Comparing fuel Consumption b/w Merc, BMW and audi

Smurfs

Supersonic

Erm ,my car is a 2.4 liter japanese car , and i get around 7-8km/l and so, what do you think about conti car =P....

You'll be surprised that conti can get better FC than a jap car. My previous 2.5L T5 does abt 8.5km/l. Drove a 2.0L camry loan car for a week b4 - the FC was something like 6-7km/l. Maybe it's becoz gotta rev the nuts off the old fashioned, underpowered engine to get anywhere.... [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Erm ,my car is a 2.4 liter japanese car , and i get around 7-8km/l and so, what do you think about conti car =P....

that very jia you for a jap car.

conti one with similar power more Fuel efficient.

Just pump your petrol in malaysia and that will not be a issue anymore :) Shiok

This is like buying a GCB and having to go to public pool to bath cos wanna save $ [laugh]

Hi Bro,

Sorry to bring up this old thread.

Recently planning to upgrade to either one of those car.

(choices were : Merc c180k BE or Non BE, C200k BE or NON BE, BMW 318 or 320,Audi A4 and Lexus IS250.

Pricing wise they're rather neck to neck in term of performance to dollar. Im hoping if current owner of each class of veh can share their average FC here.

(yes yes, i understand some bro here are kinda skeptical about helping bros asking for FC on premium brand car.

well, my job requires me to travel a fair bit, so beside luxury comfort. fuel efficiency is also very important to me. no doubt the differences in overhead for extra petrol consumption is minimally small.

I felt its rather comforting to know that at least its burnin' a tiny weey bit lesser. moreover a penny saved is a penny earn

My wife recently got a 318 i. It has the lowest depreciation among all the above. Dep abt 11k per year sonsidering surrent market. IS250 dep abt 12k has to be the best value. Wanted to go for it initially but wife prefer a bimmer. Merc regardless c180 or c200 or even the older e class dep too high. Most that i saw almost dep 15k considering omv almost almost similar to is250 and 318.

it all depends, if i like the car for some reasons, i will buy it and drive it..... i dont earn that much, but i 'sacrifise' and accept the 7.5km/l fuel consumption my 'beloved' ride sucks everytime i take her on the roads.......... what to do? 'love' and 'sacrifice' can be good friends :D

You're probably right about the badge whoring, but my point is this.

That someone who economises is not necessarily someone who is without financial ability.

I just found it amazing that someone who asked about FC is labelled as cannot afford the car...

Er... Thats the epitome of what is called a "hasty generalization".

In fact, i don't think that its just hasty, its downright wrong.

i agree with you on this. There are people who buy cars which give good fuel consmption not because of financial consideration, but they simply like using things which are economical and they feel good about it, it has little to do with affordability.......

i agree with you on this. There are people who buy cars which give good fuel consmption not because of financial consideration, but they simply like using things which are economical and they feel good about it, it has little to do with affordability.......

If I am to post to compare these three makes : Lambo, Lotus and Ferrari and ask which one has the best FC ? Does it sound right ?

While I understand that it is not about affordability .... just that I felt that if someone is buying a C180K vs A4 vs 318i ... fuel consumption should not be a determining factor on which model to buy.

Yes i agreed. The fuel consumptions as quoted are crap.

I am driving a C200 CGI and i am getting about 8 - 8.5 km/l (80% city and 20% highway).

You make me feel good... My Volvo S80 2.5T with 231 HP @ 340Nm of torque get about that 8 - 8.5km/L. ha.. More powerful than C200 CGI and yet similar consumption!

Why not????

My friend, seafood trader, was looking around for Audi BMW and merc too.

The first ques he asked at showrooms was the fuel consumption.

Eventually he settled for a Mercedes s 300

u don't need a reason to want to save fuel

have u ever heard the worse the FC, the better the ride??

I am currently considering b/w these 3 models-> BMW 320i, E200CGI or an audi A4.

Does anyone know which brand gives the best fuel consumption?? For servicing, i know all will be expensive.. but is there a difference in cost b/w these 3?? (Generally, which will be more expensive in servicing?)

Thanks

its all about the same la, unless u compare 320i/A4 with S350

Of course no one buys these cars for their "superior" fuel consumption.

But i do not feel that a question of FC from TS indicates a lack of financial ability as many have surmised here.

In fact I know for a fact, a friend of mine who made over S$1 million last year, bought a CNG Mercedes Benz for his wife, in cash no less.

Well he really likes to save petrol doesn't he. I ribbed him no end about it. To him its about efficiency.

Why waste money when you can help it?

I think his networth is quite high as he has 6 properties, all on loan, but you can imagine his income to sustain a > S$10 million dollar loan.

just wondering with the efficent use of $$$, is it worth to pay in full, as the car intreast is as low as 1.88%, that is lower than our inflation....

If I am to post to compare these three makes : Lambo, Lotus and Ferrari and ask which one has the best FC ? Does it sound right ?

While I understand that it is not about affordability .... just that I felt that if someone is buying a C180K vs A4 vs 318i ... fuel consumption should not be a determining factor on which model to buy.

How about we start comparing carbon foot print instead instead of FC :P go green mah.

Turbocharged

another thing.. going to the gas station can be a chore.. i visit them twice a week... until the auntie knows me.. [laugh]

yes.. my next car got to have better fc than this guzzler..

These comparisons are meaningless unless we compare the engine used. The mileage of the E200/E250 1.8L CGI TC engine is very different from the V6 3L and 3.5L seen in the E Class! Same for 523 and 535!

Generally, the smaller 4-inline TC engines have better mileage.

(edited)

These comparisons are meaningless unless we compare the engine used. The mileage of the E200/E250 1.8L CGI TC engine is very different from the V6 3L and 3.5L seen in the E Class! Same for 523 and 535!

Generally, the smaller 4-inline TC engines have better mileage.

I think you meant FC..

Anyway FC of my friend's 523i is 8.1km/l..

Edited by PPeripheraL
↡ Advertisement