Late payment charges for credit card

Bluepica

Turbocharged

anybody heard of giro payment

i have been paying through giro to elevate the TS headache

dont like Giro Payment, if they make a wrong deduction, they will not be paying you back in cash. rather they debit from your Bill, end up the money is still with them.

↡ Advertisement

dont like Giro Payment, if they make a wrong deduction, they will not be paying you back in cash. rather they debit from your Bill, end up the money is still with them.

Yes, Joe, I have the same thinking as u... especially when come to credit card payment

if i am not wrong...under contract law, the due date is the due date...you can even make payment on 11.59 just before the next day and its still not considered late as long as you have the evidence(your axs receipt). there is a reason why a due date is called a due date... thumbs down for them..

agree with YellowFlash, just show them your AXS receipt and u paid by due date..if want late payment charges, ask from AXS..lol

Hi TS,

OCBC cmi ...I has their card long time ago but I did realize ther have very stupid inflexible policies.

My 2 cents- Don't pay the late charges and associated interest , cancel the card pay whatever outstanding balance you have. There are so many banks ofefring way better service than them. Why bother? I highly doubt your late charges are sufficient enough for them to even bother to take any action.

Try UOB lah...now the fee waivers even automated...good idea ..the folks there seem to get it right

Yes, Joe, I have the same thinking as u... especially when come to credit card payment

Giro sucks and high risk of over charging/ wrong charge...

but for my season parking... only Giro has much better benefits.. ^_^

agree with YellowFlash, just show them your AXS receipt and u paid by due date..if want late payment charges, ask from AXS..lol

but the fact is...

Credit cards terms clearly state... "if bill is not paid by due date"...

also states payment by AXS will take 2-3 working days....

so if go to court all... customer got no freaking case...

but of course bank will out of good will waive lah...

my citibank i tried to do a cash deposit to pay my bill on the last day... went to machine but out of service... so i called them they said no problem... guess if banks want our business must make exceptions and bend abit of rules...

i'm sure all banks have customer profiles... maybe TS is a pain in the neck to OCBC... ahaha...

no offense yah...

They have 1 more policy on waiver - that is only once per year

citibank told me only once a year... i said no problem pls cancel all my cards....

then no problem... [laugh]

but Amex DIE DIE wont give in... you say cxl they WILL cxl... sob sob...

Usually if you make payment thru internet transfer/ AXS/ Cheque on the due date itself, will be be charge a late payment fee?

I've done that so many years for other bank CC but have not been charge a late payment charges, but this #%#%$ OCBC charged me for late payment even if I make the payment on the due date itself.

OCBC explanation was that even if I make payment on the due date, but the fund will take 2-3working days to reach the bank. Which means I have to make the payment few days before the due date. This is so stupid! Then y not they move forward the due date and cater that allowance time on their side instead of having the customer to calculate the time needed for the fund to reach the bank??

:angry:

Request for waiver . . . if they refuse, cancel your CC. <_<

but the fact is...

my citibank i tried to do a cash deposit to pay my bill on the last day... went to machine but out of service... so i called them they said no problem... guess if banks want our business must make exceptions and bend abit of rules...

i'm sure all banks have customer profiles... maybe TS is a pain in the neck to OCBC... ahaha...

no offense yah...

Internet payment and cheque also takes 2-3 days what... so means due date must queue up at bank and made cash payment ah?

Pls loh, what era are we living in? Of course still got ppl go bank and make cash payment la, but the "due date" must also gear up to meet the current demand where most consumers made payment electronically ma... eh... we talking about "world class" leh [cool]

pain in the neck? Pls lo... I very guai at settling my bills hor... at least till now...

Usually if you make payment thru internet transfer/ AXS/ Cheque on the due date itself, will be be charge a late payment fee?

I've done that so many years for other bank CC but have not been charge a late payment charges, but this #%#%$ OCBC charged me for late payment even if I make the payment on the due date itself.

OCBC explanation was that even if I make payment on the due date, but the fund will take 2-3working days to reach the bank. Which means I have to make the payment few days before the due date. This is so stupid! Then y not they move forward the due date and cater that allowance time on their side instead of having the customer to calculate the time needed for the fund to reach the bank??

Call them up, ask for waiver lor. If cannot, tell them "ok never mind, i pay the fine but pls also cancel off my card pls"

Turbocharged

Complain to CASE

Turbocharged
(edited)

Ask to waive and then cancel the card after they waive.

ocbc cards are waste of time. the other 2 local banks are better with their card offerings unless you have a specific offering that only oc has.

there are better cards out there, especially if you are type who pays in full all the time by due date, then having a card becomes a net positive instrument for you.

Edited by Sabian

Neutral Newbie

Only Can Borrow Coin bank?

I terminated all my cards with them , they wanted to charge me all with membership. [knife]

but the fact is...

no offense yah...

the fund doesn't reach them doesn't mean you haven't paid...on the receipt, it clearly states that it has been paid unless it said payment must reach them by due date if not i don't see any fault with paying on that day itself and if payment is to be made earlier that date specified, they have to indicate for eg: please pay "3" days before due date(but this is lame)...seriously, as i said it is called "due date" for a reason.

taken from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/due+date

due date

noun

the date on which an obligation must be repaid

citibank told me only once a year... i said no problem pls cancel all my cards....

then no problem... [laugh]

but Amex DIE DIE wont give in... you say cxl they WILL cxl... sob sob...

and that is the reason why AMEX is not popular over here, you see that many places do not support the use for AMEX but for Masters and Visa.