Comparing fuel Consumption b/w Merc, BMW and audi

Smurfs

This is the most debated issue in 2012! 523 is lot smoother, sounds great. 520 initial pick up is better than 523 (but there is some turbo lag though), but sound (especially idling) is horrible. Petrol consumption is almost same for me.

Do you want the best of both worlds? 535 is the solution!

My Dream.. :wub::wub:

↡ Advertisement

My Dream.. :wub::wub:

You mean 535? It is good if you are on NSHW often. In my opinion, for our local roads, 520 / 528 are more than enough for day to day moving!

You mean 535? It is good if you are on NSHW often. In my opinion, for our local roads, 520 / 528 are more than enough for day to day moving!

For NSH, should be 555.

haha.. yupps.. the 535i.. :wub: I drove the 523i once. Very smooth.. quiet.. just nice to drive... Then I can't imagine how much more swee the 535i is.. Well.. Yes.. I quite frequent JB , KL and sometimes Penang [rolleyes]

haha.. yupps.. the 535i.. :wub: I drove the 523i once. Very smooth.. quiet.. just nice to drive... Then I can't imagine how much more swee the 535i is.. Well.. Yes.. I quite frequent JB , KL and sometimes Penang [rolleyes]

Yes, if you drive long distances, engine size definitely matters! 535 is the one for you! Don't think too much, just go ahead, COE is on the rise now!

Yes, if you drive long distances, engine size definitely matters! 535 is the one for you! Don't think too much, just go ahead, COE is on the rise now!

Haha.. I am seriously considering.. Now sell my Camry also not bad.. Nice time.. Then get a decent 1yo used 535i or if PML come up with some nice promo.. :wub::wub:

I saw your Chinese characters at the end of your message.

Are you the one too that posted chinese message on a piece of COE determines your car , a piece of birth cert determines your life etc ?

Yeah ideally everytime one full tank! [:p]

I too dont understand the rationale. COE depreciation alone now cost approx $800 per month and want to be concerned about which car fc is better or servicing cheaper? :wacko: . Well I guess some people before buying Porsche 911 turbo, will ask how many km/l as well [laugh]

this kind of people shows that they dont have the budget to buy a 911 turbo like me.

though i know that 911 turbo is a drinker but i just want to know how good is it in drinking?

you may think that petrol doesnt make much difference

THEN YOU ARE WRONG

from A8 petrol pump $180 every 3-4 days

now RX450H only $105 every 6 days

so come to think if u get hybrid car, u get to save about $750 per month and u can use the money for COE depreciation

you will never understand if u dun drive one

Edited by Thaiyotakamli

this kind of people shows that they dont have the budget to buy a 911 turbo like me.

though i know that 911 turbo is a drinker but i just want to know how good is it in drinking?

you may think that petrol doesnt make much difference

THEN YOU ARE WRONG

from A8 petrol pump $180 every 3-4 days

now RX450H only $105 every 6 days

so come to think if u get hybrid car, u get to save about $750 per month and u can use the money for COE depreciation

you will never understand if u dun drive one

Your example is extreme. If you are asking a question as to the FC of the top BB cars it is a valid question indeed.

However, in this context the TS is asking people to compare the FC of the entry level continentals. It is not to say cannot ask but its like going to Trans Euro to buy a Rolls Royce and asking how much the oil change yeah? Already paying soooo much for coe at $800 depreciation 1 month..difference of $100 pm in FC any point fettering about? Unless you drive like a taxi in which case, these cars are not quite suitable.

Actually Porsche's FC is very decent for the performance provided of course you dont whack everytime. Again I wonder if people go to Stuggart and ask how much maintainance cost per km lol [laugh] .

Your example is extreme. If you are asking a question as to the FC of the top BB cars it is a valid question indeed.

However, in this context the TS is asking people to compare the FC of the entry level continentals. It is not to say cannot ask but its like going to Trans Euro to buy a Rolls Royce and asking how much the oil change yeah? Already paying soooo much for coe at $800 depreciation 1 month..difference of $100 pm in FC any point fettering about? Unless you drive like a taxi in which case, these cars are not quite suitable.

Actually Porsche's FC is very decent for the performance provided of course you dont whack everytime. Again I wonder if people go to Stuggart and ask how much maintainance cost per km lol [laugh] .

I am just trying to say that when u mention coe dep is high at $800 pm, the difference between a fuel saving car in the same category can easipy reach that amount of dep.

Moreover people who buy porsche or high end car will reveive free servicing for years, so no worry bout that

Neutral Newbie

it's really quite disappointing to not get the answers asked about FC. that's a valid concern.

instead there are so many haolians who 'suan' about this, well just keep quiet or go to another topic. really wasting my time having to flip through so many pages of irrelevant, talk-c--k answers! [rifle] [rifle] [rifle]

Hi I think the 7Gtroinic or number of gears may help with the FC. In general having been through 2 BMWs the FC sucks. My e92 325i could not hit 7km per liter. Unless I drive to KL...lol

I am driving a 7Gtronic C300 now and FC is 7.2km per liter. This is a 3L V6 and I get better FC than the 2.5L BMW....of coz my old e92 still looks so much better and handles so much better but I had to move from a 2 to a 4 door so that's life for u....

BTW I started a Poll on the conti brands so I hope all of you can share your thoughts...:)

I am currently considering b/w these 3 models-> BMW 320i, E200CGI or an audi A4.

Does anyone know which brand gives the best fuel consumption?? For servicing, i know all will be expensive.. but is there a difference in cost b/w these 3?? (Generally, which will be more expensive in servicing?)

Thanks

No there is huge difference in the 3 series. To start with u have the e90, vs e92 vs e93.

Even in each segment you have the different engine setups....318. 320, 323, 328, 335, M3 etc so it can be very confusing. The 320 and 318 r 4 potters whilst 323, 325, and 335i are 6 potters. The 335 is a sweet twin turbo.

What is even more confusing is the latest batch of 328is may not necessarily be straight 6 cylinder set-up....depending on the model you may get a IL4 but with increased torgue...

so no...not a 3er are the same....

Isnt all 3 about the same. Anyway if you can afford any of the 3, fuel shouldnt be a concern.

↡ Advertisement