Would you pay $15 to jump start your car ...??

Fattychubby

my first time 3yrs ago battery died.. friend's dad help me charged. went back the next day, morning cannot start sibeh jialat. saw one teksi unker staying around my area. he help me charged also. offer to pay him a token he refused.

gt the battery changed the day itself.

one more incident on NSH. before pagor late in the nite. ran half way the car just died on me. knn.. stucked in the car for a gd 45mins balls also shrink. their emas tried to charged for me. heng it work. den offered them RM50. they refused also. i was quite shock actually

ytd while washing car. the car beside me finish but his battery dead. asked me for help. i gave him a hand. started on e first crank. :D

Today I kenna also, I was at Taman Jurong ( the place where there is a taxi terminal, OCBC , NTUC) very popular with shipyard contractors for banking matters. Well, after I deposit my cheque come back to car and crank, tiack tiack tiack....Siao Liao ...eventually I have to ask someone to help so saw this cefiro guy in long sleeve shirt in his car for sometime. so approached him for help. wa lao, I know he got no obligation to help me but b4 I finished toking to him he already keep shaking his head ( cannot help to jump start) says he is in a rush...well I didnt paster him futher but notice he stay a while in his car b4 driving off (thought he is rushing?) well , nvm approach a indian worker with lorry for help (since long sleeve wun wan to help , ask indian worker lah maybe got chance). after I told him my story he keep pointing to his rear and told me to ask for help from lorry behind him in parking lot ( nobody in lorry) so he drove off...kinda piss off, how come nowadays people so unhelpful? must it be really got money, then they willing to help? everything come at a cost? even being helpful also need to be rewarded with money?

So many people looking but non willing to help , all wan to watch other's misfortune. SAD Thing!!! Its happenning here in Singapore. So I stay beside my pop bonnet and start to [;)] then come another Cefiro park beside me , a middle age man dress in casual Tees and slag walk out and look at me then he ask in hokkien, cannot start ah? I help you Kiap Kiap and jump start wan? So he go to the bank and deposit his cheque then when he come back and another guy walk behind him (also in casual shirt & jeans) also offer his help ( Driving a maroon Altis) . I told him the Cefiro driver is helping me to jump start and thank him for his offer to help.

So the Cefiro driver went to his boot and took out a starter kit and Kiap on my battery as I start the engine, its just a less than a minute job and its done . He advise me to drive direct to the workshop and dun off my engine. I thank him and quickly drove to the workshop to change my battery. This incident really makes he think : How come people who are dress casually are more helpful whereas those neat tidy long sleeve people act like indian worker? what has the education system teaches those people ? I mean its a 1 min job to just pop the bonnet then attached the jumper cables . Thats it not so difficult right? I am sure the first man I approach spend more than 2 mins in his car looking at my misfortune. Anyway, I want to thank the 2nd Cefiro driver and the Altis driver for their help and if you are reading this Thanks , you really save my day and also show that Singapore still got some helpful people who help people without wanting reward. ....Thanks again

long sleeve guy don't want to get himself dirty.........

worker rushing off if not he will get fire.............

casual guy is on leave so nothing to do and also can get dirty, can help........

when you ask someone for help, do not question people why they don't help!! count yourself lucky if someone willing to help [;)]

if cannot depends on other, sign up AA :D

this type of thing is like demand and supply, u demand the service , they supply the service, they give a price , u happy, u take the service , u not happy u look for other altnative. ppl open door to do business, as long as they dun take a parlang knife and put at your neck to force u use their service, nothing much we can do any thing about the price .

it like in the middle of the night u go 7/11 buy condom, then u tell the ppl inside so expensive, other place what price what price etc etc , LOL . JOKING KEKEKEKE.

this type of thing is like demand and supply, u demand the service , they supply the service, they give a price , u happy, u take the service , u not happy u look for other altnative. ppl open door to do business, as long as they dun take a parlang knife and put at your neck to force u use their service, nothing much we can do any thing about the price .

it like in the middle of the night u go 7/11 buy condom, then u tell the ppl inside so expensive, other place what price what price etc etc , LOL . JOKING KEKEKEKE.

service come with a price, this is closely related to another topic about the minimum wages in singapore.

If everyone is not willing to pay for services, or expect it to be cheap (then dont expect quality to begin with), what the companies do is to hire cheap labour, then the job goes to FT, then people complain no job, etc. ......

Amaron for $180 is relatively high..but if I'm rushing for time..will just pay and be done with it. Else just go to a cheaper workshop..time is quite important to me and most of the time I don't mind paying...I'm paying for other's time and my own convenience..

(edited)

service come with a price, this is closely related to another topic about the minimum wages in singapore.

If everyone is not willing to pay for services, or expect it to be cheap (then dont expect quality to begin with), what the companies do is to hire cheap labour, then the job goes to FT, then people complain no job, etc. ......

agreed. I always believe paying worthy $$ for worthy services, for sake of giving them a job, a business.. everyone wanna top salary yet dun wanna pay for simple job well done..

Edited by Yenyenpark

(edited)

off topic abit.. my friend's car battery burst, and all fuses burnt becos wrongly jump start.. a lorry driver kind enuff to help.. but too bad...

Edited by Yenyenpark
  • Praise 1

The battery must be very low in voltage and has internal short circuit. Always check before doing the jump - the high surge in amp can roast any acc or computerised modules.

off topic abit.. my friend's car battery burst, and all fuses burnt becos wrongly jump start.. a lorry driver kind enuff to help.. but too bad...

if those small lorry, ( pickup ) it should be fine, as long as + to +, - to - ,

if its those giant lorry, then i not sure , any 1 try b4 can give some comment, giant lorry, jump start normal car , correct connection, will it damage our car??

must be 12 v to 12 v ( i know some giant lorry, its 24 v , then GG lol )

Neutral Newbie

I just changed my batt to amaron 70ah earlier this year at Shell autoserv, cost about $150 after GST.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I keep a set of jumper cables in the car, and will always help anyone that has a flat battery.

Also, I always keep my eyes open for those that have flat tyre and need help, and will help those guys (particularly [gorgeous] ) but guys, nopt to worry - if you want help I won't expect you to shave your legs [kiss]

Thanks for your advise, you speak like GOD ...so understanding and know everything.....GURU .... :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1