Late payment charges for credit card

Bluepica

Usually if you make payment thru internet transfer/ AXS/ Cheque on the due date itself, will be be charge a late payment fee?

I've done that so many years for other bank CC but have not been charge a late payment charges, but this #%#%$ OCBC charged me for late payment even if I make the payment on the due date itself.

OCBC explanation was that even if I make payment on the due date, but the fund will take 2-3working days to reach the bank. Which means I have to make the payment few days before the due date. This is so stupid! Then y not they move forward the due date and cater that allowance time on their side instead of having the customer to calculate the time needed for the fund to reach the bank??

:angry:

↡ Advertisement

Usually if you make payment thru internet transfer/ AXS/ Cheque on the due date itself, will be be charge a late payment fee?

I've done that so many years for other bank CC but have not been charge a late payment charges, but this #%#%$ OCBC charged me for late payment even if I make the payment on the due date itself.

OCBC explanation was that even if I make payment on the due date, but the fund will take 2-3working days to reach the bank. Which means I have to make the payment few days before the due date. This is so stupid! Then y not they move forward the due date and cater that allowance time on their side instead of having the customer to calculate the time needed for the fund to reach the bank??

Actually it is more of the other banks spoiling market than OCBC being anal.... But OCBC should have some flexibility too la... Another credit card that used to do things like that is Diners...

Quite screwed by la, but they just acting by book lor....

but for some bank like HSBC, payment thru AXS on due date, they get it on same day....dun know why there is different method for other bank.....not forgetting late charge will also incur additional 24% interest charges pa.....

i sometime make payment over AXS on due date or even one day after due date for OCBC, no charge leh [sweatdrop]

i heard they abit call up n chase one?

never have any of their things...only i use it for EPS coz below my house got their machine

when asking whats online transfer for eps in their counter..never answer me and later ask me wait..waited 10 mins..i go ask them again..then reply me

dont like the CS...kana few times b4 also

Turbocharged

Just called them up asking for waiver will do. even if you pay late, they will wavier all the late payment for you.

Again?

I was farking pissed off with their 29% ah-long type cash advance few months ago....and the never ending recurring interest charge on it due to the differences in the billing date and their sending out of the bill thru mail and my eventual payment.....that few days differences between the billing date and my cheque payment (the interest was still calculating on the cash advance amount).....so when the next month bill comes I will be farked with another full month of late payment on the cash advance amount.

Just because I stupidly us the card in HongKong from a ATM machine for cash withdrawal.

(I admit it was stupid of me to assumed wrongly....I was under the assumption that I was drawing from my singapore bank account or cardit card facility....but I was fooled and mistaken....when the bill came and saddled me with a 29% cash advance deal)

Well it was my first time...learnt my lessons.

Torn up that card and got it cancelled!

i don't have that issue, whether paying through axs or slow mail on the date due itself. but some years ago, i was charged late payment and the customer service said i have to pay a few days before the date due. My rebuttal was that, the date due will be the day i make payment, if they really want us to pay earlier, then they should have stated it on the statement. Got the charge waived in the end.

Just called them up asking for waiver will do. even if you pay late, they will wavier all the late payment for you.

Usually they will waive one lo, but it just does not make sense how they interpretes the meaning of "due date" lo :huh:

Oh... I saw the payment condition..

For AXS, payment made after 5pm, consider next day transaction.

For internet banking, payment made after 9pm consider next day transaction...

Wah Kaoz! You think I so free to remember all these small prints ah? :wacko:

(edited)

i don't have that issue, whether paying through axs or slow mail on the date due itself. but some years ago, i was charged late payment and the customer service said i have to pay a few days before the date due. My rebuttal was that, the date due will be the day i make payment, if they really want us to pay earlier, then they should have stated it on the statement. Got the charge waived in the end.

This is precisely what I meant!

Edited by Bluepica

Hypersonic

OCBC, I always postdate my payment on the due date on their Internet banking. No late charges...

(edited)

I have most of the credit cards except OCBC..so far for all these other cards I hold, it is never an issue for me to pay on the due date...never kena anything even if it is paid during after office hours like 7-8pm..sounds like OCBC is being ridiculous

Edited by Damienic

I have pay online or thru AXS. Usually will be on the due date itself. even at 11pm

No such late charges incurred for citi, UOB, OCBC, DBS.

In fact, there was a 1 time for UOB I paid thru AXS the next day because I forgot.

No charges at all.

If your bank insist on passing their 'internal' problem to you. I suggest don't do business with them.

It's not an issue of getting it waive. It's what it means of due date and they never state you need to allow for processing time.

Imagine each bank have their own internal processing time

Due date means

3 days for Bank A prior due date

4 days for Bank B prior due date

5 days for Bank C prior due date

2 days for Bank D prior due date

how on earth we going to remember.

Turbocharged

Usually they will waive one lo, but it just does not make sense how they interpretes the meaning of "due date" lo :huh:

Oh... I saw the payment condition..

For AXS, payment made after 5pm, consider next day transaction.

For internet banking, payment made after 9pm consider next day transaction...

Wah Kaoz! You think I so free to remember all these small prints ah? :wacko:

Actually, to make thing easier, i always treat banking via AXS and internet banking as take 1 working day to process.

but for me, i dont wait till the last day. will pay off the moment i got the billed. some time i will just pay before the bill arrived. (pay base on previous month charge.

Supercharged

Just call OCBC and get the late payment waive. Think the late payment is 50 bucks.

I just called them not long ago to waive it off. i only spent 25 dollars and they wanted a late payment for $50.

just call them up for waiver.

I've been charged late charges and interest rate cos I forgot to pay my previous month's bill.

Called them and cooked up some BS story and got it wavied.