Late payment charges for credit card

Bluepica

Anybody feels the same way as me that local banks tend to be very inflexible when it comes to late charge waiver....foreign banks are more 'compassionate' when it comes to waiving off charges...

My situation...I paid all the bills on time via AXS...meaning that if the date is 28 Oct, I normally pay after work on 28 Oct...but if I do this some local banks slap me with a late charge 80 plus interest..whereas foreign banks usually are good with it...

why..why are local banks so lidat? Margins these days are low so need to earn extra moolah through such means? [rifle]

↡ Advertisement

Anybody feels the same way as me that local banks tend to be very inflexible when it comes to late charge waiver....foreign banks are more 'compassionate' when it comes to waiving off charges...

My situation...I paid all the bills on time via AXS...meaning that if the date is 28 Oct, I normally pay after work on 28 Oct...but if I do this some local banks slap me with a late charge 80 plus interest..whereas foreign banks usually are good with it...

why..why are local banks so lidat? Margins these days are low so need to earn extra moolah through such means? [rifle]

dunno bro but why get yourself into such a situation in teh first place.  The day I receive the bill, I pay THAT very day!  Never procrastinate as u may forget, etc....

I even pay way before bill due.  This is to ensure I have peace of mind.  

With that, I have NEVER had issues with CC late payments

• Praise 1

I've waived off a few times no issues. My wife also, she has a tendency to procrastinate about bill payment.  [laugh]

I can only say it's your own pasar and probably u need to look at yourself, why u want to keep paying the banks $ to do this

dunno bro but why get yourself into such a situation in teh first place.  The day I receive the bill, I pay THAT very day!  Never procrastinate as u may forget, etc....

I even pay way before bill due.  This is to ensure I have peace of mind.  

With that, I have NEVER had issues with CC late payments

Agreed.

own fault but blame banks?

champion

:D  :a-good:

post-18880-0-06508000-1477503059_thumb.j

If its itchy bitcy just speak to that nice and helpful Kenneth 

maybe he can help mentor and guide you and 

make great contribution to your personal development.  :a-m1212:

:D

I've waived off a few times no issues. My wife also, she has a tendency to procrastinate about bill payment.  [laugh]

I can only say it's your own pasar and probably u need to look at yourself, why u want to keep paying the banks $ to do this

Agreed.

Yeah lah, but to me technically Im not late, the money has been deducted from my savings account. They say 28 Oct, I pay 28 Oct.

If the local banks receive late from AXS, that's between the banks and AXS. Why penalise the end customer who pays on time as per the credit card statement date? Why make the distinction between paying b4 5pm and after 5pm? [mad]

own fault but blame banks?

champion

:D  :a-good:

Er bro..kindly explain?

Yeah lah, but to me technically Im not late, the money has been deducted from my savings account. They say 28 Oct, I pay 28 Oct.

If the local banks receive late from AXS, that's between the banks and AXS. Why penalise the end customer who pays on time as per the credit card statement date? Why make the distinction between paying b4 5pm and after 5pm? [mad]

AXS is 3rd party bro.  There is a cut off time before they need to do the log processing backend to trf to the banks.

Safer to pay the day before, say in morning or 1/2 days before......I use AXS online, and realise that after 5pm, the payment goes in the following day.

Again, do your own personal due diligence lah

Er bro..kindly explain?

wrong.... axs is just middle man... so technically you are late as long as the bank does not receive the payment....... PERIOD!

eh.. hello.... people need time to process de leh........ you think your grandfather bank meh

AXS is 3rd party bro.  There is a cut off time before they need to do the log processing backend to trf to the banks.

Safer to pay the day before, say in morning or 1/2 days before......I use AXS online, and realise that after 5pm, the payment goes in the following day.

Ok noted...

But why I raise this is because of a certain local bank which credit cards I just applied for and used only recently..I dunno that they cant accept after 5pm payments using AXS..which will be labelled as late..

Point noted and will stop using this bank's cards asap..

Have used CCC 10 over years liao and usually mostly pay up on the last due day but first time using this local bank...kena late charges.. [bigcry] ...ok my bad, need to be smarter over these matters

his bill must be in tens or hundreds of thousands so 1 day interest is alot..... or just ngeow chi ngeow lan

Ok noted...

But why I raise this is because of a certain local bank which credit cards I just applied for and used only recently..I dunno that they cant accept after 5pm payments using AXS..which will be labelled as late..

Point noted and will stop using this bank's cards asap..

Have used CCC 10 over years liao and usually mostly pay up on the last due day but first time using this local bank...kena late charges.. [bigcry] ...ok my bad, need to be smarter over these matters

hahah..its' ok. Live n learn.

In this, case a good test of their sincerity.  Just cut and terminate and walk away

his bill must be in tens or hundreds of thousands so 1 day interest is alot..... or just ngeow chi ngeow lan

it is $80 late charge...and I only spent 20bucks on the card...

my own experience, i missed a payment of $20 cos they switched to paperless statement without informing me.

asked for waiver and SMS me one week later to reject

i called in and asked the relevant dept to call back to explain why rejected otherwise i will cancel the card and all my other accounts. 

end up they called back to waive. So don't believe it when they SMS to tell u cannot waive

my own experience, i missed a payment of $20 cos they switched to paperless statement without informing me.

i called in and asked the relevant dept to call back to explain why rejected otherwise i will cancel the card and all my other accounts. 

end up they called back to waive. So don't believe it when they SMS to tell u cannot waive

i know which dam bloody silankia bank u tokking abt....haaaaaaaaaaaa

Sometimes will still kena. I always pay my CC bills thru internet banking. Got once, thought i paid liao and actually it didnt went thru for dunno what reason. I only found out when i received the next bill. Called, explained and requested for waiver which was approved. The billing bank was POSB.

some of them really KL.  I ever put my final word of 'which part of CANCEL do you not understand?' 

This was not abt billing but some other issue, think it was not honoring their promo or sth liddat.  Not local bank.

anyway, card cos are a plenty.  If this one cb, there are others that want your business.  Now the banks are scrambling for customers many many

but i never raise my voice or make the CSO on the other line hard, they are doing their job too, altho some I believe are based in Manila....hahahha

↡ Advertisement