Chevrolet Epica 2.0A

Zepil99

Neutral Newbie

any1 driving Epica 2.0A here? any review. those i found are quite old might not be valid any more.

about 86k (COE Cat B dropped 3.4k, so should go lower now), with 6AT and inline 6 engine.

come with new facelift with DVD and not sure what else.

any comments?

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

any1 driving Epica 2.0A here? any review. those i found are quite old might not be valid any more.

about 86k (COE Cat B dropped 3.4k, so should go lower now), with 6AT and inline 6 engine.

any comments?

Test drive before,handling so so,suspension too soft,engine lack of low end torque,but smooth,get the 2.5L a better bet....resale price after 3 yrs,paper value only,body worthless...oversea no demand.

any comments?

ER-3682's comments are not wrong, though new 6AT masks lack of low end torque well. Quiet, smooth, soft-riding boulevard cruiser, not a B-road challenger (then again, neither is the Camry). Outside big but inside not so big. 2.5L not available anymore. Feels old besides the i45. An evolution of a old Daewoo. Build quality is patchy. But at $86k what else can one buy that offers this level of refinement? Its an excellent chance to experience an inexpensive iL6 before it goes the way of the dodo.

any comments?

I myself had book the Epica 2.0....book it sraight after i test-drive it :)

I think it's too heavy at over 1.5tons. The IL6 IMO is not necessary for a 2.0L, compared to a 4pot 2.0L it's over-weight with it's larger block to accommodate 2 extra cylinders. Both produce the same power, slightly more torque but it's offset by the extra weight. Only pro is the engine feels & sounds smoother. I think that's the same reason why BMW drop the IL6 for a IL4 for its 2.0L. The IL4 will also have a better FC since it has 2 cylinder less.

The 6speed auto gearbox is picked up from the GM parts bin, IMO not really design for the epica or even the cruz. Most likely another heavy weight item from some heavy weight car from GM. A 4 or 5speed auto gearbox would suffice and probably loose much of the unnecessary weight.

(edited)

Saw the news today that a tree fell on a car. Three persons in the car was unhurt.

The car was a blue Epica.......body strong .... [:)] .....

Another case was a ji pon chia Honda Freed.....the driver died. [shakehead]

Edited by GoodCar

(edited)

Saw the news today that a tree fell on a car. Three persons in the car was unhurt.

Pls look at the diff sizes in branches of the trees b4 u comment la. Can maybe highlight a car that can survive the accident in 1st pic?

DSC_5932.jpg

Accident.jpg

Edited by Invigorated

Wah Liao eh, the tree that fell on the Freed is how big versus the one on the Epica?

Regards,

people no see the picture on the Freed mah, sorry lor.

RIP to the 3 folks in the honda freed

Only 1 death in the Freed.

Regards,

Hi ! Very Happy to join this forum as a new member.

I made a booking of the epica 2.0 immediately after a test drive around Ubi Area. That is a great car, very impressive. I think is value for money of just 80k after discount for this L6 engine at this moment of time. But the SE let me sign a 6-bid non-guarantee COE Agreement. I may think this is not a fair deal. After all, they will just let the agreement lapse is Coe remain high above 35k.

Hi ! Very Happy to join this forum as a new member.

I made a booking of the epica 2.0 immediately after a test drive around Ubi Area. That is a great car, very impressive. I think is value for money of just 80k after discount for this L6 engine at this moment of time. But the SE let me sign a 6-bid non-guarantee COE Agreement. I may think this is not a fair deal. After all, they will just let the agreement lapse is Coe remain high above 35k.

its just a short test drive and you book it. [confused]

go for a longer test drive to the expressways and drive over rough roads to get a better feel first.

Neutral Newbie

Pls look at the diff sizes in branches of the trees b4 u comment la. Can maybe highlight a car that can survive the accident in 1st pic?

wtf one is tree branch the other is part of the trunk... how u compare....

ya lol !

Now a little bit negret, hopefully they will not sell me since the coe now damn high.

↡ Advertisement