Late payment charges for credit card

Bluepica

OCBC...

ai si buay si.... go die better

Now only I know so many ppl dislike OCBC (canto: or see bei see = s--t out, give s--t)

↡ Advertisement

so far i have no problem with ocbc leh...

once i forgot to pay my bills. think the due is 14th i called em on the 18th and say i really forgot. i will head to axs now and do the trf. the CSO waive immediately no qns asked.

they offered me the easicredit and NTUC card. due to the freebies i said ok. they sent a courier down all i do is sign and 1week later the card appear in my mail box.

for amex also i had gd experience. they seem to have many ppl manning the phones. no need to wait more than 2mins.

citibank and diners is the worst. diners cancelled liao. citibank cuz of the discount i retain the card.

oh... another bank also buay pai is SCB. same old s--t forgot to pay called and immediately waive no qns asked. very gd limit also they give.

Internet payment and cheque also takes 2-3 days what... so means due date must queue up at bank and made cash payment ah?

Pls loh, what era are we living in? Of course still got ppl go bank and make cash payment la, but the "due date" must also gear up to meet the current demand where most consumers made payment electronically ma... eh... we talking about "world class" leh [cool]

pain in the neck? Pls lo... I very guai at settling my bills hor... at least till now...

seriously why pay the bill at the last day??? bill gets sent to your home like 2-3weeks before due date correct?

due date simply means by that date they must have received the payment... you wanna pay by AXS or Cheque... do it at least 2-3 days before... and the fact is cheques and AXS only take a date to clear... 2-3days is a buffer time...

the fund doesn't reach them doesn't mean you haven't paid...on the receipt, it clearly states that it has been paid unless it said payment must reach them by due date if not i don't see any fault with paying on that day itself and if payment is to be made earlier that date specified, they have to indicate for eg: please pay "3" days before due date(but this is lame)...seriously, as i said it is called "due date" for a reason.

taken from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/due+date

due date

noun

the date on which an obligation must be repaid

this is a stupid argument...

i pay all my bills when i get them...

i dont understand why the hell ppl must pay as close as possible to the 'due date'... -_-

and that is the reason why AMEX is not popular over here, you see that many places do not support the use for AMEX but for Masters and Visa.

the reason why Amex not popular is because of the chargers to the merchant...

anyways credit cards are dangerous... lack self control and you get yourself in debt...

if its a status symbol over a convient means of payment... then i think those banks who allow a 'platinium' card to annual income of $24k is ridiculous...

[:)]

Neutral Newbie

why is it there we must give prove to credit card company when we fail to pay especially when the problem is NOT ours

the case

if credit card company send me the month bill but letter missing and did not reach me

how come i kena pay late charges and how come i need to prove to them i did not receive

actually they should be sending via registered mail

this happened before HDB has the blocked letter boxes installed

i dont understand why the hell ppl must pay as close as possible to the 'due date'... -_-

it seems that just because you don't agree with the argument , you called it stupid. i was just stating the facts about the meaning of "due date" and also talking about contract law...all these are facts, whether or not people choose to pay in advance or pay on the due date itself is a personal preference. Anyway this is a forum, i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion and its also a platform for sharing, if don't like it, then just don't post...anyway i'll end my "stupid" argument here.

Ken4555, i agree with you.

There is about a 20 day grace from statment to due date, dont understand why people like to wait then curse and swear at the bank.

Infact, the transaction was done way before the statement. Never receive statement etc.. are plain rubbish. You should very well know what you have spent.

Usually if you make payment thru internet transfer/ AXS/ Cheque on the due date itself, will be be charge a late payment fee?

I've done that so many years for other bank CC but have not been charge a late payment charges, but this #%#%$ OCBC charged me for late payment even if I make the payment on the due date itself.

OCBC explanation was that even if I make payment on the due date, but the fund will take 2-3working days to reach the bank. Which means I have to make the payment few days before the due date. This is so stupid! Then y not they move forward the due date and cater that allowance time on their side instead of having the customer to calculate the time needed for the fund to reach the bank??

:angry:

Lesson learnt and don't blame the system.

Pay at least one week before due date.

Simple as that.~

it seems that just because you don't agree with the argument , you called it stupid. i was just stating the facts about the meaning of "due date" and also talking about contract law...all these are facts, whether or not people choose to pay in advance or pay on the due date itself is a personal preference. Anyway this is a forum, i believe everyone is entitled to their own opinion and its also a platform for sharing, if don't like it, then just don't post...anyway i'll end my "stupid" argument here.

hi bro Yellow Flash... i believe i spoke to you before in MCF... but i seriously cannot remember the topic... anyways from your posts here i guess you're a nice guy... well educated and all... and definitely polite...

i apologise if you felt hurt i called your 'argument' stupid... sorry yah... i didnt mean you i just meant the 'argument'... [blush]

pls dont get the wrong idea i am not trying argue/debate/prove anything anymore... just wanna explain how i feel about this credit card thingy....

maybe i'm not very strong in my English... but when i read on any credit card bill on the 'payment due date'... it states so clearly...

If the Minimum Payment is not received by Payment Date, a late charge blah blah blah...

i think the general public will understand the bank means they must receive the payment by that date...

and i think the general public will also understand it means 2359HRS on that date...

also the general public will understand that the AXS machine does not instantly update payments...

and the general public knows that a cheque takes at least 1-2 working days to clear...

so i think that me, as a general public, will not try to find out the dictionary meaning of 'due date', and will understand that the bill simply means the bank must receive the $$$ on the specified date... with WHATEVER mode of payment...

if it was a prize $ to collect or purchase a product @ like 90% discount... and you had to register on AXS by a 'due date'... i dont think anyone will wait until the 'due date'... the point is maybe its human nature to feel a pinch when departing with $$$... but to me... the moment i swiped the card for the purchase a month ago, i would already have said farewell to my $$$ there and then already... hahaha...

the fund doesn't reach them doesn't mean you haven't paid...on the receipt, it clearly states that it has been paid unless it said payment must reach them by due date if not i don't see any fault with paying on that day itself and if payment is to be made earlier that date specified, they have to indicate for eg: please pay "3" days before due date(but this is lame)...seriously, as i said it is called "due date" for a reason.

taken from:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/due+date

due date

noun

the date on which an obligation must be repaid

just incased you confused...

unless it said payment must reach them by due date......

the bill says payment must be received by due date... same meaning as what you said... [laugh]

but however i strongly feel bank should wave if its like 1st or 2nd time... if not cxl lor so many cards out there... chey...

Twincharged

just call them up for waiver.

I've been charged late charges and interest rate cos I forgot to pay my previous month's bill.

Called them and cooked up some BS story and got it wavied.

the fella who answers the call is authorised to give waivers for the previous month's late charges or whatever and also card fees.

but the fella cannot waive off anything more than the previous month's have/dun have charges.

last time wanted to canx my card when renewal fees came .... they never ack ... then next month send me late fees for the renewal .... i called and told them to canx again ... but then next month they tambah renewal fees and 2 mths lates charges !! then when i called then a third time, the person told me can only waive off the last "charge" but i still have to pay the renewal and 1'st month late fees !!

knn, send them an email and the superior called me and told me everything wud be wiped off.

Supersonic

I don't know why people here might be doing that (consciously), but one idiotic thing (among many) that Robert Kiyosaki said in his book (Rich Dad, Poor Dad) was "pay yourself first" (and by implication, others last). A lot of people seem to take this to mean that they should repay debit obligations as late as possible. This is foolhardy, and not likely to save very much money. I don't know if this is what the author intended (can't remember the book verbatim), but this is just one of the many reasons why I consider that book to be dangerous nonsense.

Supersonic

Giro sucks and high risk of over charging/ wrong charge...

but for my season parking... only Giro has much better benefits.. ^_^

When did you have issues with Giro (with credit cards)? I've used it for years to pay off my UOB card balance on a monthly basis, with no issues so far (touch wood).

This is damn retarded....Bro, from wad i see you are in no wrong at all....Same for me many a times i pay on the due date itself but nv have any of the 4 credit cards company (none is OCBC) billed my late payment charge for that. How much did OCBC charge you for tat? $40?

If i were you, i will call up n terminate the card frm the bank....

Usually if you make payment thru internet transfer/ AXS/ Cheque on the due date itself, will be be charge a late payment fee?

I've done that so many years for other bank CC but have not been charge a late payment charges, but this #%#%$ OCBC charged me for late payment even if I make the payment on the due date itself.

OCBC explanation was that even if I make payment on the due date, but the fund will take 2-3working days to reach the bank. Which means I have to make the payment few days before the due date. This is so stupid! Then y not they move forward the due date and cater that allowance time on their side instead of having the customer to calculate the time needed for the fund to reach the bank??

:angry:

Hey,

I am sorry to say. You are at fault of late payment. All fine print should read, you dont have the time. dont use credit card then.

For your so call one off late payment. some dude is right here. call to ask for wavier or cancel the card if you card. You will usually get what you want. For 1 or twice only. My Citi card gives 1 wavier per year according to the customer service officer.

Again, please pay in time. and ask your bank how the online payment like (is true that takes them 2 day to clear payment).

Lastly. pay on time and pay before due date. Late? blame yourself only.

Cheers and nice weekend to all.

↡ Advertisement