Chevrolet Epica 2.0A

Zepil99

Hihi, Does the new Epica have Cruise control?

I read from a car magazine recently that the latest Epica do not come with cruise control [:(]

What a shame, this is a nice car to cruise on N/S highway.

The original cruise control button on the steering is also very big and easy to use when compare with the cruise control stick that other brand offer

↡ Advertisement

They had taken out most of the expensive feature, and only remain the basic feature, that is why they can give such a big discount during the car show. see attached cut out copy of the feature.

post-72655-1280826853_thumb.png

Hi all

i have a problem here relating to my chevrolet captiva. Not so much related to the Epica topic but hope anyone with experience can give me some advice and recommendations !

I hv this rotten egg smell coming out of my car air-con for more than 6 months, since i bought the car in Aug 09. It comes on when i accelerate the car hard. I did my servicing 2 months ago, but workshop could not find any problem with aircon, only did cleaning etc.

The problem disappears for 1 month plus but now it is back again....rotten egg or sulphur smell when i accelerate....

anybody knows whats the problem and advise me pls, much appreciated...otherwise i need to sell my car cos my daughter takes the car with me, i dont want her to smell these toxic smell.

Happened to my ride also . Fixed by installing a thermostat.

Apparently the reason is the aircon pipe became too cold and hardens, hence it wasn't flowing efficiently and thus the funny smell when the engine work hard.

Solved by Mark Cool - Ah huat. Very knowledageable and nice guy!

Hi, Just to share with you some photo taken during the test drive at the Chevy Car Showroom. The colour is Thunder Grey, look very attractive over others. [:)]

post-72655-1280900239_thumb.jpg

post-72655-1280900253_thumb.jpg

post-72655-1280900265_thumb.jpg

post-72655-1280900280_thumb.jpg

Hi, Just to share with you some photo taken during the test drive at the Chevy Car Showroom. The colour is Thunder Grey, look very attractive over others. [:)]

I once wrote a FR on Epica (almost 2 years ago, I guess), it is actually not a bad car but I just can't get past its look. The SE came in to MCF and praise me for the comment. Consider value for money to me then, where to find an IL-6 at that kind of price. I didn't find the pick-up/acceleration to my expectation though, cornering is soft to me. Comparing to the same class, like Accord, Camry, it seems smaller in term of overall cabin space.

In the end, I went for the FD2 for a better driving experience.

Regards,

FD2, look impressive, score best seller car in 2008. I am now driving it, already 5 month. But now i already decided to change due to the poor insulation and poor roof and poor wiper etc. My new Epica is on the way if coe bidding is sucessful. Since the Coe is unpredictable, i have to wait, and wait and wait lol [bigcry] !!!!!!!!

I prefer the old EPica with cruise control and wooden trim :wub:

March 2009 was offered at $69,999 :huh:

Edited by GoodCar

The Epica (Facelifted) now come without these options from the previous model...

1.) No cruise control

2.) No front fog lights

3.) No electric seat (driver)

4.) Left wing mirror doesn't auto tilt down when Reverse Gear selected

5.) No auto wiper

6.) No 6 CD/DVD changer - Replaced with Pioneer Touchscreen DVD player w USB and Aux (for iPod)

7.) No auto folding wing mirror

8.) No independent traction control button (Formerly with Aisin 5 speed gearbox now with GM 6 speed with Winter mode)

9.) No steering mount radio control

10.) No auto air con/climatic control

Now the OMV @15K+

Epica facelifted now comes with

1.) Two toned leather seats

2.) Full body kit with Exhaust muffler finisher

3.) Independent Rear Night fog light

4.) Door sills scuff plates

5.) The Pioneer DVD mentioned above

6.) 6 speed with steptronics autogear with Winter mode (basically an independent Traction control mode)

7.) 16" Hankook K415 tyres with light alloy rims

8.) Auto headlights (same as previous model)

I am not really bothered with the lack of electronics stuff as the basics are fine with me.

Edited by RelaxLah

The Epica (Facelifted) now come without these options from the previous model...

1.) No cruise control

2.) No front fog lights

3.) No electric seat (driver)

4.) Left wing mirror doesn't auto tilt down when Reverse Gear selected

5.) No auto wiper

6.) No 6 CD/DVD changer - Replaced with Pioneer Touchscreen DVD player w USB and Aux (for iPod)

7.) No auto folding wing mirror

8.) No independent traction control button (Formerly with Aisin 5 speed gearbox no GM 6 speed with Winter mode)

9.) No steering mount radio control

Water down until so jiala... [shakehead]

But than at present market condition...what to do [:(]

FD2, look impressive, score best seller car in 2008. I am now driving it, already 5 month. But now i already decided to change due to the poor insulation and poor roof and poor wiper etc. My new Epica is on the way if coe bidding is sucessful. Since the Coe is unpredictable, i have to wait, and wait and wait lol [bigcry] !!!!!!!!

From FD2 to Epica is considered as an upgrade since Epica is of the same class like Accord and Camry.

You've only driven 5 months and decided to change car already :D ?

Let me know how you feel about the car if you get to drive it eventually.

Regards,

If I may comment...the Epica autogear is NOT for spirited drive unless switch over to +/-... a stepdown when still in D will have about 2sec delay before all 143 horses in the IL6 roar at 4600rpm and the car punts forward in a smooth rush..watch the needle coz it would hit way past legal speeds fast...ease off the pedal at 100kmh and d IL6 will quieten down with its rpm @1800rpm....Tyre noise still acceptable from the K415, cornering front grips ok but watch the tail as the suspension set up is multilink (w upperarm) so a bit tail happy if taking corners too fast, Steering very sedate, hardly any road feel...MSCP beware length is @4.8m...

Water down until so jiala... [shakehead]

But than at present market condition...what to do [:(]

Actually, the IL-6 engine is the main selling point of this car. Basically part assemblies are from Vietnam.

Regards,

Yupe...I like the IL6...and the px was just right for me pocket...Camry/Teana/Accord prices are too far for me to touch....the i45 was a little bit off my budget but the lines are too loud for me..

Actually, the IL-6 engine is the main selling point of this car. Basically part assemblies are from Vietnam.

Regards,

Didn't know about the Vietnam part, thanks.

But at least Chevy pass some saving to the consumer [:)] .

I will respect Thaiyota if they do the same for MIT car like Altis and Camry.

Must admit that I am consumer bias.. [laugh]

My previous car Hyundai Avante 1.6 (A) S also drove for 1 yr + due to to braking problem. But now, the civic is a little cramp for a family of 5 (all adult liao), and furthermore, also give problem mentioned earlier. The Epica as mention, all depend on the dealer, The Alpine and the coe, no gaurantee

Edited by Cat
↡ Advertisement