Chevrolet Epica 2.0A

Zepil99

I bought mine in Mar 2010 (2 years old now) and gets about 8.5km/l in SG and about 11km/l on NSH.

Glad I got mine as the COE was low then whilst the new ones are bare - must be the barest 2L car on the market I think.

6 cylinders are naturally more less efficient because of higher resistance, losses etc comapred say to a 4 cylinder.

With today's car prices I just hope it will not give too many problems. Already had a few *symptoms* in terms of reliability - gear release jammed, brake disc warp with only 40k km clocked, wiper motor died, air con blower whining noise at low speed.

Neutral Newbie

BEWARE OF RDY ( Research Development Yes) Autocare @ Autopoint #02-02.: SCAMS / CHEATS / DAYLIGHT ROBBERY !!!!24/05/2011

There was a loud noise from my Chevrolet (Chevy Optra) engine and the engine dies but I managed to start the car and drive back home of about 25 KM. Next morning at 9am started & drove the car out of the car park and got it towed to RDY (First time using their services). at about 9:30 and was told by RDY Staff, Kenny car has arrived and I specifically mentioned I just needed Timing belt service package as follows:

Package includes:

1) 1pc timing belt

2) 1pc timing tensioner

3) 1pc idler bearing

4) 1pc water pump

5) 1pc water pump 'O' ring

6) Renew coolant using OWS coolant

7) Labour inclusive

Special Price: S$438.00

Above taken from their website , link as follows : http://www.rdyautocare.com/index.php?main_...ef074f4b16853a5

He said ok, and after 1 hour I called back and he told me that the engine is damaged need to do

Dont mind can post their respondent here? the site required registration. It will be good to know the outcome for awareness purpose. I personnally had met such blood sucking workshop before and they are always preying at driver by assuming they know nuts about car

Neutral Newbie

RDY posted pictures showing the the idling bearings had melted and were stuck in between the crankshaft gears and the belt. Mileage of the car was also extremely high at 154,748 km, way past the recommended timing belt servicing, and the car had to be towed into the workshop. You can read more details at the TeamChevySG forum.

RDY posted pictures showing the the idling bearings had melted and were stuck in between the crankshaft gears and the belt. Mileage of the car was also extremely high at 154,748 km, way past the recommended timing belt servicing, and the car had to be towed into the workshop. You can read more details at the TeamChevySG forum.

i believe RDY is at fault, here's what i think

- RDY posted pictures showing the the idling bearings had melted and were stuck in between the crankshaft gears and the belt.

> doesn't matter, point of argument is that the car can start and run despite the melted bearings, customer didn't want to change thus there should have been no argument on this

- Mileage of the car was also extremely high at 154,748 km, way past the recommended timing belt servicing

> mileage high doesn't mean its way past the recommended timing belt servicing, customer might have changed the timing belt at 154,747 km and RDY wouldn't have known

i think RDY's explanation is not acceptable, they did a poor job and their constant instance on doing more than what the customer wants just shows their interest in earning more money over the customer's interests

i believe RDY is at fault, here's what i think

- RDY posted pictures showing the the idling bearings had melted and were stuck in between the crankshaft gears and the belt.

> doesn't matter, point of argument is that the car can start and run despite the melted bearings, customer didn't want to change thus there should have been no argument on this

The customer only want the timing belt package, bearing is included right?

- Mileage of the car was also extremely high at 154,748 km, way past the recommended timing belt servicing

> mileage high doesn't mean its way past the recommended timing belt servicing, customer might have changed the timing belt at 154,747 km and RDY wouldn't have known

i think RDY's explanation is not acceptable, they did a poor job and their constant instance on doing more than what the customer wants just shows their interest in earning more money over the customer's interests

Trouble shooting always open up a lot of argument, and very often people started to argue base on Hindsight.

I am staying out of this .....hehehe

i think that even if a customer wants to do something foolish like driving with 4 flat tires, its his car afterall

no workshop should insist that the customer pay more than what the customer wants even if the customer wants to do something really stupid

Hi, my Epica just clocked 10,000km after 9 mths of driving, just do not know what should i do, becos I read the sticker it should send for next service only after one year, but i think it should be 10,000km right, anyone can advice me on this? Thank in advance.

Hi, my Epica just clocked 10,000km after 9 mths of driving, just do not know what should i do, becos I read the sticker it should send for next service only after one year, but i think it should be 10,000km right, anyone can advice me on this? Thank in advance.

i'd just send it in if i were you, engine oil turns into sludge over time

a regular service should cost no more than $150 at the very most

What did yr servicing handbook said?

Believe it is still under warranty, call up AD to chk [:)]

..its 10,000 or one year whichever is first..so u shd send it for servicing already..

Thank all Bros for the valuable advice, but one thing I am doubtful, I just done the oil changed 3 month back then, so what a waste if after 3 month, the engine oil change again or done other thing which is not neccessary, further more, my previouly car inspection, cost me $140 buck, which is excluding the oil change. Any Bros here experienced this kind of charges, thks. Alpine Motors really know how to make $$$. [laugh][laugh]

Thank all Bros for the valuable advice, but one thing I am doubtful, I just done the oil changed 3 month back then, so what a waste if after 3 month, the engine oil change again or done other thing which is not neccessary, further more, my previouly car inspection, cost me $140 buck, which is excluding the oil change. Any Bros here experienced this kind of charges, thks. Alpine Motors really know how to make $$$. [laugh][laugh]

Any update on your ride, will be good if u can update all the epic lovers of car here [:)]

↡ Advertisement