Chances for appeal against Traffic offence

Jpquek

(edited)

Hi guys, like to consult MCF brothers and sisters who might have been in a similar situation before.

Was caught for a traffic offence for failing to conform to "NO Entry sign " except for lorry at sentosa gateway. I know that i had did that because i think there are no u-turn sign at that road.....and if i proceed straight on ....i had to pay the entrance fees for entering sentosa , but recenty i went over to sentosa for some job purpose and realise that there are one over the "No Entry Sign" but the U-turn sign was partially covered by the shrubs and leaves.....any chances for me to appeal??

Thanks alot for any comments !

Anyway juz copy some info from the TP website....to share.

List of roads where speed camera deployed

1 ADAM RD 24 MARINE PARADE RD

2 ALEXANDRA RD 25 NICOLL HIGHWAY

3 ANG MO KIO AVE 5 26 ORCHARD BOULEVARD

4 AYE 27 PIE

5 BKE 28 PUNGGOL CENTRAL

6 BOON LAY WAY 29 PUNGGOL EAST

7 BRADDELL ROAD 30 SEMBAWANG RD

8 BT PANJANG RD 31 SLE

9 BUANGKOK GREEN 32 TAMPINES AVE 1

10 BUKIT TIMAH ROAD 33 TELOK BLANGAH RD

11 CTE 34 TPE

12 DUNEARN ROAD 35 TUAS WEST DR

13 ECP 36 TUAS WEST RD

14 HOUGANG AVE 3 37 UPP BUKIT TIMAH RD

15 JLN BAHAR 38 UPP CHANGI ROAD EAST

16 JLN BOON LAY 39 UPP SERANGOON RD

17 JLN BUROH 40 UPP THOMSON RD

18 JURONG TOWN HALL RD 41 WEST COAST HIGHWAY

19 JURONG ISLAND HIGHWAY 42 WOODLANDS AVE 2

20 KALLANG RD 43 YISHUN AVE 6

21 KJE 44 YISHUN AVE 7

22 LENTOR AVE 45 YIO CHU KANG RD

23 LORNIE RD

Edited by Jpquek
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

yes there is a speed cam at marine parade road...:) jus out side the police post

Edited by Ithunk
  • Praise 1

aNY GOOD or Bad comments also can....will take no offence against anyone...

Thanks again!

Just write a eat-humble-pie letter, stating that you were lost, your remorse and that you will never commit the same offence again.

• Praise 1

Chances maybe slim..I wrote in to appeal but was rejected..this is mine..

I went into CBD area for delivery and i was not really familiar with the area and building names..I pull over at the single zig zag to look around for the building and there were many cars infront of me..Considered unlucky..within sec a police car came from behind and i move off quickly..

received my summon letter 1st day of CNY..really big ang bao.. 3points with $120 and ask me to to reply with details..I wrote in to appeal without giving them my details and waited for months..They send me a letter again for my particular and only with my particular filled then they can proceed my appeal..I reply with my particular and few days later..they send me a letter to offer me 3 points and $120 if not go court..LL and pay at AXS..There was no reply saying my appeal was rejected or anything..

No harm giving it a try or you can walk in for an appeal..Good luck Bro..

Btw..Class 95 Glenn Ong was caught there too..He as swearing on radio few months ago..same case..he mentioned there is no U tun sign there..

Chances maybe slim..I wrote in to appeal but was rejected..this is mine..

I went into CBD area for delivery and i was not really familiar with the area and building names..I pull over at the single zig zag to look around for the building and there were many cars infront of me..Considered unlucky..within sec a police car came from behind and i move off quickly..

received my summon letter 1st day of CNY..really big ang bao.. 3points with $120 and ask me to to reply with details..I wrote in to appeal without giving them my details and waited for months..They send me a letter again for my particular and only with my particular filled then they can proceed my appeal..I reply with my particular and few days later..they send me a letter to offer me 3 points and $120 if not go court..LL and pay at AXS..There was no reply saying my appeal was rejected or anything..

No harm giving it a try or you can walk in for an appeal..Good luck Bro..

If i were u i would had waited for the police come and ask him for directions maybe he will see genuine and give chance.

If u police u pull over behind a person commiting offence den he straight drive off u will give ticket?

Does the content of the appeal letter okie????

Thanks in advance

On the day of offence, I know that i had did that because i think there are no u-turn sign along that road.....and if i proceed straight on ....i had to pay the entrance fees for entering sentosa . After receiving the traffic offence notice, i purposely went over to investigate and realise that there are one U-turn sign ( which stated 80m ahead) near the "No Entry Sign" but the U-turn sign was almost covered by the pots of big plants which are use to decorate the road into Sentosa.

I appeal to your leniency as I have no intention of committing the above offence. I don't have the habit of committing any offence and sincerely hope you can consider reviewing my offence. I would be glad to clarify the situation at that point of time if needed to.

You could consider the following, just say,

I refer to the offence notice number xxxxxx.

On the day of the offence I had taken inadvertently taken a wrong turn (insert some excuse about getting lost) and proceeded along (location) toward the gantry. As I was unfamiliar with the road layout, and was approaching Sentosa IR's payment gantry, I took a U-turn at the first available opportunity.

It was due to my unfamiliarity and disorientation with the location that led to committing this unintentional offence. I would like to appeal on this basis for leniency (blah blah blah....)

BTW, I do not guarantee that this will work. Keep it short, the officer probably has stacks of excuse/appeal letters with grandmother stories so keep it short, to the point, and convey your eternal gratitude and regret for committing the offence, and most importantly thank him for his time taken to consider your appeal.

Does the content of the appeal letter okie????

Thanks in advance

On the day of offence, I know that i had did that because i think there are no u-turn sign along that road.....and if i proceed straight on ....i had to pay the entrance fees for entering sentosa . After receiving the traffic offence notice, i purposely went over to investigate and realise that there are one U-turn sign ( which stated 80m ahead) near the "No Entry Sign" but the U-turn sign was almost covered by the pots of big plants which are use to decorate the road into Sentosa.

I appeal to your leniency as I have no intention of committing the above offence. I don't have the habit of committing any offence and sincerely hope you can consider reviewing my offence. I would be glad to clarify the situation at that point of time if needed to.

on another note, i was on the same road last month. I decided to go to the gantry, spoke to the lady in the nicest way possible asking for directions to RWS carpark. She told me to go to the first roundabout and make a u-turn out. FOC... :)

this is a pic i had taken

Sentosa gateway

Dun know does this help in my case anot......if appeal not sucessful.....think i would go straight to my MP.

on another note, i was on the same road last month. I decided to go to the gantry, spoke to the lady in the nicest way possible asking for directions to RWS carpark. She told me to go to the first roundabout and make a u-turn out. FOC... :)

really? that's nice and flexible of them!

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Hi guys, like to consult MCF brothers and sisters who might have been in a similar situation before.

Was caught for a traffic offence for failing to conform to "NO Entry sign " except for lorry at sentosa gateway. I know that i had did that because i think there are no u-turn sign at that road.....and if i proceed straight on ....i had to pay the entrance fees for entering sentosa , but recenty i went over to sentosa for some job purpose and realise that there are one over the "No Entry Sign" but the U-turn sign was partially covered by the shrubs and leaves.....any chances for me to appeal??

I encountered exactly the same thing today... I was like you looking for the first possible u-turn, saw no entry except for loading and unloading, yet still use it to make a u-turn :angry: then I see a lot of Auxiliary police station right in front of me [mad]

Edited by MINI_GIRL

Sorry to dig out this. Need to ask did anyone ever successfully appeal to TP & be waive off the offence?

Mine is cross double white line in highway.

↡ Advertisement