Comparing fuel Consumption b/w Merc, BMW and audi

Smurfs

Yes i agreed. The fuel consumptions as quoted are crap.

I am driving a C200 CGI and i am getting about 8 - 8.5 km/l (80% city and 20% highway).

That's why read it carefully. At least ur 4 potter consumption is lower than my 6 potter.

↡ Advertisement

2nd Gear

Agreed, what enquire FC, should be asking which provide the most juice for power.

Neutral Newbie

My car BMW 6 cylinder 3.0 liter is doing around 9km/l in , depending on how I drive.

Kind of wierd that you are actually concerned abt fc...... if you can afford these cars you can afford the petrol.

(edited)

Kind of wierd that you are actually concerned abt fc...... if you can afford these cars you can afford the petrol.

I think its kinda strange that everyone seems to criticising the TS for asking about fuel consumption?

You mean can afford the car means happy to pay more in fuel?

I have seen people worth more than S$10 million, argue about less than $15 in interest calculations.

Come on guys, I for one do not think that wanting to save on petrol bills indicate a lack of financial ability.

It just a shiokness, "want to get a bargain" kinda mentality. Irksome to some perhaps, but compared to the many other kinds of inconsiderate behavior,(tissue choping seats is my pet peeve) this is nothing as this impacts only TS and no one else.

I am happy to get a $2 discount when i pump petrol, I know i can't do much with $2 nowadays, but still I prefer in my pocket, not in somebody else's, if its not too much trouble.

The rich certainly didn't become rich by giving away money.

In fact their behavior can be described as efficient use of money.

They only people that toss money around like its unfashionable are the offspring of these very rich people.

Edited by Tedlhw

I think its kinda strange that everyone seems to criticising the TS for asking about fuel consumption?

You mean can afford the car means happy to pay more in fuel?

I have seen people worth more than S$10 million, argue about less than $15 in interest calculations.

Come on guys, I for one do not think that wanting to save on petrol bills indicate a lack of financial ability.

It just a shiokness, "want to get a bargain" kinda mentality. Irksome to some perhaps, but compared to the many other kinds of inconsiderate behavior,(tissue choping seats is my pet peeve) this is nothing as this impacts only TS and no one else.

I am happy to get a $2 discount when i pump petrol, I know i can't do much with $2 nowadays, but still I prefer in my pocket, not in somebody else's, if its not too much trouble.

The rich certainly didn't become rich by giving away money.

In fact their behavior can be described as efficient use of money.

They only people that toss money around like its unfashionable are the offspring of these very rich people.

If you are looking about such cars, you will be more interested in things like performance, exterior, comfort, stability/handling, interior rather than FC.....

If really bother about FC don't get such cars. All these are fuel guzzlers......

If you are looking about such cars, you will be more interested in things like performance, exterior, comfort, stability/handling, interior rather than FC.....

If really bother about FC don't get such cars. All these are fuel guzzlers......

Of course no one buys these cars for their "superior" fuel consumption.

But i do not feel that a question of FC from TS indicates a lack of financial ability as many have surmised here.

In fact I know for a fact, a friend of mine who made over S$1 million last year, bought a CNG Mercedes Benz for his wife, in cash no less.

Well he really likes to save petrol doesn't he. I ribbed him no end about it. To him its about efficiency.

Why waste money when you can help it?

I think his networth is quite high as he has 6 properties, all on loan, but you can imagine his income to sustain a > S$10 million dollar loan.

Supercharged

i had tried on the above link.

knowing my FC, i think we should based on this equation,

(Urban + Combined)/2 = estimated SG road condition FC for your ride

well.. at least for my case.

Your formula gets 1 agreed vote, from me.

But i do not feel that a question of FC from TS indicates a lack of financial ability as many have surmised here.

In fact I know for a fact, a friend of mine who made over S$1 million last year, bought a CNG Mercedes Benz for his wife, in cash no less.

Well he really likes to save petrol doesn't he. I ribbed him no end about it. To him its about efficiency.

I think his networth is quite high as he has 6 properties, all on loan, but you can imagine his income to sustain a > S$10 million dollar loan.

I don't mean to be harsh. I feel ur fren buy the car for the badge or sheer size of the car. CNG is not easily available unless the person live near the pump. In addition, due to the weight of the car (there are 2 fuel tank in the car), the car is damn heavy le. So, FC might not be better.

If ur fren really want to save & have the necessary mileage (30'000/mth), he should get a diesel. Minimum 800km per full tank.

I don't mean to be harsh. I feel ur fren buy the car for the badge or sheer size of the car. CNG is not easily available unless the person live near the pump. In addition, due to the weight of the car (there are 2 fuel tank in the car), the car is damn heavy le. So, FC might not be better.

If ur fren really want to save & have the necessary mileage (30'000/mth), he should get a diesel. Minimum 800km per full tank.

You're probably right about the badge whoring, but my point is this.

That someone who economises is not necessarily someone who is without financial ability.

I just found it amazing that someone who asked about FC is labelled as cannot afford the car...

Er... Thats the epitome of what is called a "hasty generalization".

In fact, i don't think that its just hasty, its downright wrong.

(edited)

I can understand your friend... It must be a nightmare to pay for the property loans......

Good luck to him... When property bubble burst he don't go jump MRT track or jump marina bay sands can already......lol.....

Edited by Nmnhnlm

A tata would give you really superior FC over a Merc!!!! [laugh] [laugh] [laugh]

I can understand your friend... It must be a nightmare to pay for the property loans......

Good luck to him... When property bubble burst he don't go jump MRT track or jump marina bay sands can already......lol.....

Wow you certainly are mean spirited huh... Cursing people to die.

You are probably the safest in your HDB flat and your COE-soon-to-expire Celica.

(edited)

this is very mean...

that guy can easily sell off 1 or 2 of his properties and buy your whole life.. -.-

Edited by Ladykillerz

S$10million loan? There is a saying....if you do not have a big head, dont get a big hat. Know your limit.

↡ Advertisement