/w these 3 models-> BMW 320i, E200CGI or an audi A4.

Does anyone know which brand gives the best fuel consumption?? For servicing, i know all will be expensive.. but is there a difference in cost b/w these 3?? (Generally, which will be more expensive in servicing?)

Thanks

Honestly, why would any1 care about FC when u r getting a premium vehicle?

In addition, E200CGI & BMW 320/Audi A4 is like comparing orange to apple.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:44 PM

Dunno
  • Dunno
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Honestly, why would any1 care about FC when u r getting a premium vehicle?

In addition, E200CGI & BMW 320/Audi A4 is like comparing orange to apple.

Exactly what I wanted to say.

Difference between 8km/L vs 10km/L is less than $100 petrol bills assuming you travel 2000km a month. Why bother if you already driving a car that cost 1500-2000 times as much? Don't really see the rationale.

Edited by Dunno, 04 May 2010 - 09:45 PM.

Email: dunnounme@yahoo.com.sg

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:51 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

for a fairer comparison bro my c200k (modded) runs at around 9km/L

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:52 PM

Ithunk
  • Ithunk
    Supercharged
    Author Image

its how u drive...

Posted 04 May 2010 - 09:54 PM

Friendstar
  • Friendstar
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Why not????

My friend, seafood trader, was looking around for Audi BMW and merc too.

The first ques he asked at showrooms was the fuel consumption.

Eventually he settled for a Mercedes s 300

u don't need a reason to want to save fuel

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:05 PM

Sdf5725
  • Sdf5725
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks

WRONG comparison. A4/3 series are not at the same league as E class.
You should either compare A4/3series/C class or A6/5series/E class.
Obviously, you are not into this kind of brand yet.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 10:19 PM

Zhiwei933
  • Zhiwei933
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just pump your petrol in malaysia and that will not be a issue anymore :) Shiok

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Why not????

My friend, seafood trader, was looking around for Audi BMW and merc too.

The first ques he asked at showrooms was the fuel consumption.

Eventually he settled for a Mercedes s 300

u don't need a reason to want to save fuel

Because he is a seafood trader. It is used to show that he has make it there. Therefore, he is concerned about fuel consumption.

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

Elviskoh
  • Elviskoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Audi A4 - 13.5km/L
BMW 320i - 12.8km/L
Merc C200 (i think u are referring C200 not E200) - 13.8km/L

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:31 PM

Cerano
  • Premium member
    Cerano
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

by right la ^^ in real life with heavy foot see what fc you get

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:38 PM

Elviskoh
  • Elviskoh
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

car dimensions and power should considering also..

Audi A4
Dimensions (L x W x H) (4703 x 1826 x 1427)mm
Power 160 bhp ,Torque 250 Nm

BMW 320i
Dimensions (L x W x H) (4520 x 2013 x 1421)mm
Power 156 bhp ,Torque 200 Nm

Merc C200
Dimensions (L x W x H) (4581 x 2020 x 1447)mm
Power 184 bhp ,Torque 270 Nm

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:43 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

car dimensions and power should considering also..

Audi A4
Dimensions (L x W x H) (4703 x 1826 x 1427)mm
Power 160 bhp ,Torque 250 Nm

BMW 320i
Dimensions (L x W x H) (4520 x 2013 x 1421)mm
Power 156 bhp ,Torque 200 Nm

Merc C200
Dimensions (L x W x H) (4581 x 2020 x 1447)mm
Power 184 bhp ,Torque 270 Nm

Car dimension has no impact on FC. instead, it would involve torque curve & vehicle weight. The weight of passenger has an impact on overall vehicle weight. Traffic condition & tyre pressure also play a part in FC. Lastly, if the vehicle travels like 1,000km/mth, what kind of saving we are looking at?

Car dimension + vehicle weight has an impact on brake distance.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 04:50 PM

Osiris
  • Premium member
    Osiris
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Go to http://els.nea.gov.s...els/vehicle.asp

Take the urban figure. which is quite accurate for SG condition.

To lodge all power in one party and keep it there is to insure bad government and the sure and gradual deterioration of the public morals

Mark Twain

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:34 PM

Dunno
  • Dunno
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Audi A4 - 13.5km/L
BMW 320i - 12.8km/L
Merc C200 (i think u are referring C200 not E200) - 13.8km/L

Haha....dream on. You will not get those figures quoted by the manufacturers.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:37 PM

Dunno
  • Dunno
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Lastly, if the vehicle travels like 1,000km/mth, what kind of saving we are looking at?

Between the 3 makes, assuming the same driving pattern and road conditions, the difference in petrol bill at 1,000km/mth will be less than $50-$60

That's why I said why bother if you can afford such cars. Go for the one that you like most.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 05:48 PM

Accordjdm
  • Accordjdm
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Yes i agreed. The fuel consumptions as quoted are crap.

I am driving a C200 CGI and i am getting about 8 - 8.5 km/l (80% city and 20% highway).

Posted 05 May 2010 - 06:12 PM

Byond
  • Premium member
    Byond
    5th Gear
    Author Image

if can consider and buy such rides,
FC should not be part of the consideration....

Posted 05 May 2010 - 07:19 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yes i agreed. The fuel consumptions as quoted are crap.

I am driving a C200 CGI and i am getting about 8 - 8.5 km/l (80% city and 20% highway).

That's why read it carefully. At least ur 4 potter consumption is lower than my 6 potter.

Posted 05 May 2010 - 08:08 PM

Jazz
  • Premium member
    Jazz
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Agreed, what enquire FC, should be asking which provide the most juice for power.

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: Comparing, fuel, Consumption and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users